Options

Will The Hartford Show Be Good?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
So......tell me your thoughts.....automatic humdinger or hit and miss?

plus
1. Friday night
2. day off before

minus
1. Connecticut

hahahahah...... I honestly have no idea and am about to buy a ticket if I get enough confidence from you!!!!!! LET ME KNOW.....

MT
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    that's all you need to know friday night after day off it has all the makin of a great show .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    yes

even if its bad it will be good

a bad night of PJ is still tough to beat
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    the shows are always good. it wont be MSG but i'll be there.

plus 1: its after MSG so they should save something at least a little special for this show (last time was the first time they played Im Open)

plus 2: last time the weather was shitty. they remember and make up for it???
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    yes, hartford will be good because
    1) it's PEARL JAM
    2) I'll be there

you do the math :D

buy the ticket...take the ride (stolen line from someones sig and Hunter s Thompson)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    yes, hartford will be good because
    1) it's PEARL JAM
    2) I'll be there

you do the math :D

buy the ticket...take the ride (stolen line from someones sig and Hunter s Thompson)

Here is the thing......I am going to all the shows from Camden 2 to Boston 1.....was considering this one too....BUT...I want to buy one AMAZING seat for the show since I only have 10c seats to Camden and Boston (extra seat if anyone needs one bty)......so, I found a great seat to this show......just want to make sure before I pull the trigger......

YES, inherently it is a stupid question since it is Pearl Jam. But, I would say that some crowds just dont encourage the band as well as others.....JUST MAKING SURE......the ticket is 800 bucks.....
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    It's Pearl Jam. Just buy a ticket and let them handle the rest.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    Tackalac wrote:
    Here is the thing......I am going to all the shows from Camden 2 to Boston 1.....was considering this one too....BUT...I want to buy one AMAZING seat for the show since I only have 10c seats to Camden and Boston (extra seat if anyone needs one bty)......so, I found a great seat to this show......just want to make sure before I pull the trigger......

YES, inherently it is a stupid question since it is Pearl Jam. But, I would say that some crowds just dont encourage the band as well as others.....JUST MAKING SURE......the ticket is 800 bucks.....

I would not pay $800 to see anyone. Maybe Hendrix,Zep wtih Bonham, John Bonham, or the who with Moon.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I would not pay $800 to see anyone. Maybe Hendrix,Zep wtih Bonham, John Bonham, or the who with Moon.

uhhhhh.....
  • Options
    Tackalac wrote:

not that i in anyway condone scalping
    but
    it's your money and if you can spend it on something that will bring you joy, why not
    most of the people i know will be travelling on from camden thru til the end (dc thru the end for me) so i think the crowd will be great no matter where.
    AND you've got decent seats with 10c, yes for camden and boston?
    how amazing is this seat?
    if you want to share, that is?
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Tackalac wrote:

Are you sitting on the stage? heh :D

If you can spend the money go for it. It will be a great story to tell in years to come. :)
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    BeerBaron wrote:
    From all of the accounts I have heard of the Hartford 06 shows, my expectations are low for this one.

Personally I think this show is set up to be a but of an enery low for the band. It will be coming on the heals of the two MSG shows and right before the two Boston shows which is not only one the bands favourite cities to play in, but they are also the last two shows of the mini-tour, so the band will liekly pull out all the stops in Boston :)

Hartford 06 was great and anyone who slags it because they call it a so-called "hits" show can go screw! Check out the setlist and listen to the bootleg...it was a damn solid show.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    From all of the accounts I have heard of the Hartford 06 shows, my expectations are low for this one.

Personally I think this show is set up to be a but of an enery low for the band. It will be coming on the heals of the two MSG shows and right before the two Boston shows which is not only one the bands favourite cities to play in, but they are also the last two shows of the mini-tour, so the band will liekly pull out all the stops in Boston :)

Thank you. That is what I needed to hear. INstead....I am going to host a 800 dollar barbeque for everyone that answered.......Anyone with an extra Ten Club seat for Hartford?? I will pay you the face value and host a super duper BBQ.....that is spending my money wisely!!!! RIGHT!!!!>??????
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Tackalac wrote:
    So......tell me your thoughts.....automatic humdinger or hit and miss?

plus
    1. Friday night
    2. day off before

minus
    1. Connecticut

hahahahah...... I honestly have no idea and am about to buy a ticket if I get enough confidence from you!!!!!! LET ME KNOW.....

MT

Oh perlease, it has all the makings of a stinker. Anyone will tell you that Ed likes to do his grocery shopping on a Friday, when all the fresh fruit arrives at the market, so he'll most likely be running late and angry about the cost of cumquats.
    Stone, well it's only three days after he takes his first yoga class, so he'll most likely be far too supple to really crank out any riffs. Mike is attending church the following day, so he''ll want to get off for an early night.
    As for Jeff, Matt and Boom, well I have no idea what they'll be up to, what do you think I know everything? Jeez.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Oh perlease, it has all the makings of a stinker. Anyone will tell you that Ed likes to do his grocery shopping on a Friday, when all the fresh fruit arrives at the market, so he'll most likely be running late and angry about the cost of cumquats.
    Stone, well it's only three days after he takes his first yoga class, so he'll most likely be far too supple to really crank out any riffs. Mike is attending church the following day, so he''ll want to get off for an early night.
    As for Jeff, Matt and Boom, well I have no idea what they'll be up to, what do you think I know everything? Jeez.

The only funny thing about this reply: cumquats.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Tackalac wrote:
    The only funny thing about this reply: cumquats.

:) I just find it amusing/frustrating/even somewhat irritating, that people would mull over which show they should go to, which will be better, just like they're scratching their chin whilst looking at a menu in a restaurant..."ooh, I don't know wether to have meat and two veg, or the cumquat suprise....decisions, decisions..."
    Just go, they're all good shows, everyone always says their show was best anyway, and the ones that go to all of them are without any sense of proportion, or reality after a while. You'll enjoy it, and apparently Hartfod has the lovliest girls in the audience :)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    :) I just find it amusing/frustrating/even somewhat irritating, that people would mull over which show they should go to, which will be better, just like they're scratching their chin whilst looking at a menu in a restaurant..."ooh, I don't know wether to have meat and two veg, or the cumquat suprise....decisions, decisions..."
    Just go, they're all good shows, everyone always says their show was best anyway, and the ones that go to all of them are without any sense of proportion, or reality after a while. You'll enjoy it, and apparently Hartfod has the lovliest girls in the audience :)

Dont be annoyed....I am going to every show I can....I went to 6 EV solo shows...if you are nice I will bring you a Zippo!! I was just trying to get a GREAT seat to one show of all the ones I go to.....you can understand my quasi-trepidation....I know some places stink...not the band...the band is ALWAYS on fire....just some places (like Mountain View in 2003) were just low low energy.....I have never been back there, so I thought I would ask....HOWEVER, if you say the girls are not wildebeasts, I am all for it....but now I should buy two tickets so I can give one of them to a Connecticut girl. Just so long as they didnt vote for Lieberman....
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    I would only ever pay $$$ for Boston shows but that's just me. We have 10C seats for Hartford and Mansfield I but bought VIP seats for Mansfield II beacause we're bringing our son and paid significantly less than you're willing to spend.

I say if you have the cash blow it on NYC or Boston!
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
    I say enjoy every minute of every concert.
    This band is special because they always do something at a show that makes the fans say, "man, I am lucky to have been here for that"

we all have our special moments...make this hartford show your special moment
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
  • Options
    Tackalac wrote:
    Dont be annoyed....I am going to every show I can....I went to 6 EV solo shows...if you are nice I will bring you a Zippo!! I was just trying to get a GREAT seat to one show of all the ones I go to.....you can understand my quasi-trepidation....I know some places stink...not the band...the band is ALWAYS on fire....just some places (like Mountain View in 2003) were just low low energy.....I have never been back there, so I thought I would ask....HOWEVER, if you say the girls are not wildebeasts, I am all for it....but now I should buy two tickets so I can give one of them to a Connecticut girl. Just so long as they didnt vote for Lieberman....
    see, told ya, buy the ticket take the ride :D
    OH! and i'll take that zippo, if you're just giving them away :p
    please make sure you come to the pre-party and say hi.
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    luvistower wrote:
    see, told ya, buy the ticket take the ride :D
    OH! and i'll take that zippo, if you're just giving them away :p
    please make sure you come to the pre-party and say hi.

Where is the pre=party???? Drinks on me...Car bombs
  • Options
    Tackalac wrote:
    Sweet Jane's
    all the info is here
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=279920&highlight=Hartford+pre-party
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    It's going to be a GREAT show because Pearl Jam will be playing! Oh, and it will also be my b-day! :D

I always find it funny how people hype or down play all these shows. Just enjoy them, Pearl Jam will be fuckin' playing, what more do you need?

Cheers.
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm sure it will be good. Its Pearl Jam.

I still wouldn't pay $800 for one ticket though. I don't think there's any show in the world that I'd pay that for.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Don't worry about the NY- Mansfield thing. This is music and art. Once the band gets on stage and playing, the magic can happen anywhere, anytime. Thats the beauty of live performance.
    I am on the lawn, so I just hope it doesn't rain ha ha.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i will be there, so it will be good...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    JaneNY wrote:

I still wouldn't pay $800 for one ticket though. I don't think there's any show in the world that I'd pay that for.
    What if you get to meet and greet the fellaz, and hang out?

I'll definitely pay that $ to hang out with Ed and Stoney!!! :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    jamie uk wrote:

classic.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Tackalac wrote:

pearl jam + sweet janes + car bombs + friday night = steve dunne guarantees a great show!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:

sheesh. I've paid $200 in the past (for incredible seats mind you) and I thought that was outrageous.

I think prices are likely to go down closer to the show.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I thought Hartford '06 was a great show, the band rocked with passion, and they took Inside Job and Black to new levels - the only problem i had was that it was a bit cold that night. but that won't be a problem this year since it's in late june instead of May 13.