Options

Marshall 1959RR Randy Rhoads signature amp head

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
anybody have any experience with one of these bad boys? i have been looking around for one for a few years now but i can't find one for much less than $3000. it is a really limited edition but being a Randy fan and a Marshall man, i feel like i need to try to find one. i have read several reviews but i have not talked to anybody who has actually played one. I thought i might ask around here because i have gotten a lot of great advice and product information over the years.

i have some really high end stuff i could stand to part with to raise funds/make room for one of these.

so, anybody ever play one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13QNqZtvRVk
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Options
    by the way, i have a 1974 50 watt jmp and the stock jmp input on this amp in the video absolutely kills mine. i wish it showed how he dialed this one in.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

anybody have any experience with one of these bad boys? i have been looking around for one for a few years now but i can't find one for much less than $3000. it is a really limited edition but being a Randy fan and a Marshall man, i feel like i need to try to find one. i have read several reviews but i have not talked to anybody who has actually played one. I thought i might ask around here because i have gotten a lot of great advice and product information over the years.

i have some really high end stuff i could stand to part with to raise funds/make room for one of these.

HO-LY BALLS.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

HO-LY BALLS.
    yeah, am i right? haha....

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Dude, I would LOVE to blow up stuff playing through this thing. When my kids are older I'll teach them the ways of the Force!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    a buddy of mine builds small box plexi clones. i am going to talk to him this weekend to see if he can build me a cascade modded jmp. we shall see. all he can say is no... 8)

• Options
    i just spoke with my friend. he is a huge randy fan but he does not feel that randy had that great of tone. he could mod my jmp or build me one of these from the ground up, but he doesn't think he would be happy with the results. he said he does not stand behind something he isn't 100% certain he would be happy with. i trust him. he has been building for a long time. i'm kinda bummed. he actually kind of sold me away from this amp. i hate when that happens :(