Special Edition Of "The Sonics Live At Easy Street" on sale now!

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
edited April 2016 in The Porch
http://easystreetonline.com/NewsItem/6087

We’re super excited about Record Store Day 2016 this Saturday! This year we will be celebrating the exclusive vinyl release of our big RSD 2015 event, The Sonics: Live At Easy Street! This absolutely smokin' slab of garage rock ferocity will be available at all participating Record Store Day stores, but we are the only store in the world that will be carrying the Easy Street Special Edition, a limited run of 500, which will include the following:

* Custom-screened, hand-numbered outer sleeve

* Copy of signed set list

* Ticket for the event

* Download card good for two free bonus songs from the concert not included on the album

* Detailed liner notes by Easy Street president Matt Vaughan (a great read!)

The Sonics’ Record Store Day in-store last year was one of the biggest and most awesome events we’ve ever put on, featuring guests such as Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready, Ben Shepherd (Soundgarden), the Screaming Trees’ Mark Pickerel and Van Conner, Emily Nokes (Tacocat), Chris Ballew (Presidents Of The United States Of America, Caspar Babypants), Matt Lukin (Mudhoney), and many others (including original Sonics bassist Andy Parypa). The album was mixed by legendary NW producer Jack Endino and it sounds absolutely fantastic.

The event was also a benefit to fund the construction of KEXP’s New Home at the Seattle Center, which has its grand opening on Record Store Day as well. Today, KEXP released pro video of the performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFolqS24Y6U
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    @ Easy Street Records

It's a wrapping party for The Sonics ‪#‎LiveAtEasyStreet‬ Special Edition Record Store Day ‪#‎Vinyl‬ ! This version includes some sweet extra goodies (download card for 2 bonus songs, ticket, set list, custom-screened, hand-numbered outer sleeve) and is ONLY available at Easy Street on Record Store Day!

https://goo.gl/TbqTk1
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,036
    Wow Demetrios. Bums to be in AUS sometimes. I will only pay $23,456 on ebay. That's my limit. ;)
  • Can't wait until Saturday

Wish I was there tomorrow to grab myself a copy.
    Anyone able to pick up an extra copy please let us know. Thanks! :)
    500 Special Edition copies available today @ Easy Street Records. If you're in the area totally pick up a copy today. http://easystreetonline.com/NewsItem/6087
    Anyone here score one of these Special Editions today?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I got one today. There were stacks of them at noon today. I'm guessing they'll have plenty online on Monday.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • got one too! very cool!
    they had a ton of them until I saw mine was numbered out of 500. probably gone by end of today.

odd that McCready was left off the recording....
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
    How much were they?
  • $20-$25
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013

$20-$25

Not bad. Now the wait till these go up for sale online.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    any pictures to show the screenprinted sleeve?

jeffbr said:

bazzer said:

demetrios said:

The special Easy Street version will be never on sale online?

It'll be on sale online. Not sure when though.
    Easy Street have their RSD stuff up for sale now. They have The Sonics, but not sure it's the Easy Street version. It doesn't say that explicitly.
    The pic is the standard release. So I took it as just that. Not the limited 500. But who am I to know
    I only saw the exclusive version at Easy Street. I didn't see any standard versions. And that price is what the Easy Street exclusive version was going for. The standard was going for just under $20 at the 2 other record stores I visited on Saturday. Someone might want to call to verify, but I'm guessing this is Easy Street's exclusive version online.
    Thanks for the heads up. They responded to my email just now that the one online is the special edition:

Yes….limit of ONE.
    https://easystreetonline.tuneportals.com/UPC/881626993514/The-Sonics_Live-at-Easy-Street

Thanks.

—a—
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA Posts: 698
    Does the regular edition come with a download?

Does the regular edition come with a download?

Mine didn't, though I got mine signed from Pledgemusic. They sent out a free digital MP3 & Flac download of the album which included 2 bonus tracks not on the vinyl pressing.
    Shipping confirmation on the Special Edition from Easy Street.
    Sweet! :)
  • demetrios said:

Shipping confirmation on the Special Edition from Easy Street.
    Sweet! :)

Got mine yesterday too! :)
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
    @ The Sonics

The Sonics regret to inform our fans that The Underground Garage tour is cancelled.
    We very much were looking forward to spending a month on the road with our brothers in Barrence Whitfield & the Savages and the Woogles but unfortunately this will not be able to happen next month .

We greatly appreciate the continued support and encouragement and will do everything in our power to reschedule performing in your city again soon. Thanks for your understanding and trust that this was due to circumstances beyond our control,
    Thanks Easy Street Records! :)

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    demetrios said:

@ The Sonics

The Sonics regret to inform our fans that The Underground Garage tour is cancelled.
    We very much were looking forward to spending a month on the road with our brothers in Barrence Whitfield & the Savages and the Woogles but unfortunately this will not be able to happen next month .

We greatly appreciate the continued support and encouragement and will do everything in our power to reschedule performing in your city again soon. Thanks for your understanding and trust that this was due to circumstances beyond our control,

That sucks...I bought my vinyl from them to support the tour. :disappointed:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited August 2016
    I'm late to the party on this but finally got to opening the LP copy of this I got at RSD in April & see there isn't a download code. Can anyone help with who I'd be best to contact about this to get one? I can send a pic of the album of course to confirm I do actually have it(it's sitting on my lap right now. My husband works at a record store so no illegal downloads anywhere near us).
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011