North Carolina Show

I'm a resident here in NC and am very worried that Pearl Jam is going to follow in the footsteps of other artists, such as Springsteen, and cancel their show. If there are any other NC residents on here, I hope that you guys continue to show your love and support for the group in hopes that we can keep them from cancelling. There are many new political issues that have caused great artists to decline performing here in NC and it's devastating to their loyal fans. PLEASE DON'T CANCEL.

Comments

• I've got GA Ten Club tickets to the Raleigh show and would be super disappointed if they cancel, but if it in any way helps get this ridiculous law repealed, then it will be completely worth it.
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    I feel for all the people with NC tix. I know if they cancel that it's really going to hurt. Now with the ridiculous laws being debated here in Tennessee I'm wondering if Bonnaroo is in danger as well. These asshole state legislators need to be ousted. If shows get cancelled I know people will be angry. PLEASE don't direct your anger towards the lgbtq community. We have suffered enough. Point it toward the voting booths.
  • TheiaTheia Posts: 145
    edited April 2016
    hjc2588 said:

I'm a resident here in NC and am very worried that Pearl Jam is going to follow in the footsteps of other artists, such as Springsteen, and cancel their show. If there are any other NC residents on here, I hope that you guys continue to show your love and support for the group in hopes that we can keep them from cancelling. There are many new political issues that have caused great artists to decline performing here in NC and it's devastating to their loyal fans. PLEASE DON'T CANCEL.

Like I said in another thread, they haven't played Raleigh in 13 years and possibly won't for another 13!
    Except for the Music Midtown Festival in Atlanta a couple years ago, I don't travel to shows like some other fans do. I'm soooo looking forward to this show.
    I hope they don't cancel.
    I wish there was another way for us all to take a stand against inequality.
  • Im a lesbian living here in NC. I am so sick & tired of this discrimination! I am not a threat, my sexuality is not my idenitity. I waited 22 years of my life to score general standing tickets to Pearl Jam. I found out at work and I literally cried with happiness. Its been the #1 thing on my bucket list for 22 years and its finally going to happen.

So now because of HB2, what was supposed to be the best day of my life might not happen. I will always support PJ, and if they choose to cancel on behalf of my community, then thats awesome. It will be definately be the worst day ever but I'll live. Theres always next time I guess!
  • TheiaTheia Posts: 145

Im a lesbian living here in NC. I am so sick & tired of this discrimination! I am not a threat, my sexuality is not my idenitity. I waited 22 years of my life to score general standing tickets to Pearl Jam. I found out at work and I literally cried with happiness. Its been the #1 thing on my bucket list for 22 years and its finally going to happen.

So now because of HB2, what was supposed to be the best day of my life might not happen. I will always support PJ, and if they choose to cancel on behalf of my community, then thats awesome. It will be definately be the worst day ever but I'll live. Theres always next time I guess!

Yes, but will there be a next time.
    I agree with you about supporting the bands decision, whatever that will be.
    But 4/20 will be a sad day for me also, if they don't play.
  • CapnBobCapnBob Posts: 369
    Sadly you just can't fix dumb and that is what most of these elected officials are... How in the hell can you legalize descrimination? I just don't get it... Apparently only the NFL is the only entity that can change this, AZ & GA, cause they can't lose hosting a super bowl ... Too bad CLT isn't on the books for hosting one (sarcastic)... Unreal
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    CapnBob said:

Sadly you just can't fix dumb and that is what most of these elected officials are... How in the hell can you legalize descrimination? I just don't get it... Apparently only the NFL is the only entity that can change this, AZ & GA, cause they can't lose hosting a super bowl ... Too bad CLT isn't on the books for hosting one (sarcastic)... Unreal

So the Panthers are leaving?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Vote early vote often !!!
  • ComeToTX said:

CapnBob said:

So the Panthers are leaving?
    here's to hoping...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • pierj53pierj53 Posts: 301
    Again, as an NC resident if I voted or hell even if I didn't vote but my peers did, in passing this discriminatory law, I could understand cancelling. But this did not come from the people, so don't punish them! Sure the appointed asshats were elected by the people, but to say voters could of had the foresight to see this coming would be very naive.