Generation X - New NatGeo Documentary

Anyone watching this new documentary series? Generation X - Narrated by Christian Slater

Episode 1 - Alternative Goes Mainstream

Caught this in the opening credits...it's there for a second.. haha

Born Between 1961 and 1982 - Congrats You're In!
Raised in an era of economic and social disruption, gen X became the ultimate disruptors. From hip-hop to indie films to bloggers, gen X-ers have learned it, lived it and taken the idea of disruption as far as it will go.

https://youtu.be/BYaqh--Uhx0
"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I am not watching it...don't have cable...but I KNEW I was Gen X...and I have been told Over and Over I'm not....HA! Now I know I am!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    Youth of today: Gen XXX?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm watching it...kinda depressing, didn't realize that there was a recession then, I was going to school full time, working full time...I didn't watch a lot of TV back then either.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    So far through 4 episodes its pretty good.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    1961 to 1982?

I feel like that is too large of a generation. I'm 37 and in the same generation as a 55 year old? Nah....
    www.myspace.com
    I think they say... 61 to 81 in the opening credits.

1961 to 1982?

I feel like that is too large of a generation. I'm 37 and in the same generation as a 55 year old? Nah....

Yet all members of PJ are over 50 now.. ;)

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Malroth said:

Youth of today: Gen XXX?

I would definitely throw my 14 year old daughter in that generation....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

1961 to 1982?

I'm with ya, Juggler. My mom was born in '58, I was born in '77. There's no way she's only 3 years removed from "my" generation. I thought the 50s & 60s were the Baby Boomers and 70's & 80s were Gen X?
    edited March 2016
    Your mom is a Boomer and you're a Gen X'er...

If your parents were from the WWII generation then you're a BABY BOOMER -- the BOOM was births after the War... If your a child of those children then you're a Gen X'er.... The kids of Gen X'ers are Millennial Generation or Generation Y... like it to not...haha
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    myoung321 said:

If your parents were from the WWII generation then you're a BABY BOOMER -- the BOOM was births after the War... If your a child of those children then you're a Gen X'er.... The kids of Gen X'ers are Millennial Generation or Generation Y... like it to not...haha

Baby Boomer=1946-1964

my parent was born before that, but I was born in the mid-70s...I'm still a Gen X'er.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    My parents were born in the late 40s and I was born in the mid 80s. I think I'd be demographically considered a millennial but I still can't figure out Snapchat so I don't self identify as a millennial. I told a room full of my friends who are around the same age as me that they're considered millennials and they all got very angry.

I'm not entirely sure why the classification of 'generation' matters though.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    edited March 2016
    RKCNDY said:

myoung321 said:

Baby Boomer=1946-1964

my parent was born before that, but I was born in the mid-70s...I'm still a Gen X'er.
    If your parents were the children of the WWII generation, then the year doesn't matter.. You're a Gen X'er