Options

Flight to Mars Announced 14th Annual Benefit Concert & Tribute To David Bowie

2»

Comments

• Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,510
    Anyone go last night? Other than the Bowie set which looks incredible,who were the special guests? Jeff seems to be in Seattle, was he there?
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited May 2016
    Ayron Jones
    Duff McKagan
    Adam Czeisler
    Kim Virant
    Mike Ryan Waters
    Jeff Rouse
    I cannot remember his name, but he did an amazing cover of Man Who Sold the World
    ...I know I'm forgetting people, somebody help out.

Did not see Jeff, but the hat doesn't mean he wasn't there.
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SR91748SR91748 Posts: 138
    Awesome show! Two shows,really, both of which were great. First show with the Chris Friel Orchestra was the Bowie tribute. Loved it. Every song was a HR. Second show ended with a run of AC/DC Let There Be Rock and then a run of Thin Lizzy covers (Rosalie, Jailbreak, Cowboy Song, Boys R Back). Great energy, loud guitars.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    That show last night was fucking rad!
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    The show tonight is awesome, the local music scene here in Seattle is great
  • Options

I had such an awesome time tonight! Thank you to all my friends that made it even more memorable...you know who you are! ❤
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    A soundboard recording of these nights would be amazing!
  • Options

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    motarmotar Posts: 141
    Posters are on sale over at http://www.artillerydesign.com/
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Thanks for the videos guys! :clap: I think I saw a laughing dog! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,919
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,919
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    toddlutttoddlutt Seattle Posts: 35
    Their version of Thank You (by Led Zeppelin) was over the top. I think I lost my mind at that point... it was blown all the way to Mars. I see the original setlist included How Many (More Times?). I know I had some brain damage from head banging during the string of Thin Lizzy songs but that was cut, right? Let there be rock!
  • Options
    The second night I believe they played it...I know they wanted to keep playing.
    I lost most of my voice by then...and a little more of my hearing. I swear they turn it up to 12 during FTM shows.

- Christopher McCandless