Request Philly 4/29 "DOWN"

Charlie1Charlie1 Posts: 24
edited April 2016 in The Porch
I know this is a long shot.....I don't even know the right place to post this, but I have a request. I have tickets 4/29 in Philly to see a band that has been changing my life since 1992. I'm not going because a have a little problem with lupus which is affecting my skin and "hair"
pretty badly. I know it sounds so crazy because people...especially children fight through things that are so serious with such courage, but
this is just kicking my ass. I thought "if I kept holdin out".... but not happening. If you could play "DOWN" and Eddie Vedder you could swing that hair around I know someone will post it on you tube and I can rock out with everybody else. Believe it or not this is probably one of
the hardest decisions I've made, but I guess I still have 2 weeks. Miracles do happen......you been making them come true for me for almost 24 years..... And yes I'm keeping my tickets because just looking at them makes me happy.
Post edited by Charlie1 on

Comments

• Sorry to hear what you are going thru, pardon my french, but I've met people in the same situation, and it's a nasty shit, hope you keep up the good spirit and get your song in Philly!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,016
    I would recommend updating the thread title. Philly Request - 4/29 - Down

Good luck with your fight!
  • Hope it happens for you
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Charlie1Charlie1 Posts: 24
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for your comments....I don't really know how to post on here to well. But it really means a lot. It always amazes me that Pearl jam fans are just about as great as the band. Thank you
    again for being so nice....Kathy

• pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 Posts: 653
    I support this with all my heart. I have a loved one with the exact same condition. I feel for you so much. Maybe with a little timing, and a little luck, you will make it there. Down is a favorite of mine, I hope they play it!
    Pearlgirl...what a great name and obviously a great person...I wish you the best. Thank you
    Charlie1 said:

Pearlgirl...what a great name and obviously a great person...I wish you the best. Thank you

You too honey! Keep us updated, I'll happily bump this thread in the coming weeks :smile:
    Thank you again Pearlgirl and I will keep your loved one in my prayers!
    Thanks! People don't really talk about that very often, so glad you shared. The world is smaller than you think.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I hope you're thinking of missing the show due to how you feel and not how you look. There are many beautiful people here that are not shallow or judgemental....and we would go out of our way to make you feel accepted in your situation :hug:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    edited April 2016
    Sprunkn7....I would never say that how I look isn't a factor....but lupus causes a lot skin issues that are quite painful and having a flare makes you feel sick. I would never think that people would be judgemental and I know how many beautiful people there are out there....thanks for being one of them.
    The people that I work with go out of there way to make me feel great and on some days I can actually work from home...
  • you won't get your song if you don't attend the show bump

Point taken......thank you Javis
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Please fulfill this request.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Charlie1 said:

Point taken......thank you Javis

Thanks again Javis ....I appreciate it...
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,203
    and to the top!
    SJD3232.....Thanks...makes me really happy!!!

thx...I wish I knew what bump actually did, does it make the request keep showing up.
    Charlie1 said:

thx...I wish I knew what bump actually did, does it make the request keep showing up.

It keeps the thread on page one :smile:
    Oh.....ok Thanks
    edited April 2016
    If hope could grow from dirt like me....It can be done.
    Rise...life is in motion...I'm stuck in line.
    edited April 2016
    I don't know how to bump this can someone do it for me
    please.
    edited April 2016
    Well....I'm on a higher dose of prednisone...got myself a pretty
    nice hair wrap and I'm going.......dream come true...check!!!!
    Dreams like this must....
  • kc007kc007 Posts: 282
    edited April 2016
    I love that song. I hope they play it.
    thanks...me too