Bristow, Virginia July 1, 2003

WMA43WMA43 Posts: 11
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Was anyone at this show? Do you remember when Ed saw himself in the Jumbotron and started picking his nose?... Great Show, Brought me to tears
I guess it was the beatings... made me wise
But I'm not about to give thanks, or apologize
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    Great show! Loved every minute of it. :) As always!

That was my boyfriends 1st Pearl Jam show. We both rocked out the entire time (BF was a bush supporter at the time, not too big on all of the political talk, but he understood, and said he had a "new found" respect for Ed after the show, both musically, and as a human being.).

Actually, that was the last time I've seen the boys live. :( I missed them this tour, I won't make that mistake again!
  • I too was there and it stands out to me for 3 reasons:

1. The unusual slow start while people were still getting there was cool.

2. Getting Why Go for the first time in 8 years was awesome.

3. Being able to see the Buzzcocks open up was a nice bonus.
  • WMA43WMA43 Posts: 11
    That was my last show too and it hurts my soul to have to say that. Hear of any shows coming to the area this year?
  • WMA43 wrote:
    Was anyone at this show? Do you remember when Ed saw himself in the Jumbotron and started picking his nose?... Great Show, Brought me to tears

I hope Ed picking his nose didn't bring you tears? :)

It was a great show, different. It was almost like the first few songs should of been played sitting in chairs.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • WMA43WMA43 Posts: 11
    obiwon76 wrote:
    I hope Ed picking his nose didn't bring you tears? :)

It was a great show, different. It was almost like the first few songs should of been played sitting in chairs.
    Ha Ha, no but you have a point about the first songs...
    I too was there and it stands out to me for 3 reasons:

1. The unusual slow start while people were still getting there was cool.

2. Getting Why Go for the first time in 8 years was awesome.

3. Being able to see the Buzzcocks open up was a nice bonus.

Yes! I missed the Buzzcocks, and I was one of those "late people". It was an outstanding show though, even from the lawn!
    WMA43 wrote:
    That was my last show too and it hurts my soul to have to say that. Hear of any shows coming to the area this year?

Well, they did play MCI over the summer. The latest theory is that if there is another small tour here in the US, that Charlotte NC would be about as close as they might get. That is all just rumor and theorizing though, there is no real reason to believe that there will be another American Leg of this tour.

I'd bet we could all caravan down there though. :)

After looking at all of the pics folks had from the Gorge, I think I'll be making the trip out there to see them next time around.
  • simmers33simmers33 Posts: 228
    Best nothing as it seems EVER. I wish there was video. Great show!
    Good evening...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    I had fourth row center. Great show! Making the round trip drive from New Jersey in a single day was rough!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......