Peyton Manning: Super Bowl hero or scumbag?

lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
edited February 2016 in A Moving Train

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Post edited by lolobugg on

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,149
    most likely a scumbag.

the mannings ruined that woman's career.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • wow. never liked the guy anyways, but that's one helluva tale. did anyone else notice the author's reference to a PJ song?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Yeah always got a good old boy beats his wife kind of vibe from Peyton Manning. And I don't remember any of this coming out during the time when it happened.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    lolobugg said:

Yeah always got a good old boy beats his wife kind of vibe from Peyton Manning. And I don't remember any of this coming out during the time when it happened.

This is the thing. There were scattered articles here and there about the settlement back in 2003. I don't believe any of them have anything close to the detail of yesterday's story.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    There are going to be athletes that are great role model and can be great influences on people, but unfortunately stories like this come out all too often. The cover up isn't worse than the crime here but it is pretty damn deplorable if true (and sounds like it is) and did just as much damage to her life long-term.
    JimmyV said:

lolobugg said:

This is the thing. There were scattered articles here and there about the settlement back in 2003. I don't believe any of them have anything close to the detail of yesterday's story.
    He got to play for another 13 years without any scrutiny? That's unbelievable. He ruined her life and goes on to make millions in endorsements and commercials with other shady cats like Papa John. Glad this is coming out now at least before he rides off into the sunset.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Why were the court docs sealed? And why unseal them now? Peyton scamming Manning
  • There are going to be athletes that are great role model and can be great influences on people, but unfortunately stories like this come out all too often. The cover up isn't worse than the crime here but it is pretty damn deplorable if true (and sounds like it is) and did just as much damage to her life long-term.

It might be just me, but I think the cover up and aftermath is much worse than the crime. And honestly, I might not have things in perspective, but the offence is not near the magnitude of what I typically think of as a sexual assault: the offence sounded like a pressed ham or teabag. As disgusting as it was... it wasn't invasive.

Don't get me wrong- it was really weird, deserving of consequences, and as I said... gross, but not punishable by death. He should have been removed from the program and the reason for this should have been made public. I feel that the ruthlessness demonstrated afterwards that saw this woman ostracized was the real damning element to the dark side of PM. Instead of accepting the fact that he was a f**king idiot... he used his entitlement to destroy a professional.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Football players aren't heroes for their actions in sports.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Lo,like you never have dropped your junk on a trainers face.lol
    rgambs said:

Football players aren't heroes for their actions in sports.

agreed, but some people consider him a "hero", "idol", role model or wtf ever you want to call it.
    rr165892 said:

RR, we are talking about Peyton here. not me :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• To answer the thread title question, not sure if he's a scumbag, but he's definitely not a super bowl hero. That I am sure of.
    looking to hear of the earth

To answer the thread title question, not sure if he's a scumbag, but he's definitely not a super bowl hero. That I am sure of.

yes sir!
    edited February 2016

To answer the thread title question, not sure if he's a scumbag, but he's definitely not a super bowl hero. That I am sure of.

another question for you then: Did the media cover this up/not pick up on the "story" until now because of his popularity?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Is the author of the story the male Rachel Dolezal?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,149
    rr165892 said:

having worked as an athletic trainer with a college football team, i can guarantee you that this would never have happened to a male. never.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    The incident in question occurred 20 years ago, when Peyton Manning was at the University of Tennessee. The case was settled 13 years ago. And now it’s back, thanks to a New York Daily News story that suggests Manning’s entire goody-two-shoes persona is a contrivance based on lies and deceit, that 20 years ago, he engaged in a lewd act with the complainant, former Tennessee trainer Jamie Ann Naughright.

There are several issues here.

For one, the document that the writer, Shaun King, cites is a 74-page “Facts of Case’’ document that was written by Naughright’s lawyer in order to make the case against Manning. It is, by definition, a one-sided document; that’s why she’s paying a lawyer to make her case and make it stick. Maybe it’s true that Manning did more than simply moon a teammate in the locker room that day; maybe he did, in fact, stick his naughty bits in Naughright’s face, which would be a reprehensible act that goes far beyond playfulness. But you have to remember, this is her lawyer’s document.

We never saw the other side of the story, Manning’s side, which would be in a document written by his lawyer.

That was never revealed in this story, nor was there any noted attempt made to reach out to Manning or Manning’s representatives for comment.

wthr.com/story/31219107/kravitz-raising-some-questions-on-the-daily-news-story-on-peyton-manning
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Jason P said:

We never saw the other side of the story, Manning’s side, which would be in a document written by his lawyer.

That was never revealed in this story, nor was there any noted attempt made to reach out to Manning or Manning’s representatives for comment.
    wthr.com/story/31219107/kravitz-raising-some-questions-on-the-daily-news-story-on-peyton-manning

I thought we got Manning's side of the story when he and his dad discussed in their book, Growing Up Entitled, or something like that.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Jason P said:

The incident in question occurred 20 years ago, when Peyton Manning was at the University of Tennessee. The case was settled 13 years ago. And now it’s back, thanks to a New York Daily News story that suggests Manning’s entire goody-two-shoes persona is a contrivance based on lies and deceit, that 20 years ago, he engaged in a lewd act with the complainant, former Tennessee trainer Jamie Ann Naughright.

For one, the document that the writer, Shaun King, cites is a 74-page “Facts of Case’’ document that was written by Naughright’s lawyer in order to make the case against Manning. It is, by definition, a one-sided document; that’s why she’s paying a lawyer to make her case and make it stick. Maybe it’s true that Manning did more than simply moon a teammate in the locker room that day; maybe he did, in fact, stick his naughty bits in Naughright’s face, which would be a reprehensible act that goes far beyond playfulness. But you have to remember, this is her lawyer’s document.

Not sure about that, piece was written from unsealed court docs also.

Check out number 4
    http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-facts-prove-no-witch-hunt-peyton-manning-article-1.2532242

Jason P said:

After reading this article I'm left wondering if the author is jealous that Manning never tried tea-bagging him?

Papa John's
    Budweiser
    Kiss the family
    Tea-bag Kravitz
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,834
    'That semester, his first on campus, some type of incident involving Manning and Naughright occurred.'

I find this line very strange. We have every detail meticulously outlined except for this possibly important one.

Did he make a pass at her and she refused him so he got pissed and assaulted her?
    or
    Did they have a sexual relationship?

What was that incident???
    eddiec said:

'That semester, his first on campus, some type of incident involving Manning and Naughright occurred.'

I find this line very strange. We have every detail meticulously outlined except for this possibly important one.

Did he make a pass at her and she refused him so he got pissed and assaulted her?
    or
    Did they have a sexual relationship?

What was that incident???

I heard that her lawyers volunteered to seal that part of the case. it is definitely strange and could possibly shed some light on what happened later.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Meticulously outlined except for the state evidence! All we know is from the Fed docs. Lemme guess she was infatuated with Peyton so much so years later as a successful qb she wrote a book and defamed him in an attempt for a money and fame grab against self imposed court order. Makes total sense 2+2=18
    Oh my yes, she just succumbed to Peyton's considerable charms so that she could jeapordize her entire professional life, which included obtaining 2 advanced degrees, and sue him later when he became famous.
  • Innocent until proven guilty. I'm not making any judgement until the investigation is complete.

Innocent until proven guilty. I'm not making any judgement until the investigation is complete.

There is no investigation. A Black Lives Matter activist was mad that Cam Newton was getting shit for his antics so he drug up a 20 year old story and sensationalized it.

Innocent until proven guilty. I'm not making any judgement until the investigation is complete.

There is a pending lawsuit against Tennessee and Manning is named in the lawsuit.

As for the incident itself, you can believe manning or you can believe the accuser, 8 witnesses with sworn affidavits and a judge that states "clear and compelling evidence". Ignore the messenger, his opinions, position and affiliations...it's all in the court docs which just became public record.

Manning supporters make the arguments that sexual harassment and assaults like bread and milk have an expiration date. They make the arguments that it's a one sided account betting that the avg Joe won't read the witness testimony, judge opinions and other circumstantial evidence that makes the case against manning.

Are you ready
    Are you ready
    Are you ready, ready
    Are you ready for some football?
    One thing that hasn't changed in 20 years is that the man is given the benefit of the doubt while the woman is assumed to be making false allegations out of revenge for his not returning her affections. Yes, us poor, weak gals, we can't resist a hot young jock like Peyton and would think nothing of throwing away our entire careers for a college football player.