Techno Woes

Oh good gawd, you're thinking, not another environmental thread, not another gripe session thread.

No, my friends, just a good place to get anything of your chest about SHIT THAT DOESN'T WORK RIGHT! (Oh, oops, no griping!)

But yes, there is some selfishness involved here because it's do this or start breaking things I can't afford to replace right now.

So I'll start with...

...MY PIECE OF CRAP HP 6100 PRINTER!! (Oh oops, not griping!) I want to put it out in the road and watch cars run over it... but I'm stuck with it for now.

Is it just me or is there a lot of electronic CRAP out there these days (Oh, oops etc.... haha! )

Your techno woes?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Oh...I thought this was going to be a thread complaining about techno music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mP4CM3B5t3g

My bad...carry on.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • brianlux said:

Oh good gawd, you're thinking, not another environmental thread, not another gripe session thread.

No, my friends, just a good place to get anything of your chest about SHIT THAT DOESN'T WORK RIGHT! (Oh, oops, no griping!)

But yes, there is some selfishness involved here because it's do this or start breaking things I can't afford to replace right now.

So I'll start with...

...MY PIECE OF CRAP HP 6100 PRINTER!! (Oh oops, not griping!) I want to put it out in the road and watch cars run over it... but I'm stuck with it for now.

Is it just me or is there a lot of electronic CRAP out there these days (Oh, oops etc.... haha! )

Your techno woes?

I feel your pain. I have a HP 6300 series printer that makes me want to go Office Space on it practically every week.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I have an Epson Workforce 630. I bow at the printer greatness it is. I love that thing. Just changed the black cartridge for it on 2/23/16. Dated replacement was 2/22/15. I have a kiddo in school so we do a lot of printing. A year for a cartridge. Couldn't ask for a better printer at my house.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    deadendp said:

I have an Epson Workforce 630. I bow at the printer greatness it is. I love that thing. Just changed the black cartridge for it on 2/23/16. Dated replacement was 2/22/15. I have a kiddo in school so we do a lot of printing. A year for a cartridge. Couldn't ask for a better printer at my house.

Will check it out, thanks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Hums out techno beat....um...sss...um...sss....um...sss
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    HP Printers are the best. I've had mine for almost 17 years, still prints, scans and faxes like a fuckin' boss!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    now wait just a second, brian. ever create weird art projects for your yard or even inside the home? take your hp 6100 & wrap it in christmas lights & have it sitting in a tree or on a rock or mount your mailbox to it or use it as a flower planter. the art projects you could do with this thing is unbelievable. put it in your cactus garden. paint it green & put it on your roof.

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i do like the idea of cars running it over forever
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    RKCNDY said:

Oh...I thought this was going to be a thread complaining about techno music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mP4CM3B5t3g

My bad...carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEjMgIy91Oo
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,899
    tthis is a looooooong story but here's the short version:

we switch from centurylink DSL internet to comcast....internet works for a while and then will not connect to our desktop computer....after 4 hours on the phone (one of which was with a scam company) nothing is resolved....apple is baffled....later, safari starts working but firefox is all fucked up....I download a new firefox, it doesn't work but, fuck it, we have safari....that will have to do.

UNTIL I FIND OUT TODAY THAT THE LATEST VERSION OF SAFARI THAT MY 4 YEAR OLD MAC CAN HANDLE WILL NOT WORK FOR MY ONLINE BANKING :naughty: THESE MOTHERFUCKERS AND THEIR BUILT IN OBSELESCENCE!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Good luck with the printer, B.

Thought I'd toss in a techno "whoa!". 3-D printing is something else.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629

hedonist said:

Good luck with the printer, B.

Thought I'd toss in a techno "whoa!". 3-D printing is something else.

Sweet! Makes my techno woes look rather trivial!

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Wobbie said:

UNTIL I FIND OUT TODAY THAT THE LATEST VERSION OF SAFARI THAT MY 4 YEAR OLD MAC CAN HANDLE WILL NOT WORK FOR MY ONLINE BANKING :naughty: THESE MOTHERFUCKERS AND THEIR BUILT IN OBSELESCENCE!!!!

You nailed it - Built In Obsolescence. Fucking pisses me off. I've got an iPhone 4 (not even a 4s). I take good care of my electronics, and this thing is perfect. No scratches or dents, screen isn't cracked, buttons work, everything is absolutely fine. Except that I can't update the IOS past IOS 7.x and every single app that is release or updated requires IOS 8 or greater. So my perfectly good smartphone is getting dumber by the day as my current apps update, and I can no longer use them. I have such an aversion to the disposable nature of "things", especially when those things cost hundreds of dollars and are still fully functional. Fuck Apple for this. When I do upgrade my phone (when it actually stops functioning), it will not be to another iPhone.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ^^^that's how apple makes money...make things obsolete so you are forced into buying new hardware at high prices.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless