Options

Parachutes have opened now

First, let me just say how much I love this song. Love it enough to say it's in my top 5 overall PJ songs. I honestly think that in terms of creativity and diversity, Avocado was the band's last hurrah, and this track is a shining example of that.

Anyway, just wondering what you all make of these lines:

I would've fallen from the sky
Til you
Parachutes have opened now

Been thinking of them for a while, and can't quite grasp why Ed would sing "til" instead of "to", or how the "parachutes" metaphor works in the overall context of the song. Any thoughts?
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Calling lolobugg . . .
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited March 2016
    the person is saved by love... the love is the parachute. i would have fallen from the sky until (i found) you, parachutes have opened now. (he/she is landing safely now)
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557

i would have fallen from the sky until (i found) you

Thank you so much. That was the angle I was missing. Ties everything together and makes absolute sense to me now!

Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus