Hey guys don't punish us

JUKINJUKIN Posts: 102
North Carolina has got some major issues, yes and we are paying a price for them, so I am asking for help, don't cancel the show in Raleigh.
jukin

Comments

• I really hope they choose to express their opinion by playing the show rather than cancelling it. I'm a Bruce fan and obviously a major PJ fan. The way Bruce handled this is unreal to me. It's completely disrespectful of the people who made him who he is. None of the hardworking folks who planned to attend that show have anything to do with this issue. Don't penalize them. As a performer, you have an avenue to express your opinion on a political and real world situation and that avenue is the stage you perform on. Use it if you wish.

I'm not educated enough on this issue to speak in too much detail, but my basic understanding is that there are many states that have similar type laws that at face value seem discriminating but actually have a real purpose that has nothing to do with discrimination, but rather protection of the residents of that state. The only state Bruce boycotted is North Carolina. Seems to me he is seeking attention, rather than true cause. Sad.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,817
    If you don't want anything like that to happen in the future. Vote those guys out.
    I miss igotid88
  • JUKINJUKIN Posts: 102
    well said
    jukin
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    igotid88 said:

If you don't want anything like that to happen in the future. Vote those guys out.

if i have anything to say about it.... it is gonna happen

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    igotid88 said:

This is a valid statement. Time to put human rights above all else. The Republican Party has moved so far away from me..... Even though I can't stand the Democratic Party fiscal policies and blame game, I won't vote for another republican that just has hurtful policies. Then again I haven't for a long time now, but I'm definitely not going back.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    If you think this is about the fans, or that Bruce or anyone else is being selfish, you need to educate yourself and vote.
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    When I read the topic title I thought the thread was going to be about "Sirens".
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    kramer73 said:

If you think this is about the fans, or that Bruce or anyone else is being selfish, you need to educate yourself and vote.

Ummmm, it does have something to do with the fans. To ignore that part is not a good idea. They are the customer that wants the band to play, some of them are the LBGT community that the band would be sticking up for. It is certainly about the fans. And it's the fans that it's trying to shake up to make a change in their state. Because if the fans don't care, then the businesses don't care, and if the businesses don't care, then the government won't care.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    edited April 2016
    I don't think the show will be cancelled ..
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I hope they do make a comment on it s
    In the near term.
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    edited April 2016
    deleted
    Post edited by RE4790 on
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    There is a thread about this already. No reason to have multiple threads about this.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/252325/springsteen-cancels-nc-show-pj-should-too/p1
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    I love self-elected mods
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I love self-elected mods

Hahahahahahahahahaha
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • hsohi said:

When I read the topic title I thought the thread was going to be about "Sirens".

:rofl:

kramer73 said:

Ummmm, it does have something to do with the fans. To ignore that part is not a good idea. They are the customer that wants the band to play, some of them are the LBGT community that the band would be sticking up for. It is certainly about the fans. And it's the fans that it's trying to shake up to make a change in their state. Because if the fans don't care, then the businesses don't care, and if the businesses don't care, then the government won't care.
    Do you seriously believe that Bruce Springsteen is ignoring the fans?
  • kramer73 said:

kramer73 said:

By cancelling a show 2 days prior I sure don't think he had his fans best interest in mind
    2016 Columbia, SC
    kramer73 said:

kramer73 said:

I didn't say that. I personally think he made a poor decision, but it was his to make. But this is certainly about the fans. Bruce was willing to leave his fans in Greensboro hanging in order to make a point for the LGBT community. He is using his cancellation to have a monetary impact but also to piss off fans of his music to take action in NC regarding the law. How he did it, when he did it is really shitty in my opinion though for his fans.
    hippiemom = goodness

kramer73 said:

kramer73 said:

By cancelling a show 2 days prior I sure don't think he had his fans best interest in mind
    This is his choice. Don't think that he isn't losing anything by making this choice.
  • NSLNSL Posts: 293
    kramer73 said:

kramer73 said:

kramer73 said:

This is his choice. Don't think that he isn't losing anything by making this choice.
    The venue workers, labor crews and all other local personnel are out of a day of work because of that.
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    2024-08-26 - Noblesville, IN
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    hsohi said:

Hilarious. Thank you for that.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    NSL said:

kramer73 said:

kramer73 said:

kramer73 said:

The venue workers, labor crews and all other local personnel are out of a day of work because of that.
    They will survive. And I don't say that flippantly. It's one day. This cause is bigger than one day's pay.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    you gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything
    I've seen the Rolling Stones
    Forgot about Johnny Rotten
    Saw the Who back in '69
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    to me its almost like the apartheid era. if all bands stopped playing there that would get the message across very effectively.