Nelly Furtado Sings 'O Canada'

What do our Canadian friends, and anyone else, think of this version of the Canadian National Anthem?

https://youtu.be/KkBFBbHd5c4

Comments

• Nelly Furtado can't sing, never thought she could. Won't listen out of respect for my anthem.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762

Nelly Furtado can't sing, never thought she could. Won't listen out of respect for my anthem.

I don't blame you as it's pretty bad.
  • Yikes I didn't make it all the way through. It was bad right from the moment she started singing. She won a Grammy?? How?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Well that was fucking terrible
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited February 2016
    Absolutely terrible, out of tune, and not actually our national anthem, lol. Close but no cigar! :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Well, she didn't forget the words, but that's about all I can say for it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    edited February 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Absolutely terrible, out of tune, and not actually our national anthem, lol. Close but no cigar! :tongue:

I know i'm not Canadian, but at first i thought she was singing a different song altogether at the start of the Anthem. I know here in the States, especially back in the day of the Broad Street Bullies, AKA: Philadelphia Flyers, they would play Kate Smith's God Bless America. I thought Nelly was singing something different then Oh, Canada. Either way she was terrible, and that's ashame as Oh, Canada is a great Anthem.
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Just a sad performance. It's not YOUR FUCKING SONG it's OUR fucking song so sing that shit like we've been signing it since the beginning of the Tyrannosaurus REX BITCH! (who am I calling bitch? One will never know, because of my sentence structure.)

That sucked so much tuna bone.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Sting be like WTF?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,899
    evsgjamm said:

Just a sad performance. It's not YOUR FUCKING SONG it's OUR fucking song so sing that shit like we've been signing it since the beginning of the Tyrannosaurus REX BITCH! (who am I calling bitch? One will never know, because of my sentence structure.)

to me, it seems you're calling nelly a bitch. but I could be wrong.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

evsgjamm said:

to me, it seems you're calling nelly a bitch. but I could be wrong.
    According to my sister who went to high school with her, this would be an accurate description.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.