...Know a Man

BP87683BP87683 Posts: 6
edited March 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
I've lived in this great state for many years, focusing mostly on the growth of the NW corner, but have seen a lot of its reality in other corners. We have poverty and education issues, homelessness and childhood hunger. We've progressed and grown quite a bit, but in some ways the opposite has occurred...Here's a great piece in the Arkansas Times...take a look...
http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/the-ballad-of-fred-and-yoko/Content?oid=4345986
Post edited by BP87683 on

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    A very well written story, although sad. I work a lot with older adults and I'm often amazed at some of things they've experienced in their lives. People ignore them for the most part and if they speak of their pasts, it's assumed that they're just going on about the good old days. I can imagine it would be even worse for the homeless.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    My mother tells me nightmare stories about the "good old days". She spent a large chunk of her childhood in Prince Rupert, BC in the 50s, and holy fucking shit, the stuff that went on back then would send the people of today straight into therapy. Good old days my ass!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata