Rock Bottom

Hey PJ
Just wanted to pass along my thanks to the band and it's management team for a few reasons. First, the 2016 tour announcement and choosing three Canadian cities to perform in. As luck would have it, I scored a hat trick and made the cut for all three. Really looking forward to Quebec city, never been. Most importantly, I want to give my gratitude for your ticket pricing. Just received the credit statement with the ticket purchases on it. To my complete delight, the conversion from American to Canadian dollars was massive but manageable; because of your initial price. I believe ticket pricing is a real issue for the band and you do your utmost to give us the very lowest price possible. The credit card company charged a conversion above 46%, ten points higher than market. The Canadian dates were some of the lowest priced tickets for the tour, rock bottom really. Just another drop in the overflowing bucket of admiration I have for Pearl jam.

In joyous part

PS. Maybe you guys can chime in on the 1000 performance/concert/engagement/show/appearance/whatever its called and say a few words on the subject. That is one hell of an achievement and it should be celebrated! We, your fans, would love to make it an extra special event. So let us know.

The topic of this discussion is Pearl Jam and their rock bottom ticket pricing. give an opinion if you like.

I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.

Comments

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 758
    I would second that. Comparing 2016 with 2013 prices were almost identical in USD, which definitely helped with the sting of the change in exchange rate over that period. In seeing other artists prices I'm thankful for PJ in this regard!
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805
    Couldn't agree more.....when I see Springsteen charging $200+ for a single ticket it reflects positively on PJ and we fans really should appreciate their lack of GREED and attempts to get the tickets in the fans' hands !

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Posts: 835
    Gotta say. If the strategy is to keep tickets low so we can splurge on the merch....hook line and sinker baby. This tour is the biggest entertainment event for me this year and probably next as well. So I want to really soak it in and get some mementos. Already have visions of three framed posters adorning the stairs to my basement cave. A new shirt from each show for me and each of my three different guests. But to do this, costs needed to be trimmed and that means driving instead of flying, stay with relatives in Montreal between the QC and Ott shows and packing a few lunches.
    The anticipation for these shows fricken haunts me.
    My guess is that being the champion touring band PJ is. If the man hours were added up between all the people that do even the smallest part to make a show happen. It would probably add up to hundreds of people earning a full time wage for a year. These tours definitely create millions in economic spinoffs and employment. Good work, never stop touring....ever!

In joyous part
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.