How does one get rid of tickets obtained via the fan club lottery?

I have two GA tix for Ottawa via the fan club lottery and suddenly have mama guilt about not being with my daughter on mothers day and at a PJ concert instead. I have had contact from a few people interested in my tix, but I don't see in the rules how I can give the tix to them instead: don't I have to be there to pick up the tickets and then sell them for face value to the folks that want them? I live 8hrs away, that will really suck, and doesn't fix the mother's day problemo. Anyone know the answer to how I can give up both tix? Or... Has anyone seen an 8yr old in the pit before? Lol (Problem is I wanted to arrive crazy early and get the rail, but she won't last 12hrs standing in one spot, obviously!)

Comments

• wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    You would have to pick them up at the arena and then hand them to whoever you're selling them to. If you can't make it you can notify 10c that you want to donate them but you won't get a refund.
    NYPJ
  • robbierobbie Posts: 883
    Take your kid. You cannot transfer tickets, and the GA pit is just people singing, dancing, and having a good time. It isn't a Slayer concert.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    edited April 2016
    You should just find a way to go! ;)
    (FWIW, if my mom told me she was going to an awesome concert on Mother's Day I would think that makes perfect sense and would be glad she was doing something she found fun. You're the mother, so it's your day. If it was Daughter's Day, I would more see your point, lol).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Take your daughter, trade the tix for reserved seats or hang at the back of the pit where it will surely be safe and chill.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    You can't transfer tix, so just go. No point in going for the rail. As you said already, going to the concert is for YOU, bring your little girl and spend the day doing sight seeing and kids stuff for HER. Arrive at the show at 730 and chill in the back of the pit(which is approx 15th to 20th row floor, seats we'd all kill for) and enjoy the show together, making it easier on you both. I'd also say to get her out of there by the 2nd to last encore song or at the start of the last song for ease of getting out of the venue. By then she'll be exhausted and while it's nice to say goodbye and thanks to the band at the end, you're better off sacrificing 5-10 mins of (very common) pj for the ease of getting your 8 year old home, not stuck in a cattle heard of nice, but probably drunk, people. 5 minutes less of music can save you 30 or more minutes getting home in that regard.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Celebrate Mother's Day a day or two before hand with your 8 year old. Go to the show and have a grand ol time.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    The only reasonable thing to do is drive the 8 hours with your daughter, immediately sell the tickets to a stranger in the 10 club, for face value, use that money for 1/4 of the gas cost for the trip and the immediately make your daughter stay in that car for another 8 hours. That will be a very memorable Mother's Day.

ORRRRRR

you could just eat the money you already spent and stay home
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    edited April 2016
    Wma31394 said:

Celebrate Mother's Day a day or two before hand with your 8 year old. Go to the show and have a grand ol time.

Good idea.
    I think 8 is too young for the pit (or really for the show, period, because they usually run over 3 hours and until around midnight. Couple that with standing in the pit for 4 hours, and that could just be too much for her. Plus, she's too short to even see anything from the pit... if you really do want to take her, i suggest trading with someone for seats). So just do something with her the day before or the when you get back. It's not the actual date on the calendar that's important, it's the meaning behind it. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • realbarabbarealbarabba Posts: 65
    edited April 2016

I have two GA tix for Ottawa via the fan club lottery and suddenly have mama guilt about not being with my daughter on mothers day and at a PJ concert instead. I have had contact from a few people interested in my tix, but I don't see in the rules how I can give the tix to them instead: don't I have to be there to pick up the tickets and then sell them for face value to the folks that want them? I live 8hrs away, that will really suck, and doesn't fix the mother's day problemo. Anyone know the answer to how I can give up both tix? Or... Has anyone seen an 8yr old in the pit before? Lol (Problem is I wanted to arrive crazy early and get the rail, but she won't last 12hrs standing in one spot, obviously!)

pm sent
    Post edited by realbarabba on