sewing with duct tape

rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
edited March 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
use this thread (or lack thereof--haha) to share your experiences.

I had to hem my son's band uniform pants. well, i couldn't sew them and stapling seemed too amateurish.
so, wala, black duct tape to the perfect rescue!
all season long the hems stayed in place
Post edited by rollings on

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Haven't sewed with it but have covered up repaired our couches due to damage done courtesy of two cats who love to tear shit up.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    You want to see some skill with duct tape sewing go find a group of tree planters. I swear they can create whole outfits with the stuff.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,124
    It's not sewing, but my wife made some hair berrettes for our nieces using duct tape. She bought the patterned tape, one was a paint splatter design and the other was zebra stripe. She cut and folded the tape into rose buds then hot glued them to the clips. I thought they were pretty neat. My wife is very good at doing craft projects.
  • My brother stapled his dress slacks years ago when he was a waiter at a swanky DC restaurant. They held up.

From the title I expected this to be a Chadwick thread. There is a connection to OP, yes/no?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    hedonist said:
    I do love me my connection.
    and that song too :skull:

ya know, hedonist, I don't think the stones would perform that song in concert ( I could be wrong), but I'm glad keith and his 1987 long-haired-ass dude did :heart:

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I was wearing a skirt at work...I was kneeling down and when I went to stand up, I had stepped on the hem of my skirt so when I stood up, I tore the bottom ruffle of my skirt.

I used 4" medical tape to fix it. Not exactly duct tape, but it has the same properties. It held up for the rest of the day.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited March 2016
    rollings said:

use this thread (or lack thereof--haha) to share your experiences.

I had to hem my son's band uniform pants. well, i couldn't sew them and stapling seemed too amateurish.
    so, wala, black duct tape to the perfect rescue!
    all season long the hems stayed in place

http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-222-20-Yard-Witchery-Regular/dp/B0001DSIHI
    for those who can't sew. yes I've used it before :wink: Iron-on glue, basically.

I read in the mid 90's that chris cornell had shorts and a wallet made of duct tape....I decided to give the wallet a shot. It had a money flap and multiple card compartments, all made of duct tape. Was a great conversation starter. Think I still have it somewhere...