Has anyone been disapointed with their "White Whale Song"?

KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
We all have that one song but for anyone that finally after years of waiting got their white whale at a show been disappointed or under whelmed? For me mine is No Way and I wonder if I've built the song up so high that it won't live up to my expectations. What if the sound sucks or Ed forgets the lyrics or something like that.
Columbus-2000
Columbus-2003
Cincinnati-2006
Columbus-2010
Wrigley-2013
Cincinnati-2014
Lexington-2016
Wrigley 1 & 2-2018

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    KC138045 said:

We all have that one song but for anyone that finally after years of waiting got their white whale at a show been disappointed or under whelmed? For me mine is No Way and I wonder if I've built the song up so high that it won't live up to my expectations. What if the sound sucks or Ed forgets the lyrics or something like that.

No Way is a good whale, I would love to hear that one.
    I have only been going to shows since '10 so I don't yet feel entitled to a white whale.
    In Vienna they played Let Me Sleep for the 3rd? time ever I think. We were jacked both knowing how rare and beautiful that song is, but then we were underwhelmed. It seemed as though Jeff and Mike could not get on the same beat for most of the song, my wife and I both heard it from about 5 rows Mike's side GA. It sounds fine on the boot, so I don't know if it was fixed or if we were inside some sort of sonic vortex...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,016
    Mine was ATY. I heard it at Milwaukee where they played all of Yield in order. The anticipation was killing me.
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    edited April 2016
    I got 2 of my 3 white whales in Phoenix 2013 and they were both perfection. Hard To Imagine and Around The Bend. Then in Denver 2014 I finally got Sleight Of Hand. Now I'm chasing Thumbing My Way and I Am Mine but since they are gonna play Riot Act in its entirety in Jacksonville I will get them both. :-)
  • I was underwhelmed she I heard footsteps a few years ago. Had heard it live on some boots and sounded great but then in Sydney 2014 they played it and it sounded a little off. The Chloe dancer intro but was awesome on the night