Alive in Philly 4/28

Longtime PJ fan here, but I've been away from the Porch and the 10 Club for awhile (What can I say? Life gets busy). I never miss Pearl Jam when they come to my hometown, but this year they are skipping us (Pittsburgh). My cousins, sister, our spouses, and I are coming to Philadelphia for the 4/28 show and we are celebrating a big milestone--the seventh anniversary of my cousin's sobriety. Seven years ago during his senior year of college, he hit rock bottom when he was busted in a heroine-selling sting. He went to jail for a bit, but was lucky enough to get out and get sober. He's now a college graduate, has an awesome job, a beautiful wife, and he uses his spare time to help others get sober and turn their lives around.

As he was re-connecting with our family after getting sober, he and I bonded over his newfound love of Pearl Jam--he found great hope and solace in their music and I took him to the Cleveland show in 2010.

"Alive" would be especially appropriate for him that night. He is, sadly, one of few kids from his hometown who is still alive (and thriving) after battling heroine addiction.
96 - Randall's Island, NY (9/28)
98 - Pittsburgh
00 - Pittsburgh (front row, thanks to 10C!)
05 - Pittsburgh (PNC Park with the Rolling Stones)
06 - Cleveland & Pittsburgh
10 - Cleveland
13 - Pittsburgh
16 - Philadelphia (4/28)