To be or not to be...that is the question

Like so many of you, I find myself at a point of being forced to decide to either be part of the problem, or be a thankless martyr who only hurts him (or her) self.

Do I give in, and feed the machine, and buy marked up tickets for MSG on stubhub....or do I concede that I simply will not be going.

I suppose the third option is to go to NYC the day of the show, and hope for a box office ticket drop, and hope that I am there early enough to get in on it....or to buy tickets day of the show from scalpers...but both of those paths seem fraught with peril....

If I try to "fight the man" and not give in to marked up tickets through a broker...I would continue looking to buy/trade online but with little expectation of success. If I am going to give in and pay high prices, I want to make that decision sooner rather than later in an effort to be able to find the best "deal" relatively speaking.

What say you?!

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited February 2016
    I say have some patience, there are still two and half months before the concert. Make flight and hotel reservations(if you need them) that you can cancel if need be. Plan on going, hell just go. There will still be the pre party or stub hub option the day of the show if you can't find anything else. Patience is key, grasshopper.

I got tickets 2 hours before the St Paul show in 2014 because someone's spouse had to drop out at the last minute, this happens all the time.
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Don't give up! Also, don't buy tickets on stubhub so far in advance. Even at sold out shows, I've gotten nosebleed tix at the garden for less than face value, the day of on Stubhub.
  • Oh yeah, be super careful buying tickets outside MSG. So many fakes. If they aren't walking you into the venue or the dude doesn't have a receipt and the purchasing credit card showing matching last four digits, stay away.
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    I've seen fans selling their extras day of the show at face. Some fans don't really check the forums.

So don't give up yet.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.