Expectations, requests, hopes for The Mothership (Hampton) Show

I used to play it cool whenever someone asked me what song I wanted to hear at an upcoming Pearl Jam show. I had an answer. But somewhere along the way -- maybe it was the Spectrum shows or PJ20 at Alpine Valley or the first Wrigley show -- I lost the ability to narrow my choice down to one song.

"What song do you want to hear?"
Me: "All of them!"

The drum fill in "MITS," the tones of Mike's beat-up strat on "NAIS," the ability to sing along with everyone to "In Hiding," or maybe a real rarity, "I Need Something Different," just to hear Stone sing "I gotta groove gotta shake my ass, yeah." ... Garden ... Undone ... Down ... Oceans.

See I'm no good at this. What are your expectations?
"I'm not the paper, I'm more like the fold ..."

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    15 min tube...wait, wrong band.

I won't be there but that building deserves a long jammed out porch or rvm.
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    I expected a slow long show honestly. Crown of thorns maybe. Hard to Imagine. A Release opener. Songs like that.
    The way the tour has started tho they might just blow the roof off the place!
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Going to be real hard to meet expectations...if it does, holy chit!!! I want to hear leash but honestly anything will do. Everybody knocks YL..I would love to get that as the closer for my 2nd PJ show ever...Lights up and Mike killing it..Monday cant get here soon enough.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I have seen it a few times already, but would love to hear immortality. Great song
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Going to be real hard to meet expectations...if it does, holy chit!!! I want to hear leash but honestly anything will do. Everybody knocks YL..I would love to get that as the closer for my 2nd PJ show ever...Lights up and Mike killing it..Monday cant get here soon enough.

AGREED! Yellow Ledbetter to close the show.
    "Music for me is one of the more healing art forms. I think anybody can put on a pair of headphones and put in a disk or play a record and have it change them." - Jeff

Viva la vinyl.

PJ - 10/4/96, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 10/31/09, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/29/13, 10/30/13

Ed Solo - 7/8/11 (shook Eddie's hand!)
  • OCEANS!!!

If I get that nothing else matters, but would love this to be the show that everyone wishes they were at and I really do believe it has that potential for the following reasons that have already been mentioned plenty of times but bear repeating.

1. No show the day before and no show the day after (I know this happene several times on the tour but it's just one component).
    2. Smallest venue on the tour I believe.
    3. It's a music venue through and through. No sponsorship or luxury boxes.
    4. It was the first non-MSG/Philly/Wrigley/Fenway show to sell out. Even if it's due to the size, the fans there are going to BRING IT.
    5. The ridiculous history of the venue. The guys will be well aware of this I guarantee it.
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    Get Right, Ghost, Rats, Of the Girl, My Father's Son and Don't Gimme No Lip. Please.
  • BL176748BL176748 Posts: 57
    rvapete said:

Get Right, Ghost, Rats, Of the Girl, My Father's Son and Don't Gimme No Lip. Please.

Don't Gimmie No Lip would be epic...
  • Glad to see the expectations are high for this show. Drove by the venue for the first time in the late 1990s and was like, "What the hell is that building?!? I've gotta see something there!" It took me almost 20 years, but, hey, I was waiting for Pearl Jam. Definitely Stone's fault.
    "I'm not the paper, I'm more like the fold ..."
  • CapnBobCapnBob Posts: 369

Glad to see the expectations are high for this show. Drove by the venue for the first time in the late 1990s and was like, "What the hell is that building?!? I've gotta see something there!" It took me almost 20 years, but, hey, I was waiting for Pearl Jam. Definitely Stone's fault.

I did see somewhere that Stone finally said, ok fuck it, I'm in - let's rock that bitch! Lol
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I hope it's very weird, in the best possible way
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    edited April 2016
    Greenville has been good...but Im glad to see a bunch of those played tonight to make room for Monday...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• OCEANS!!!

If I get that nothing else matters, but would love this to be the show that everyone wishes they were at and I really do believe it has that potential for the following reasons that have already been mentioned plenty of times but bear repeating.

1. No show the day before and no show the day after (I know this happene several times on the tour but it's just one component).
    2. Smallest venue on the tour I believe.
    3. It's a music venue through and through. No sponsorship or luxury boxes.
    4. It was the first non-MSG/Philly/Wrigley/Fenway show to sell out. Even if it's due to the size, the fans there are going to BRING IT.
    5. The ridiculous history of the venue. The guys will be well aware of this I guarantee it.

What is the ridiculous history of the venue? I'm curious and not from US

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...