Tribute Song

boomhauerboomhauer Posts: 88
edited April 2016 in The Porch
My step-son (though that's not how I treat him or his sister) was killed along with his roommate in a car accident just under a month ago (early AM of 3/12), and as a way to help the healing process, I'll be attending 3 of 4 of the FL shows (have other plans for 4/9). Because our boy wouldn't want us to stop our lives to mourn him, but rather live life like he did... balls to the wall. I'm going to keep my original plans and go to these shows. I finally scored GA's for the Lauderdale & Jax show and now its a bitter sweet situation...

I've been trying to come up some way to get the bands attention (sign, etc) so that hopefully the play a song that I thought would be a fitting tribute to my boy. He was all of 24, so Dylan's Forever Young is the obvious pick, but kinda lame/too obvious/not really fitting. He was about as patriotic as they came, loved our country and was serving it as a member of the USCG, and was taken from us way too early. To be blunt he didn't really agree with the political views of the band (nor do I really, but they're entitled to their opinion, as am I, just don't force yours on me, just because Ed thinks one way doesn't mean we all have to think alike -- end of rant). So that being said, I was thinking it'd be somewhat cool to drag up the cover I Am a Patriot (since it's an election year, it would apply as well). Which would be more fitting of my boy. Now the question is... is there someone out there with an inside track to the band that could plant that seed so they could blow the dust off that cover and play it in FTL, Tampa or Jax (his mom will probably be with me for 4/11 & possibly 4/13 shows).

Just to get an idea of how much of a "Florida Boy" my son was, here's a clip of him when he joined the Python Challenge and managed to get on Fox News back in January. He's the one talking beginning at the 2:49 mark in the video.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/01/18/florida-declares-open-season-on-pythons-in-annual-challenge.html

Any input on ways to help a guy out would be much appreciated.
9/22-23/1998 8/9-10,12/2000 4/11-13/2003 10/8/2004 6/11-12,28,30/2008 8/12/2009 9/3-4/2011 10/11-12/2013

if [ "Eli was in the grasP in '08" = "true" ]; then
Brady Fumbled in '01
fi
Post edited by boomhauer on