Options

Hillary Clinton "speeches" to Wall Street!

JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
edited February 2016 in A Moving Train
Ooowch! No wonder she doesn't want the the entitled little people reading these.

The following is a leaked transcript of Hillary Clinton’s first speech to Goldman Sachs delivered on 6/04/2013. Two other speeches are also rumored to be in circulation awaiting publication. This is the full transcript. Secretary Clinton received $225,000 for this speech. The speech has not been confirmed or authenticated.

Let me jump right in. You know, over the past few months, there have been popular concerns about an economy that still isn’t delivering for the majority of Americans. It’s not “delivering” the way that they feel it should, that they feel entitled to. Most Americans that you speak to, speak a populist rhetoric that claims it is stacked for those at the top, that those of you here have it too good.

(Laughter)

But we know the hopes that the little people have for their future — things like school, job, food, clothing on their backs– all of those little things would not be possible without your leadership and innovation. Since the time of the Medicis, even before, and the financing of the first joint stock companies in the transatlantic slave trade, we know that finance and banking is what makes our capitalist economy not just grow but tick…
Post edited by JC29856 on

Comments

• Options
    Previous generations of Americans built this economy and a middle class on a collective illusion: that they do productive work, this creates wealth, and that this builds the economy. We all know how misguided that is. We know that it’s really due to your investing, credit, and economic stewardship, that they have been able to work at all, that they are able to put food on their tables.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Whoop. Dee. Doo.
    No dynamite there, just an average amount of political pandering.

As a side note, Democrats are famous to conservatives for circling the wagons and protecting each other. People like Rush are jealous that we have such smooth primaries without the intense infighting that the GOP has.
    If one supports the democrat party, these (rather weak) attacks on Hilary do not benefit Bernie, they benefit the GOP.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Some people have said that it was your irresponsible financial engineering, risk-taking, and profit-seeking, that led to the 2008 crash; that you shorted your own toxic mortgages in the most brazen securities fraud in financial history, dynamiting and imploding the global economy; and that the exorbitant bonuses paid from tax payer money, the financial bailouts, the non-prosecutions created moral hazard, rewarded avarice, incompetence, corruption and vice. You and I know it is nothing of the sort. As leaders, innovators, captains of finance, you will always be subject of the jealous resentment, the petty tantrums of the unwashed masses, the insolvent, the irresponsible, the invidious, the losers. They will envy you, your successes, they will despise you, but they secretly want to be like you!
  • Options
    As president, I will work with you to turn the tide of populism, to make these currents of change infeasible, impossible. We don’t hide from change; we subvert, hijack it, appropriate it.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There is no way that is accurate. It doesn't even attempt to sound like it came from Clinton. It isn't even written as a speech.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    JC29856 said:

Ooowch! No wonder she doesn't want the the entitled little people reading these.

The following is a leaked transcript of Hillary Clinton’s first speech to Goldman Sachs delivered on 6/04/2013. Two other speeches are also rumored to be in circulation awaiting publication. This is the full transcript. Secretary Clinton received $225,000 for this speech. The speech has not been confirmed or authenticated.

Let me jump right in. You know, over the past few months, there have been popular concerns about an economy that still isn’t delivering for the majority of Americans. It’s not “delivering” the way that they feel it should, that they feel entitled to. Most Americans that you speak to, speak a populist rhetoric that claims it is stacked for those at the top, that those of you here have it too good.

(Laughter)

But we know the hopes that the little people have for their future — things like school, job, food, clothing on their backs– all of those little things would not be possible without your leadership and innovation. Since the time of the Medicis, even before, and the financing of the first joint stock companies in the transatlantic slave trade, we know that finance and banking is what makes our capitalist economy not just grow but tick…

not a bombshell....you can give people credit even while believing their taxes are too low and regulations too lax.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Source:

Right-wing Nutjob Cut N' Paste Email Du Jour.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Spreading this garbage around only helps Clinton when the real transcripts are released and they are not nearly this incendiary.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Yeah, I am waiting to see the source for this...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    edited February 2016
    Looks fake to me. I would say all that stuff though for $250,000. I may have trouble though turning around and saying I'm fighting for the little guy after getting paid more than the average annual salary for a CEO for an hour of my time. I have a soul at least.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    This is the same strategy that the right used for Benghazi. Leak some anonymous or misleading "source" and then let the internet go free.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    The words SATIRE ALERT appear at the top of the page. You are spreading fiction around.

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Billary wont be happy til they have Geffen type money.
    “Everybody in politics lies, but they [the Clintons] do it with such ease, it’s troubling,” DG 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUEUoeqMOys

they want revenge lol
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    If Gawker has not posted this, which they haven't, it is most definitely not real. They are all over these speeches.
  • Options
    Chelsie's hubby is one of these Banksters and his daddy was a fraudster as well. look it up
    Good night and L'ch
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    I would imagine the content of these speeches is pretty damming given how close to the vest she is holding it. You don't get paid over $200k to go trash bankers to their face.
  • Options
    let them eat muthafudgin cake. illuminatti for my mind soul and my body
    stuff like dat, lol
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    No offense but this thread really highlights that facts are only important if they conveniently fit an argument or a preferred candidate.

Hmm, let me try.....Bernie Sanders murders babies and eats kittens.

Oh this is unconfirmed btw.
  • Options
    Sorry but I thought it was blatantly obvious plus I went thru the trouble of underlying the most important part.
    wasn't a dead giveaway?
  • Options
    I thought my disclaimer was pretty clear as well. Just out of curiosity, what was the point given that we all agree it was utter bullshit?
  • Options
    ckravitz said:

I thought my disclaimer was pretty clear as well. Just out of curiosity, what was the point given that we all agree it was utter bullshit?

Point of what?
  • Options
    It just reeks of a hack piece with a disclaimer. Sort of equivalent to telling a long horrifying story only to toss in a disclaimer that it might not be true. I mean in this case the disclaimer wasn't even needed because of how utterly ridiculous it reads, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that unfortunately many would read that nonsense and believe it. Precisely what some may actually want. Maybe I am misunderstanding the intention, but it certainly seems like an attack on Clinton using what are clearly things she never said but then the disclaimer becomes the get out of jail free card.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    ckravitz said:

It just reeks of a hack piece with a disclaimer. Sort of equivalent to telling a long horrifying story only to toss in a disclaimer that it might not be true. I mean in this case the disclaimer wasn't even needed because of how utterly ridiculous it reads, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that unfortunately many would read that nonsense and believe it. Precisely what some may actually want. Maybe I am misunderstanding the intention, but it certainly seems like an attack on Clinton using what are clearly things she never said but then the disclaimer becomes the get out of jail free card.

It's blatantly obvious satire not to be taken serious, you may be taking it too serious. Maybe I give most on these boards too much intellectual credit, my bad. I thought it was a clever well thought out and written piece that gives insight to what Clintonites and Bansters really think.
    Have you had any person experience with anyone on that level?
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    You?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Have you had any person experience with anyone on that level?

Not sure I understand the question?

In any event, while it was obviously clear the piece was nonsense, I do owe a mea culpa in that I read the first paragraph ("The following....etc") in the first post as your writing and not as part of the piece. That makes a world of difference. Again, my bad.

• Options
    a fine read...titled 

How Hillary Clinton’s Goldman Sachs Speeches Cost Her the 2016 Election

the truthdig piece or the book does not explain how Russian hackers or Putin made Hilliary say these things.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN19O2AH

Editor’s note: The following is an excerpt from “How I Lost by Hillary Clinton,” introduced and annotated by Joe Lauria and reprinted by arrangement with OR Books. The book draws on the WikiLeaks releases of Clinton’s talks at Goldman Sachs and the emails of her campaign chief, John Podesta, as well as key passages from her public speeches. “How I Lost by Hillary Clinton” also includes extensive commentary by Lauria and a foreword by Julian Assange, editor in chief of WikiLeaks.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    How many has she done this year?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    JC29856 said:
    a fine read...titled 

the truthdig piece or the book does not explain how Russian hackers or Putin made Hilliary say these things.

Editor’s note: The following is an excerpt from “How I Lost by Hillary Clinton,” introduced and annotated by Joe Lauria and reprinted by arrangement with OR Books. The book draws on the WikiLeaks releases of Clinton’s talks at Goldman Sachs and the emails of her campaign chief, John Podesta, as well as key passages from her public speeches. “How I Lost by Hillary Clinton” also includes extensive commentary by Lauria and a foreword by Julian Assange, editor in chief of WikiLeaks.
    how many wall street execs are in trump's cabinet??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    a fine read...titled 

how many wall street execs are in trump's cabinet??
    6 but I don't see the correlation between Trumps cabinet and Hilliarys wall street speeches? 
    explain...keep in mind Citi exec Froman chose Obama's cabinet so I'm certain there were some too.