Options

Periscope

2»

Comments

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    I'd rather pay a small fee and have the band provide a clean, crisp live steam
    It depends where your filming and who your standing in front of. If you dont ask who you are gonna be standing in front of if its cool you do it,your just being a dick. Having it a distraction from people standing around you plays into it too.
  • Options
    It has no effect either way
    I knew someone would bring up the fact that it is stealing from the band. I disagree. For example, I can't make the Tampa show so PJ would get $0 from me. I watch periscope. PJ gets $0 from me. If the band offered an alternative to watch live then yes periscope is stealing but they don't so i do what I have to in order to watch the best band on earth play live
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Yeah, I agree with that. If people were somehow charging for their periscope feed.... if PJ offered their own feed.... if people were watching periscope as opposed to the live experience.... If PJ stated they didnt want this to be done.. then it would be stealing... This is not.
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    KC138045 said:

CapnBob said:

KC138045 said:

CapnBob said:

In Tampa the girl next to me had her phone up a lot and at one point I wondered if my singing was reaching her video (or whatever she was doing) then I decided I didn't care that much - sorry.
    Respect those around you is key.

I had fun last night watching....(OH except for all the "ITD") Lars!! am extra sleepy at work today but would love to pay a small fee for a live stream of the shows I can't make.

yes - all the ITD stuff, the questions of who opened?, what song is this? who has the set list?, etc.. that gets old but I have to say that I have enjoyed watching the concerts and very much appreciate the ones who scope, because I won't be come Saturday.. guess i can then come back and vote too ...
    ^this is exactly why i hide the comments
    Right on... I'm a noob to scope so I had no idea ... Won't be able to take advantage of it until Hampton cause I will be AIB for Greenville.... (Ass in building)
    I'm new to this too and I will be deleting the app once the tour is over. I'll have no need for it then. There are some fucked up people on Periscope and even more fucked up people who watch their feeds. Yikes!!!
    You sir, are correct ... clicking on different red dots trying to figure out which one was the arena and i was like holy fuck... what happened to the good old days when a selfie was something you did when the wife wouldn't put out ... LOL
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    AmyDeeAmyDee Alexandria, VA Posts: 24
    I enjoy the comments - makes it feel more like a social event. The husband is asleep, the dogs are asleep. But I am not alone, staring at my phone. Unknown, like-minded fans are keeping me company.

I may find myself getting annoyed if I end up behind someone who is blocking my view by scoping in Hampton or New Orleans. I will try to remember to remind myself that not everyone is lucky enough to be at the show and not begrudge them from seeing it.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    It got really annoying on the floor for Miami. Miami's floor was a clusterfuck anyway. People were sneaking in left and right - the security for Miami were idiots. Phones up the entire time. Instead of the GA floor being half full, it was 100% full. Jax did it right. I counted three people who checked my band every time I entered.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited April 2016
    demetrios said:

I think it's cool & a big thanks to all who have been live streaming the shows to Periscope.

Was hoping some would just use http://mixlr.com/ where they don't need to hold their smartphone all day in the air. Can just place their smartphone in front pocket & record.

If only Nugs or SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio could broadcast LIVE their sets ...

I'm with you on this. All I need is the sound. I don't care for the images. During the South America tour there was one mixlr and that was perfect!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    Longueuil said:

demetrios said:

I think it's cool & a big thanks to all who have been live streaming the shows to Periscope.

Was hoping some would just use http://mixlr.com/ where they don't need to hold their smartphone all day in the air. Can just place their smartphone in front pocket & record.

If only Nugs or SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio could broadcast LIVE their sets ...

I'm with you on this. All I need is the sound. I don't care for the images. During the South America tour there was one mixlr and that was perfect!
    Images is cool too but a live stream of audio that won't drain your smartphone's battery & won't ruin the view of folks behind you would be a great way to share the experience to the world via live audio stream. If SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio can't stream a single live Pearl Jam live event, how about listening to live Pearl Jam concert via mixlr from fans for fans?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,968
    It's cool, but I'd be raging hell if someone in front of me was "scoping" the whole show
    watching/listening to it now, i'm kinda indifferent about it. Cool since people that can't be there can watch it anywhere. Kinda annoying if you are at the show and the person right near you does it. :confounded:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    edited April 2016
    It is stealing from the band
    Want to be rid of that annoying person holding the phone the whole show ? START MOSHING like its 1992 ! See ya' all Monday night in Hampton on the floor.
    Post edited by ryph raph on
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    going to be incredibly difficult to watch periscope tonight after being in the crowd Saturday night in Greenville... but I know i will be watching...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I appreciate the fans who put in the effort to Periscope the show. It is amazing! How many of us wished that Pearl Jam live streamed or did a pay-per-view concert option years ago?

What did happen years ago was the official bootleg series. One of the reasons (if I remember correctly) was that the unofficial bootlegs weren't good enough so Pearl Jam and Ten Club created this option. With that in mind, I'm hopeful that a PJ sanctioned Periscope-y experience will exist.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    I watched a good few of these through periscope. But I'm not going to anymore - the shows I'm going to are coming up and I want it to be a fresh experience. Using periscope (especially from someone like that Lars dude at Greenville who is an absolute beauty btw) makes me feel like I'm there and I'm worried that might oversaturate the experience for me and make my shows a little less exciting.
  • Options

I watched a good few of these through periscope. But I'm not going to anymore - the shows I'm going to are coming up and I want it to be a fresh experience. Using periscope (especially from someone like that Lars dude at Greenville who is an absolute beauty btw) makes me feel like I'm there and I'm worried that might oversaturate the experience for me and make my shows a little less exciting.

just a take on my own experience - i watched all of the Florida shows and it didnt even come close to oversaturating the Greenville show... as I posted earlier, I am on the opposite end of the spectrum than you are....after being at a live show it makes it harder to watch on periscope..
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,736
    It's cool, but I'd be raging hell if someone in front of me was "scoping" the whole show
    I love this exchange from a 60 Minutes interview...

Steve Kroft: How have audiences changed since you first performed The Wall back in 1980?

Roger Waters: I'll tell you how they've changed: they've all got fucking cell-phones! "Oh I love this song! I love it so much that I have to send it to Pedro!"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com