Petition/request for "Release" In Lex.

KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
As a long time diehard PJ fan and 15 PJ shows, 4 EV solo shows in, I have not yet been "Released!" I know there was a thread recently about those that have been "released." And for you all, I am glad you got to experience it.
I should have been "Released" in Noblesville, Ind. in 2010 and hoped and predicted that would be the opener that night, given they had played I believe four shows previous with no Release. The show was delayed. I was there and for others that were there and remember the storm (Lightning, Thunder), we were stuck in traffic for about two hours and then the ten club lines were a mess and ultimately we spent another 45 minutes in the 10 club line. Needless to say, we came into the venue on Last Exit (2nd song) and I missed my "Release." It was painful! Still a great show though.

With that said, for the band and Eddie as Setlist maker, please for me at Rupp in Lexington, play Release, wherever it may occure in the setlist. Opener, 2nd after Pendulum, Playing "Ten" in its entirety, I am good!

Also, would be a nice dedication to my Dad (Don) who passed on November 7th of last year.

I appreciate your consideration of this request and for those that have not been "Released" and would like to, please keep this thread going.

Thanks,
Kevin

Comments

• KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    Come on now. Where are my Lexington PJ fans that want some "Release."
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Im gong to Lexington and saw Release a couple times, but for YOU I hope they play Release as its an amazing song and would love to hear it again
    pjalive21 said:

Im gong to Lexington and saw Release a couple times, but for YOU I hope they play Release as its an amazing song and would love to hear it again

I just think it would set the tone for that arena and group of fans like no other song could. I believe you started the Lex/roll call thread and I posted of some good places to eat, drink, etc.

So thanks for posting. I want to keep this thread going.
  • joe159joe159 Posts: 316
    Release has my vote!!!
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Posts: 989
    I can get down with this request. I'd like to add Dirty Frank to the request list, if I may.
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...

I can get down with this request. I'd like to add Dirty Frank to the request list, if I may.

I would love to have "Dirty Frank" in that first song of first encore!
  • Gordie09Gordie09 Posts: 17
    I will sign the petition.

I was at the Noblesville show in 2010, and not to rub it in... Amazing! I want it again. Probably more than any other song. I'll sign on for Dirty Frank, too. That'll be a fun one.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I'll need to think about this. What's in it for me? I've been Released like a half dozen times.
    Gordie09 said:

I was at the Noblesville show in 2010, and not to rub it in... Amazing! I want it again. Probably more than any other song. I'll sign on for Dirty Frank, too. That'll be a fun one.

Gordie09 said:

Thanks for signing on! I heard it was awesome from a fellow PJ fan club member who I sat next to in St. Louis on 10/03/14. I told him I wanted to hear Release open and he brought up Noblesville. It was painful to hear from him and painful as you state on the board. But I do appreciate the "sign on!" I am sitll in for Dirty Frank as well!
  • gdlaw001gdlaw001 Posts: 23
    Kevin,

I am all about some Release as an opener to the show. Lets get this PJ party started off right. I have seen PJ 6 times and have never been "Released", myself. I would also like to have some rare songs on at least one of the encoors. Come on guys, we fans know you can do it. So, just do it, lets make this show a night to remember.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,255
    Long Road please.
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921

Long Road please.

Yes pls.
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Release > Long Road > Wash
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    gdlaw001 said:

Kevin,

I am all about some Release as an opener to the show. Lets get this PJ party started off right. I have seen PJ 6 times and have never been "Released", myself. I would also like to have some rare songs on at least one of the encoors. Come on guys, we fans know you can do it. So, just do it, lets make this show a night to remember.

Hey Greg, I like your enthusiasm here! Hopefully, we can get a large PJ Lexington crew to sign on to this thing.
    KC138045 said:

Release > Long Road > Wash

Now this I like! I have had both Long Road and Wash two times, but if you throw Release into the mix, I would certainly love to have them again. Very nice trio.
  • sclinvillesclinville Posts: 125
    Count me in
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • gdlaw001gdlaw001 Posts: 23
    I was thinking about this post today and I would love for PJ to play Release for you Kevin you drove a distance to see them live in Noblesville and missed the opener and most of all a dedication to your father that would be a great dedication my friend. I was also thinking, it's been over 20 years since the song Indifference has been played on Kentucky grounds. How about, Indifference as a closer to this spectacular night. Don't get me wrong, if you have sen PJ before you more than likely you've gotten YLB as a closer. A little something different would be a nice addition to the setlist for us Kentucky Blue Blood... Ahhhhhh Blood,,,,,now that's a thought.
  • Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Definitely would like to hear some Release! Great song!
  • joseph33joseph33 Posts: 1,247
    You have my vote. To open the night lets go Pendulum,Release,Low Light.
    Bump for Release (and Dirty Frank).
  • EvieVedderEvieVedder Posts: 461
    Oh my goodness, you have my vote. I've been lucky enough to have heard Release as an opener a good handful of times. The lights go out and all you hear is "ooooooohhhhhhh"
    Goosebumps every time.
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
    gdlaw001 said:

I was thinking about this post today and I would love for PJ to play Release for you Kevin you drove a distance to see them live in Noblesville and missed the opener and most of all a dedication to your father that would be a great dedication my friend. I was also thinking, it's been over 20 years since the song Indifference has been played on Kentucky grounds. How about, Indifference as a closer to this spectacular night. Don't get me wrong, if you have sen PJ before you more than likely you've gotten YLB as a closer. A little something different would be a nice addition to the setlist for us Kentucky Blue Blood... Ahhhhhh Blood,,,,,now that's a thought.

Thanks for that senitment, Greg. Also, I would be on board with "Blood." Just change the title at Rupp to "Blue Blood!"
  • pjDennipjDenni Posts: 8
    KCjam said:

gdlaw001 said:

Kevin,

Hey Greg, I like your enthusiasm here! Hopefully, we can get a large PJ Lexington crew to sign on to this thing.
    I'm in #pjtour2016 #release yaaaas!!! It just has to be!!!!
    Bump for Release (and Dirty Frank).
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    I am down. Never get tired of hearing this song

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

KC138045 said:

Release > Long Road > Wash</blockquot

Now I would love to have this trio to open the show!

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    I won't be in Lex but good luck OP!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    Release and hard to imagine
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    edited April 2016
    I love Release, but for some reason I've seen it as an opener about 5 times out of the 13 shows I've been to. It's one of the best. Hard to Imagine or Wash would be great.

Heck - I'd love to see them open the show with Leash. Maybe they could do Release as the closer.

I'm not going to start a thread because I don't really like these requests, but the song I want to hear is Oceans. It is my wife's white whale song and the one show I took a friend to and didn't take her, they played it of course. She reminds me of that fairly often.
    Post edited by know1 on
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.

I won't be in Lex but good luck OP!

Thanks for the good luck wishes!