Dwayne Wade challenges PJ to a pick up game

pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,845
9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024

Comments

• green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    "What's up, Eddie..." :smile:

Guess he's a fan:
    http://www.nba.com/heat/news/wade-proclaims-pearl-jam-day
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Awesome, would love to see footage if they play. Boom probably makes the dirtiest outlet passes
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Maybe I will be hanging with D Wade in Mia GA
  • Jeff won't take shit from anyone. including D-dub! would be cool.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • TL170678TL170678 Posts: 422
    edited March 2016
    Eddie`s and Jeff`s knees are shot, so they have something in common with DWade usually
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    I'm all for PJ getting promotion, but I don't get this whole Miami business. Didn't D Wade already proclaim the show date to be "PEARL JAM DAY" in Miami? Now he's publicly inviting them to shoot hoops?
    I'm not trying to knock him... Maybe he's a big fan. Maybe this has something to do with a charity or business venture. Maybe the Heat do this for all major acts rolling through their building. Maybe he's friends with the band. Maybe it's fatal attraction. I don't know.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Never could stand Wade, all the way back to his days at Marquette. Buuuuut... If he's a PJ fan I guess he's got a little bit of OK in him.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    epic!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    "come by and play" isn't a challenge? the media is such a farce

guess they're desperate to sell those shitty upper level behind the stage seats

wade isn't a fan ... he's just part of the machine
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,596
    http://www.wsvn.com/story/31601314/miami-heat-challenges-pearl-jam

MIAMI (WSVN) -- Next week, Pearl Jam will be performing on the home court of the Miami Heat: the American Airlines Arena, but the Heat won't be sharing their grounds without a little friendly competition.

On April 9, Pearl Jam will be at the American Airlines Arena in Downtown Miami as part of their 2016 world tour. When the Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade heard the news, he took to Facebook to propose a challenge.

In the video posted on the Heat's official Facebook page, Wade offered Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, and the rest of the band, the keys to the arena. He said, "It's gonna be a battle to see who can go harder in the paint. Your Miami Heat have issued the band Pearl Jam a challenge."

However, the offer comes with a bet. Vedder and the band will have to dribble through Dwayne Wade on the court before they can take the stage. While the clip may look innocent enough, it showed Wade knocking down a game-winning buzzer-beater against Vedder's darling Chicago Bulls.

And if you want to get in on the action, tickets to the concert are still available. The epic showdown takes place next Saturday at 8 p.m.
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Ive got a basketball and a spare key, maybe i should try getting them to come to my place...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I think its awesome. Jeff is too funny, are they still a team? :)
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I can see Dwayne Wade posterizing Stone.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    Given the aches and pains of Father Time, a game of HORSE seems more appropriate
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    5 against 1?
    I'm willing to bet Wade would win in a 5 vs. 1 game. But to make it even Wade should be blindfolded and one arm tied behind his back.
  • That video they posted on Twitter just skyrocketed to the top of most awkward pearl jam moments in history.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Watch Ed blow out his knee and 2016 tour will be shot. I could really care less about this.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • That video they posted on Twitter just skyrocketed to the top of most awkward pearl jam moments in history.

Ha! Ed tried to make it look good but it was strange.......
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste

That video they posted on Twitter just skyrocketed to the top of most awkward pearl jam moments in history.

Will it be enough to win them the Shorty Award on April 11th? http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249089/pearl-jam-is-up-for-a-shorty-award-on-april-11th#latest
  • demetrios said:

That video they posted on Twitter just skyrocketed to the top of most awkward pearl jam moments in history.

Will it be enough to win them the Shorty Award on April 11th? http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249089/pearl-jam-is-up-for-a-shorty-award-on-april-11th#latest
    I wish they would just focus on music. I don't think most of us really care about them winning a shorty award. Besides PJ, my favorite artist is probably Josh Homme and all I see him doing is finding ways to make NEW MUSIC! Would be nice if they could do that too.
    looking to hear of the earth
    www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-heat-s-wade-extends-offer-sends-arena-key-to-pearl-jam-20160404-story.html

On Monday, Pearl Jam posted on a video on YouTube of Vedder, surrounded by his bandmates, opening a large envelope from the Miami Heat and finding the key inside. They express their thanks to Wade and the Heat.

Dwyane Wade, who missed the past two games with a back bruise, is a game-time decision for Tuesday's game against the Detroit Pistons

After Heat practice on Monday, Wade laughed when asked what his connection was to the Seattle-area band, who first came on the scene as pioneers of "grunge" rock.

"They put out an album the year I was born. That's probably the only connection" Wade joked. "They're coming here. We just did some things back and forth. They're coming to a place where I call my home, and I gave them the key to the house to come in anytime."

Wade might have been exaggerating the age of the band a bit -- Pearl Jam's first album came out in 1991, and Wade was born in 1982. And perhaps the connection that Wade didn't mention was important: Heat coach Erik Spoelstra is quite a Pearl Jam fan.

In an interview with the Sun Sentinel on Monday, Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready said the band was happy with Wade's offer.

“I’d love to go down and shoot some baskets on the court down there. I know Jeff [Ament] and Ed [Vedder] were talking about it," McCready said. "We all love basketball, so it would be fun. We don’t have a team here [Seattle] anymore, so we gotta get what we can get.”
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Weird ^^^