EDM suggestions

halvhalv Posts: 675
So my nephew bet he could get me to like some EDM music. I was reluctant but gave it a try. He played me some half decent stuff.
I realized that I like more dirty sounding EDM. Songs with an edge, kind of like that Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex, or Prodigy sounding tunes. So I'm looking for suggestions.

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Come to daddy by aphex twin, Skrillex Equinox and summit.

Let me know if this is the right direction for you?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited March 2016
    Oof. I'm not big on the EDM stuff. I think the left of center electronic music is way more interesting (like the aforementioned Aphex Twin, or Boards of Canada)

Jamie xx - In Colours was my favorite album from last year. Try that. It's not big banger EDM stuff, people seem to like Avacii a lot. But that's not my cup of tea style wise.

Any Four Tet album or Burial's stuff from the past decade is always killer too.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Sorry not EDM, but cooler than it, the last 2 Arca albums have been killer. Out there stuff.
  • halvhalv Posts: 675

Come to daddy by aphex twin, Skrillex Equinox and summit.

Let me know if this is the right direction for you?

That's great. Thanks. Like them both. That Aphex Twin video is trippy!
    It seems what I'm looking for is good gym music and those fit the bill.

• halvhalv Posts: 675

Oof. I'm not big on the EDM stuff. I think the left of center electronic music is way more interesting (like the aforementioned Aphex Twin, or Boards of Canada)

Jamie xx - In Colours was my favorite album from last year. Try that. It's not big banger EDM stuff, people seem to like Avacii a lot. But that's not my cup of tea style wise.

Any Four Tet album or Burial's stuff from the past decade is always killer too.

Thanks for all these suggestions. I'll check them all out. I have Boards of Canada playing right now. Like you said, not "big banger" stuff, but interesting music all the same. Another band I came across is Holy Fuck. A different vibe but good instrumental/somewhat electronic music.

thanks again.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Electro bank and block rockin beats by Chemical brothers.

I'll have a few more for u as I'm pretty sure what you'll enjoy.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Duke Dumont or Dillion Francis
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    Just watched Under the Electric Sky on netflix. It's catchy stuff! Google pearl jam edm...Betterman!

Will check out recommendations, thx.