Options

this got lost in the porch...

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
but today is my 14th anniversary of my first pearl jam show! April 11, 1994:

DATE CITY STATE/COUNTRY VENUE
1994-04-11 Boston Massachusetts Boston Garden

Set 1 Release, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, Breath, Blood, Daughter/(Hey Hey My My), Why Go(Hold On)/Jeremy, Even Flow, Black, Alive, Porch/(Tearing), Rats, Immortality, Corduroy, Garden, Leash
Encore 1 Rockin' In The Free World, Happy Trails, Indifference

hahah seems like such a short set now!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Congratulations! Setlist looks great to me...14 years ago I wouldn't even move a muscle..I was eight.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Aww, memories. Last month was the 13th anniversary of my 1st PJ shows, I'll never forget it ;)

It's funny when you look back on how short the old setlists are... I love that they just keep getting longer and longer :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    stillalivejlpstillalivejlp Massachusetts Posts: 76
    Awesome! Yesterday (4/10) was the anniversary of my first PJ show. :)
    Dante: "You hate people!"
    Randal: "But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    My 10 year will be later this year. Hard to believe.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    hey GTD!!!! happy ani!!!!!!!!!!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Here was my first, then there was a really loooong gap between this and the next one. Went through many years of raising kids on an extremely tight budget, to moving up in the world and eventually losing our home to foreclosure when the primary employer went out of business suddenly on Vancouver Island in a little town called Gold River.. My marriage ended as a result of all the stress (etc) and well, today I am happier than ever! Long story just to say:

1995-11-04 San Jose California Spartan Stadium

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    Today is the 14 year anniversary of my second Pearl Jam show, the 14 year anniversary of my first Pearl Jam show was six days ago. 4.12.94 Orpheum Theater, Boston MA was probably the best setlist I've ever seen:

Set 1 Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State Of Love And Trust, Hard To Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not For You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
    Encore 1 Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, Jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, I've Got a Feeling

the first show was on 4.6.94 at the Springfield Civic Center in Western Mass, much closer to where I live. I wasn't supposed to go to this show but the day of my friend called me from line to tell me that they put a number of tickets back on sale so I rushed down to the arena and got tickets. My friends who were there all spent upwards of $60 from scalpers, I paid $18 flat with no service charges and was able to sneak my way onto the floor. It was a great show for me because I got to hear 5 songs I've never heard before (4 that showed up on Vitalogy and Out of My Mind) After the show, my friends' mom fell asleep and didn't pick us up when she was supposed to (I was 14 at the time) so we waited where the buses come in and out. Was able to shake hands with the whole Mudhoney crew and Dave Abbruzesse came out and talked with everyone for about 15 minutes, signed autographs and was a very cool guy. Eddie eventually came out, I remember thinking how odd it was that he's quite short. He was angry at life back then and wasn't very talkative, I complimented My Generation from the setlist and he gave me a short, sarcastic laugh, and said, "that sucked." Still, he signed autographs and gave everyone a guitar pick (with a rat on one side and "EV" with a lightbulb on the other, which I have since lost) and went back inside. Shortly after, my friends' mom woke up and we got home a little after 1am, and had school in the morning.

Set 1 Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(W.M.A.)/(Androgynous Mind), Why Go, Deep, Rats, Last Exit, State Of Love And Trust, Black, Alive, Porch/(improv)

Encore 1 Not For You, Blood, Yellow Ledbetter, Once, Out of My Mind, improv, My Generation, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Rockin' In The Free World

Encore 2 Spin The Black Circle

the ten club site has an incorrect tracklisting, they don't tag Porch with Hey Hey My My as the site suggests, Eddie just ad libs some lyrics. I've sent them a note to correct it.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    but today is my 14th anniversary of my first pearl jam show! April 11, 1994

Congratulations! I found that show on VHS in 1996. it looked amazing. It was three days after KC died and the video showed one of the most intense shows I can imagine. Every song seems to be coloured by what had just happened. Ed´s exit from the stage was amazing! what a first show to have. Lucky you.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    but today is my 14th anniversary of my first pearl jam show! April 11, 1994:

DATE CITY STATE/COUNTRY VENUE
    1994-04-11 Boston Massachusetts Boston Garden

Set 1 Release, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, Breath, Blood, Daughter/(Hey Hey My My), Why Go(Hold On)/Jeremy, Even Flow, Black, Alive, Porch/(Tearing), Rats, Immortality, Corduroy, Garden, Leash
    Encore 1 Rockin' In The Free World, Happy Trails, Indifference

hahah seems like such a short set now!!!!

ahh the memories
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Awesome GTD, you witness PJ at their prime!!! well to the mass public concert-goers. for us fans, they're better than ever! :p

in 4 days will be my 5th year anniversary. a month and half before i was 21.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    My first:

Hard to believe it's coming up on 16 fucking years!

1992-08-09 Wantagh New York Jones Beach Music Theatre

Description: Lollapalooza

(Summertime Rolls)/Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Even Flow, Garden, Alive, Porch
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    I spent the 16th anniversary of my first PJ show in LA checking out Eddie Vedder at the Wiltern... 4th row....

KILLER NIGHT!!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."