Options

Worst 10 Club Seats You've Ever Gotten?

Comments

• Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341

Oh Boy
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Seniority-based... probably MSG I and II in 2010. Back of the floor. Luckily these seats were raised though.
  • Options
    kane316kane316 Posts: 168
    PJ 20 Night 1. I got the package deal from the Ten Club after F5ing for hours upon hours. When I got to Alpine I was so excited, Night 1 was my reserved seats and Night 2 was GA, when I got my tickets I opened them up and it had printed on them, "obstructed/limited view." I was a little upset but thought it's still going to be a great show, and it was but here was the view from my seat
    Like I said, it was a great show, but having to crane my neck the whole night just to see was quite unpleasant.
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    Tampa 2003. About 40 rows back on the floor.

I'm so glad 10c now is able to get the wings as "best seats in the house" rather than the back of the floor.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    kane316 said:

PJ 20 Night 1. I got the package deal from the Ten Club after F5ing for hours upon hours. When I got to Alpine I was so excited, Night 1 was my reserved seats and Night 2 was GA, when I got my tickets I opened them up and it had printed on them, "obstructed/limited view." I was a little upset but thought it's still going to be a great show, and it was but here was the view from my seat

Like I said, it was a great show, but having to crane my neck the whole night just to see was quite unpleasant.

Lol.

On night one, my seats were pretty OK... although off to the side. However, there was a light behind Jeff that was aimed at a direct path through my retina into my brain. When it went on it was absolutely blinding
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Those PJ20 seats ^^^ shouldnt even exist.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    What was your number on that behind the pole seat?
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745

ouch
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    Dr DapsoyDr Dapsoy Posts: 70
    Probably the non-existent ones I did NOT get to Global Citizen or MSG '16. I miss mail-order and seniority-based ticketing as opposed to lottery. The lottery gives all ten clubbers and equal shot, and I suppose that's fair. But maybe they can try something like a lottery based on proximity to the venue? At the current system, it's possible for a brand new member from Florida for example to score tickets to both Florida and NYC while a 20-year 10 club vet that lives a short train ride from NYC gets nothing.
    1996: Randall's Island 1
    1998: MSG 1
    2000: Jones Beach 1
    2003: Uniondale, MSG 1
    2006: Camden
    2013: Brooklyn 2
    2016: Boston 1
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    youngster said:

Went to Chicago 1 show in 09, 8/23 I believe. Mind you I had only been in the 10c for about a year at the time but my seats were buried in the rafters, opposite side of the stage. Great show and I don't have any regrets, but there had to have been general sale tix sold closer than where I was.

Ended up in Chicago that week out of the blue and bought tickets on TM the day of, 200 level side stage. Great seats for a sold out show. My friend was also up top for some reason. Night 2 she had floor tix
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    Raleigh and Columbia are my 1st 2 seated experiences so I'm hoping that neither being a particularly high demand show should hopefully mean better seats. Will just be happy to be there!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

I would have been walking around in circles the whole show
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,215
    The worst ones I had were at Seattle 2000. I think Was 3 sections back from the stage and 19 rows up. Not the worst tickets one can have, but the worst fan club ticket's I've had. I think that whole venue were 10c members (apparently PJ had no probably acquiring a buttload of fan club tickets for that show). Runner up was Seattle II '09. We had row 21 on the floor for night 1, but something happened in night 2 and we were in the 3rd or 4th section from the stage in the lower level (10c later admitted the error, and did their best to make up for it).

Most of the time I've been between row 12 and 20 on the floor. Best tickets I ever had was row 5 at Seattle I 2002, Row 6 at Boise 2000 (using my buddies brand new membership), and Row 13 dead center Gorge 05.
  • Options
    Holly9075Holly9075 Newfoundland, Canada Posts: 195

It's so bad its funny lol I'd die

Mexico City 28/11/15   Chicago 20/08/16    Boston 04/09/2018
    Quebec City 05/05/16  Chicago 22/08/16
    Ottawa 08/05/16          Taormina 26/06/17
    Toronto 10/05/16         Taormina 27/06/17
    Toronto 11/05/16         Boston 02/09/2018

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    probably 15th row at a chicago show. This is pre-GA pit/Lottery

My side of the stage seats to Moline were right by Mike, but on the side of the stage...

So I pretty much have had amazing seats every time (front row 2 times, first 5 thrice, and first 15 over ten times
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Seattle Sept 21, 2009 .... 10C tickets, way up and way back on the 2nd level at Key Arena. Pffffffffffffft.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options

Seattle Sept 21, 2009 .... 10C tickets, way up and way back on the 2nd level at Key Arena. Pffffffffffffft.

Was that normal for you? I'm thinking you suffered from the glitch!
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    edited March 2016
    Zod said:

Not normal. Number is 283xxx. What do you mean by 'the glitch'?
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Number is over 446,000 (joined in 2008), wish I would have joined when I started following the band in 2000.

In any case, I've had decent luck:
    - front row balcony at the PPAC in Providence which is a small theatre (Ed solo show)
    - Won GA for Wrigley 2013 and GA for Worcester #1 2013

I won Reserved Seats for Wrigley #2 this summer. Can't lie...I'm getting nervous after seeing the picture of our friend sitting right behind the pole! Ha

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    jp307677 said:

Number is over 446,000 (joined in 2008), wish I would have joined when I started following the band in 2000.

- front row balcony at the PPAC in Providence which is a small theatre (Ed solo show)

I won Reserved Seats for Wrigley #2 this summer. Can't lie...I'm getting nervous after seeing the picture of our friend sitting right behind the pole! Ha

I wouldn't worry about it. There was a reserved upper bowl option in '13. My guess is that's what those are. I'm 456XXX and I was in 106 in '13.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    KC138045 said:

jp307677 said:

I wouldn't worry about it. There was a reserved upper bowl option in '13. My guess is that's what those are. I'm 456XXX and I was in 106 in '13.
    I just looked up 106 at Wrigley and that's pretty good!
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

What was your number on that behind the pole seat?

i cant remember, i'd have to dig out the ticket. but that seriously was my seat. thankfully after the rain delay most our section left so we were able to slide down the aisle.
  • Options

Zod said:

Not normal. Number is 283xxx. What do you mean by 'the glitch'?
    At the 2nd Seattle show in '09 the ten club made a mistake and accidentally put a chunk of tickets further back than they were supposed to (which also inadvertantly bumped up a bunch of other people).
  • Options
    JB111896JB111896 Posts: 21
    edited March 2016
    I had Ten Club seats directly behind that pole at Wrigley too. The seats were from a second chance drawing by the Ten Club. Here is the message copied from the Ten Club email on why they're able to have the second chance drawing:

How these tickets became available:

These tickets are located in an area that originally had a blocked view of the stage due to the positioning of sound equipment. However the positioning of that equipment has recently changed opening these seats to have an unobstructed view of the stage.

I'd hate to see what the view was like before the sound equipment changed position if they consider these seats as something they could advertise as unobstructed.
    Post edited by JB111896 on
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    It would seem that some of these interesting places to play (baseball fields) aren't the greatest for the fans. They're just not setup for audiences to watch a stage somewhere else on the field. Seems like a bit of a gamble to go, but I get it.... sort of....
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Havent gotten 10c seats in 13 years but they were always amazing.

Farthest away might be Spectrum03. I was on Stones side 7 rows up off the floor. Badass seats honestly LOL.
  • Options
    AAJC said:

It would seem that some of these interesting places to play (baseball fields) aren't the greatest for the fans. They're just not setup for audiences to watch a stage somewhere else on the field. Seems like a bit of a gamble to go, but I get it.... sort of....

I suppose. The cool thing about a baseball stadium is if you put the stage at back of centre field, almost all the seats point to that direction. It's not a horrible layout. It kind of turns the stadium into a giant amphitheater. I suppose modern baseball stadiums have probably done a better constructing a seating layout that doesn't obstruct views. It could simply be a disadvantage of a pretty old baseball field.

Then you've got football fields whose layouts are more like a giant arena (most of them without a roof). Just like arenas all the permanent seats face the field instead of the stage....

I think the biggest issue with stadiums (both baseball and football) is their size. They're so big that it's hard to see whats going on stage from a lot of the seats. I remember seeing U2 at BC Place in Vancouver and we were so far away from the stage that I couldn't tell it was Edge singing on Sunday Bloody Sunday. It was that concert and having such bad tickets, that made me sharpen/hone my ticket acquiring skills. I never wanted to be that far away again :)

• Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    1st time i got 10c tickets, Chicago 200 landed me at the back of the floor at the Allstate Arena. Not great but i understood i was the new guy and that's where i land, fastforward to Chicago night 1 2009 and i land the back of the floor again a little disappointing to say the least. It's all about how many shows they announce at the time, 2009 it was like 3 so everyone and their brother flew into chicago which pushed me back to where i started
  • Options
    Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 130
    Detroit 2003. There was a bunch of season ticket holders for the venue who had good seats. I was pretty far back in the pavilion at the DTE. I think they gave a free set of lawn tickets (not a 10 Club show) for the next night but I already had bought real good tickets off TM. Then they play a real unique set-list that 2nd night even though it was filled mostly with the general public. Crowd was pretty dead for the non hit songs. Weird decision by the band.
  • Options
    sgtppr67 said:

1st time i got 10c tickets, Chicago 200 landed me at the back of the floor at the Allstate Arena. Not great but i understood i was the new guy and that's where i land, fastforward to Chicago night 1 2009 and i land the back of the floor again a little disappointing to say the least. It's all about how many shows they announce at the time, 2009 it was like 3 so everyone and their brother flew into chicago which pushed me back to where i started

I also don't think most people gain seniority. Once the seat allocation thing was announced on the Binaural tour the attrition rate (people not renewing) really slowed down. They started to allow for multiple shows and you were a few rows further back. The announced the row 1/2/9/10 lottery, it was 4 more rows further back. I think it's why the seniority thing went partially bust. In 2000 if you'd been in the club for 9 years you were probably in the first two rows. In 2009 if you were in the fan club for 9 years you were probably in the back half of the floor. There's no way you would ever gain seniority and get to the front. It kind of went static (or further back with the aforementioned rules). Maybe you'd gain a little bit if you were a member after Binaural but you could only gain so much because anyone with a remotely decent amount of seniority would renew.