Options

FYI: GA at Fenway Park

I was just curious if anybody knows why there's no GA for Pearl Jam at Fenway, Dead and company tickets just went on sale(Amex presale) and there was a field GA turf option to buy in the main menu and according to the maps I've seen it's right in front of the stage. wtf!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,465
    Nobody here knows for sure. Many speculated it was the venue or city's decision. It might be more costly for permits or insurance. Or maybe the band wanted to see how it would go with seats only.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I've read a bunch of post previously and people are saying that there's never GA at Fenway Park so I was kind of curious as to why they let Dead and company have it but not Pearl Jam or other bands for that matter
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
    I'm curious where GA is for The Dead. grabbed 2 GA thru Amex today but no seating chart- a bit odd
    Kinda glad PJ is just seats,....
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    on2legs said:

Nobody here knows for sure. Many speculated it was the venue or city's decision. It might be more costly for permits or insurance. Or maybe the band wanted to see how it would go with seats only.

there's never been a GA at any of the other concerts at Fenway from my knowledge, so it's definitely the venue.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]