How do you feel about the Raleigh show cancellation?

whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,145
edited April 2016 in The Porch

How do you feel about the Raleigh show cancellation? 161 votes

I completely support the cancellation!
43%
Tauranmca47Vedd Hedd1vs5robbie2-feign-reluctance3sheetswhoyouare72Travelardigninon2legsjerDrdealdreamweavervedhead19WildsblueandwhitePJPADDLERraa0425gotthebottle 70 votes
I don't think it will have much impact on changing the law
29%
stateoflove79jeffbrDr. Delightleep75Ledbetterman10farfromglorifiedDPrival78presenttentsmarkymark550sk8nshoot1PJArtistHubmann2513nocode85Clean187Satans Red MosquitoMalrothKC138045RS151862Biscuitbw188719 47 votes
I lost money on airfare or hotel but accept PJ's decision
2%
MayDay10ZodJS188455iwasatpj20 4 votes
This is Bullshit!
24%
jaduplantcandleofthoughtjdopjbosshogg18evander1129PJINFLAbootlegger10DischordVisionDercheefiamicaDragonsAfter3or4pjpjpaulComeToTXj1kotwicNDJeff7adamg5BettrMan21BS50402RC153010StevieG 40 votes

Comments

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,145
    Thanks for the responses so far I'm very curious to see which option comes out on top
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    there should be an option for I support the cancellation but wish it had come sooner, which I'm sure 99% of the people here think.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    I'm surprised Rage Against The Machine hasn't reunited, announced a North Carolina date, and then cancelled it in protest. Just to out-liberal Bruce and PJ.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    I'm not going to it but I chose the 3rd one. I understand the decision, but I think it puts a lot of PJ fans out money by having such a short cancellation notice. If I had prepaid flights/hotels and it went past the cancellation period, I'd be livid.
    ehbacon said:

there should be an option for I support the cancellation but wish it had come sooner, which I'm sure 99% of the people here think.

I had that in my original list but figured everybody would select it so I omitted it from the poll
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I need an option for supporting the decision, but calling bullshit on the timing.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    Needs an option supporting the decision but questioning the timing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Raleigh is still getting my business, because I already prepaid air, hotel and car. So for me, it's bullshit and can't see how much it's going to hurt that city with already having my money, and I know a lot fans who are stuck in the same position. I get why they did it, but I think 2 days notice is disrespectful towards your fans, knowing how many travel.
  • I completely support the cancellation!
    829 members online and 542 guests. This certainly got people's attention.

I support the decision but not the timing.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    losing money from flights and hotels would have me pissed if i was going to the show, so i feel for the fans.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,185
    You need a few more choices.

They, PJ, Could have used this concert as an avenue to discuss the topic. Could have put the concert on the air for free, had guest speakers, put on PBS.

I think there could have been a few other ideas thrown around but in the end I do agree something must be done.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I lost money, but have no choice but to accept their decision.
  • JP187058JP187058 Posts: 2
    This is Bullshit!
    Am out the airfare cancellation fees, change fees, am out the hotel, and though I have Columbia tix - I think it's going to be an awful show with how many 10c members like myself, are going to be pissed off from the last minute Raleigh cancellation. I am traveling from Denver with my wife... Just in disbelief that this happened. It changes nothing - the concert cancellation will have NO impact what so ever on the NC law...it's not even a headline anywhere but here. The only group of people this impacts is (negatively) it's fans going to Raleigh on their own dime.. if Ted Cruz or Trump wins in November, will the band not play shows in the USA for the next 4 years because of their differences with US policies ?? Shame on you Pearl Jam... You walked away from the concert and left your fans out a lot of $$$, because you didn't get your way ?? Mature. Lost respect for the band forever.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,743
    ehbacon said:

This is a good idea. Maybe amend the poll, OP?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Can't choose because it's option 1 and 2 combined. If I have to choose just 1 it is that I don't think it's going to make much of an impact.
    Can't amend the poll now because it would skew the results
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    This is Bullshit!
    The Oligarchs win.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    I understand the reasoning and admire that they are standing up for what's right. But there was no reason to wait until the last minute. They disrespected the folks that had tickets to this show.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    This is Bullshit!
    Sarava said:

I understand the reasoning and admire that they are standing up for what's right. But there was no reason to wait until the last minute. They disrespected the folks that had tickets to this show.

I think there was probably a reason. A financial one.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 8,639
    when the North Carolina lawmaker called out Bruce Springsteen for cancelling and then in the same breath, praised Justin Beiber and said he might have to go attend his concert, there was no way with as much of a mentor as Bruce has been to Eddie, that he was going to stand idly by while some fat cat lawmaker trashed his good friend publicly, if someone trashed someone that meant a lot to you, what the #### would you do?
  • This is Bullshit!
    I would be pissed if I'd organised to come from Australia to go to the show which I was originally looking at doing. Feel for anyone out of pocket. The anticipation in the days leading up to a show now only to get shut out must burn. That's the reason I call bullshit
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    Where's the option of "I don't care what any musician thinks about anything. I am not a sheep"?
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    It's good that they're bringing attention to the issue so hopefully more important voices follow suit.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    My response from another thread....pasted it into a few now...
    Vedd Hedd said:

I would definitely be upset if a concert i was going to got cancelled, esp if I had a hotel room, flight, etc. I would also be upset if i wasnt afforded the basic freedom to use the restroom that suits my gender.

Its sorta like being white, and being uspet that the bus was cancelled because Rosa Parks wasnt allowed in the front. Yes, you can be upset you didnt get to work that day....but a whole group of people dont have some basic rights. So, in the end, I would understand. Its definitely upsetting when you dont get to see the band you love. But its more upsetting when a huge group of americans are being denied rights.

My suggestion...if you have unrefundable tickets, see if you can transfer them to another state. If not, go on your vacation and enjoy your pto, knowing that you dont have to worry about some of the same problems that trans people have to deal with. And maybe join the fight.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • I completely support the cancellation!

when the North Carolina lawmaker called out Bruce Springsteen for cancelling and then in the same breath, praised Justin Beiber and said he might have to go attend his concert, there was no way with as much of a mentor as Bruce has been to Eddie, that he was going to stand idly by while some fat cat lawmaker trashed his good friend publicly, if someone trashed someone that meant a lot to you, what the #### would you do?

Dude, I thought you were done with this place?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854

If THAT'S the reason they cancelled, then they can go fuck themselves. I mean come on. If they're inspired by Bruce Springsteen to cancel, even if I think it's dumb, well then so be it. But a "fat cat lawmaker trashing someone that meant a lot to you"? Come on Hank......Please
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    Obviously i support the decision the band made.
    Goodness, fun day on the 10C boards.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata