Options

Raleigh Cancelled

2»

Comments

• Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614

When you make a commitment to do something and others are depending on you...then you follow through with your commitment. Period. End of story.

Exactly.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    jessebasi said:

There was a better opportunity here. Put them through real pain. Just play Sirens 36 times.

LOL, damn that was funny
  • Options
    gsamarcogsamarco Raleigh, NC Posts: 15
    I live in Raleigh and pretty flockin' pissed at this, but at the end of the day, I don't blame the band, that law has been stupid from te beginning. Have I mention how pissed I Am though?
    Brasilia, Brazil 11/17/2015
  • Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 189
    Ugh... Siting in the Hampton Coliseum now totally not pumped for tonight. I understand why, but it sucks when the canceled show is the only show on the tour that wasn't going to have a drive involved.
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    Traveling today (not to NC, thankfully,) but tomorrow will probably cancel my fan club membership and ask to be refunded my Wrigley2 GA tix. I'm on their side on the issue, but this is just an inexcusable way to treat their fans. So disappointed.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    MB880 said:

Proud of you pearl jam.

Way to go Pearl Jam!! It's all about LOVE!
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    Okay, so PJ is principled, and cancels a show in a state which passed an act which discriminates against 10% of the population, despite knowing that many fans travel from all over the world to see them, and lost a lot of money. I guess we should be glad they don't cancel every time a state passes an extreme anti-abortion law which forces raped women to give birth to their rapist's child, and discriminates against 51% of the population... Silver lining?
  • Options
    Such absolute Bullshit! Not the stance, but the botched approach. One can't help but feel it took so long to cancel because PJ was scrambling to recover as much $$$ as possible. If they really cared, they'd do it with money, not by completely SCREWING OVER THEIR FANS! Sitting in Hampton trying to feel good about a band I've poured so much into but that has continually showed they don't give a fuck about me...
    Mark-lifer-Prokop
  • Options
    There might be nothing but LOVE in their intentions, but I see precious little of it in their action today.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    hadfiiw said:

Ugh... Siting in the Hampton Coliseum now totally not pumped for tonight. I understand why, but it sucks when the canceled show is the only show on the tour that wasn't going to have a drive involved.

You and me both.....it ruined the show for us!
  • Options

Traveling today (not to NC, thankfully,) but tomorrow will probably cancel my fan club membership and ask to be refunded my Wrigley2 GA tix. I'm on their side on the issue, but this is just an inexcusable way to treat their fans. So disappointed.

Yeah, no kidding. Trying to not let this ruin my night in Hampton, but it has killed the mood since we flew from Seattle for both shows.
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    love the guys, but i feel for the people who had tickets for this show, i almost was gonna try to go to it myself. . .as a few have said, i get their stance but this is not the way they should have handled it
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    badu2fanbadu2fan Posts: 87
    Bands not playing a show hurts theit fan more then the establishment. NC doesn't give a SH@@ about entertainment industry. They will just laugh and say good they didn't play their liberal crap to our citizens.
    I figured PJ would cancel since they are so close to Bruce and he did. When they didn't do it immediately I thought okay PJ will make a statement by playing and putting a message in the show. Knowing that 1/3 of those in attendance have traveled long distance with lots of planning and $$ invested.
    All of these groups are hoping they force change but not sure the fans will say oh I am going to go out and buy tickets for a show that might get canceled.
    I guess all the states with pot prohibition and the people in jail for possession don't deserve the same support by not playing?
    Little Stevie did interview where he feels this law is like the Sun City protest for apartheid so I bet he is working to put pressure on anyone coming to NC>
    As a NC citizen I apologize for the zealous christian right that controls our legislature. I didn't vote them there but I am paying a price for other peoples stupidity.
    As Eddie said in Greenville it is "time to Live in THE PRESENT TENSE!"

Stay Strong and Keep Smiling.

• Options
    RR306084RR306084 Raleigh, NC Posts: 4
    edited April 2016
    Dear Pearl Jam-

It saddens me to learn that you decided to cancel your show in Raleigh. While I can't argue your right to stand up and cancel a show out of protest and disgust for a worthless law, I am a proud citizen of North Carolina who doesn't deserve to be punished for something that me or my fellow North Carolinians had NO control over in the first place. HB2 was passed by despicable legislators with personal agenda and vendetta, but it was NOT us citizens who voted this legislation to law. We had no clue it was even considered to be on the books. Your message is heard loud and clear, but you have a million bucks worth of speakers set up on stage to get across the same message.

Eddie, during the Greenville show, you mentioned something about the willingness to put aside differences and to LOVE one another in peace. Well, I urge you to do the same, and not punish your fans for something we didn't have any control over. The only thing this accomplishes (trust me, law makers are already hearing about their huge mistake from us citizens and all over the world) is that it punishes your loyal fans who only want to listen to your music in peace and harmony. To many, your music and live performances takes away all of the pain and misery of this world, and now you take that away from us in a time where we could all benefit from such.

I hope you'll return to NC in due time.
    Post edited by RR306084 on
  • Options
    skram79skram79 Posts: 19
    I do not understand why they didn't follow Cyndi Lauper's lead and give the proceeds of the show to the LGBT community. It would have been just as large as statement without causing their fans the problem of unrefundable travel.

I love Pearl Jam and have their back, just think this could been handled better than 48 hour notice.
  • Options
    Release us with your breath and screams as we walk with hands bound! We're sad, down, and lost in a big wave of blackness. Please come back and make us feel alive once again! How much difference does it make as we sink ourselves deep into this present state of nothingness? It's an inside job, so why not go on rocking in the free world screaming your lungs out? Future days will make better men, but please don't yield to bushleaguers- tell them to drop the leash and get out of your fucking face!
    I'm still alive!
  • Options
    angryyoungman Medford, NY
    "finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER"
    perfect example where corporate extremes are accepted!!! 20% bounty charged per ticket.

the NC law is not acceptable and needs to change! But the moral high ground in capitalism and democracy is a two way street. It just depends which direction you are headed! Or if your willing to YIELD!!!!!
    It is just hard to understand why they waited until today when their fans travel long distances and need to change cancel plans etc.
    Hell, they could have offered to play in Greenville another night and folks tickets would be honored and let the money go to NC favorite Neighbor... LOL

• Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 693
    The show must go on...use the media to share their disapproval, give all proceeds to support the cause
  • Options
    TremormanTremorman Posts: 381
    They shouldnt have waited so long and given people more of a chance to alter their plans. But glad they are sticking with their principles
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    Quit voting in whack jobs NC
  • Options
    Guess what, Pearl Jam? NC is still getting my money becaue YOU CANCELLED TOO LATE TO GET A REFUND ON THE FUCKING HOTEL ROOM I BOOKED. If you wanted to cancel, you should have done it sooner.

You want to do rignt by the people who support you? Refund our tickets PLUS the related, unrecoverable costs we incurred booking the NC show. North Carolina isn't hurt by your last minute decision-- your fans are. Very inconsiderate and irresponsible of you to wait so long. Let THAT sit on your conscience while I go piss in the opposite gender's bathroom.

• Options
    I get it and I honestly thought Ed's explanation in Hampton made a lot of sense. However, still no excuse for not making the call sooner. Now, refunds for tickets and all cost... Give me a break! That's just anger sans logic speaking there. If you're really that passed, you have the same ability to make a statement by holding on to your money and not buying tickets. My true hope is that many take that path because the lottery is almost impossible to win anymore and I could use the improved odds.
    Mark-lifer-Prokop
  • Options
    The HB2 law that was recently passed is a despicable piece of legislation that encourages discrimination against an entire group of American citizens. The practical implications are expansive and its negative impact upon basic human rights is profound. We want America to be a place where no one can be turned away from a business because of who they love or fired from their job for who they are. I agree totally with this statement

It is for this reason that we must take a stand against prejudice, along with other artists and businesses, and join those in North Carolina who are working to oppose HB2 and repair what is currently unacceptable.

We could say this about so many laws in our country. The right to own a gun, abortion limitations, Flint water crisis, police corruption, the number of people murdered in Chicago, the problems created by pharmaceutical companies, prohibition and all the folks in jail for possession of cannabis. How do you decide what to protest?

I assume the Lobby of LGBT has turned up the pressure on the entertainment industry.

I live in NC, I did not vote for the nutzs who created the law and won't vote for any of them in November. Will Pearl Jam Bruce Ringo and others canceling come back and do a benefit concert to raise funds and awareness to defeat the dumbArses who control NC?

We can't help that the special interest Christian Right controlled by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Pope has taken over the political process. Voting them out will. Bands cancelling is comparable to folks not going out to vote for change.

What we could use are artists that come to NC and voice their concerns and raise awareness to the problems caused by supporting a party that is controlled by zealous Christians. Same problem the Muslim's are dealing with when they let the fanatics control their religion.

I was surprised Pearl Jam didn't cancel immediately after Bruce since they are friends. Knowing that their fans travel and have large expenses to see them. Reading PJ's letter , they considered doing the right thing by playing and educating the public.

Ending the show by saying we won't be back and the check is in the mail for supporting the LGBT cause, would do more good then letting our stupid controlling political party have the last laugh.

The problems in NC run deep and many people have suffered suppression and bigotry Now the liberals won't come to NC and create opposition to our cause!

Remember most of this is created by people with money, who then have the power to control lives of the less fortunate. The less fortunate need to have outlets to share good times with like minded people so we can join together and make change for the good of all!

I am not sure canceling an event planned before a law is passed serves the purpose intended.
    You make the LGBT Lobbying community happy but the sadness of not seeing a show, losing money from traveling, time off work, etc might do more harm then good IMO.

I hope musicians realize it is better for them to play and educate their fans. We deserve more respect then our zealous politicians.

I understand they had to cancel or they would take a lot of heat from other artists who did, but remember the little folks who are pawns in a bigger game, where the rules are set against us.

Like Hillbillary being anointed by the press and democratic party as the only person who can save the free world. Bernie is the only hope to make change a reality. I feel a revolution in the air!

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    bluegreen said:

Let THAT sit on your conscience while I go piss in the opposite gender's bathroom.

Bwahaha! Awesome. Even Ed said it at the Greenville show "why are we arguing over piddly shit like bathrooms." Exactly Ed. Exactly.

My dad taught me that a real man honors his word. Guess I know which bathroom you guys will choose.

At the end of the day, I've lost about $500 in the deal.
  • Options
    JEFF IJEFF I Posts: 50
    Connells.....
    vedderrules