Oscar winner George Kennedy dead at 91.

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    He was great in Cool Hand Luke but I loved it when he went into comedy with the Naked Gun movies. RIP.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    He reminded me of my dad in ways.

RIP, George. Gonna go hug the kitty who, among many other beloved Georges, bears his name.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    R.I.P. Mr. George Kennedy, a fine actor.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

He was great in Cool Hand Luke but I loved it when he went into comedy with the Naked Gun movies. RIP.

He won the Oscar for best supporting actor in that movie. Cool Hand Luke in the top five of movies of all time for me. Many times at work (my coworkers think I'm nuts) I'll repeat the line.....
    *What we got here is, failure to communicate*.....may he rest in peace.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)