Not dropping keys...good sign

Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but just listening to some of the first couple of shows...a lot of songs that they've dropped down a half step the past few years for Ed's voice, they're playing true to the recording and how they have in the past. A good sign.

Comments

• Sirens has been a disaster though. The South American shows sounded like they played with several keys.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I have yet to hear a live version of it that I actually like...doesn't translate well, they can't capture the totality of that studio sound of that song live. It was recorded in the completely wrong key for Ed's voice at this stage of his career.
  • Yeah, but tends to come together a bit during the singalong outtro. Unless he starts getting a bit wild with the upper range 'scatting'.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but just listening to some of the first couple of shows...a lot of songs that they've dropped down a half step the past few years for Ed's voice, they're playing true to the recording and how they have in the past. A good sign.

No way! That's awesome as long as he sounds good. Off hand I can think of these that were dropped: Getaway, Once, Got Some, Force of Nature, Life Wasted, Comatose, Marker in the Sand (not that those last two hardly ever get played, Comatose a couple nights ago)... maybe Blood and Evolution (at times)?

I never knew Sirens was dropped down. I agree it never really sounds great.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but just listening to some of the first couple of shows...a lot of songs that they've dropped down a half step the past few years for Ed's voice, they're playing true to the recording and how they have in the past. A good sign.

No way! That's awesome as long as he sounds good. Off hand I can think of these that were dropped: Getaway, Once, Got Some, Force of Nature, Life Wasted, Comatose, Marker in the Sand (not that those last two hardly ever get played, Comatose a couple nights ago)... maybe Blood and Evolution (at times)?

I never knew Sirens was dropped down. I agree it never really sounds great.
    Sirens wasn't. They certainly tried the other night...no bueno.

All I'm saying is, considering that was done a lot, the fact that they're at least starting the tour this way is a positive sign.