Double Standard Pearl Jam Disser

Just wanted to vent a little... I was at AC/DC last night... it's pretty much groups and couples around us, but the guy next to me and I were solo. So, between the warmup and the main event, I start talking with this pantload about shows we've seen. I tell him Pearl Jam is a great time, and he says he won't go see them because they curse too much in their songs... it's a personal preference thing for him not to embrace that. Oooooo-kay... fair enough. I then mention that he's really screwing me over by not being the hot 40-something single MILF I was hoping would be next to me (alright... I'm a bit of douche, too, but I digress.) He starts pointing out some of the hot women around us, and I note that they're all either with dudes, or they have wedding rings on (he has a wedding ring on himself.) His response, and he harped on it a few times over the break, is pretty much... "Whatever... it's an AC/DC concert... anything goes." So... to this schmuck, it's OK to bang a woman in a committed relationship, but Eddie Vedder is a bad guy for using "fuck" in a few songs. Asshole.
Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
MSG 1 & 2 2010
Montreal 2011
Missoula 2012
Seattle 2013
Denver 2014
Central Park NYC 2015
Sunrise 2016
Wrigley 2 2016
Seattle 1 2018
~~~~~~~
EV NYC 2 2011
RNDM NYC 2012
TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Sometimes nothing else but "fuck" will do.

Also, I'm mightily impressed by "pantload". Well-done!

(from what I've heard, AC/DC has been kicking some serious live ass)
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Dude ,the guy was tool.Clearly

Your at an Ac/DC concert where the drummer killed someone,the last lead singer overdosed and he's trolling for married tail,but I'm going to knock the potty mouths of the family men who support lots of humanitarian causes.Ok! Got it.

I have no respect for dudes who hit on married woman.You should have punch him right in his mangina.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Just throwing this out there...I'm married and don't wear a ring.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    Me too, Foxy.

Well, I guess moreso inconsistent in wearing it - depends on whether or not I've given myself a manicure, and sometimes it just feels cumbersome (physically! So no Freud references please =) )
  • Woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Show me your tits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But don't you say fuck damnit. That's not lady like.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • I hope that guy never ends up next to me at a concert, sporting event, bar, or, well, anywhere on earth. "Fuck" is damn near every other word that comes out of my mouth.
  • Fuck is the world's second most perfect word after the word Love. Put them together and you have an unbeatable combination. "I fucking love......" "Don't you just fucking love....."
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Fuck is the world's second most perfect word after the word Love. Put them together and you have an unbeatable combination. "I fucking love......" "Don't you just fucking love....."

Also works:
    "I love fucking!" "Don't you just love fucking?!"

Also works:
    "I love fucking!" "Don't you just love fucking?!"
    So very true!
    Anyone who doesn't like those words together is missing out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Love fuck.

Fuck love.
  • concertaholicshirtconcertaholicshirt Posts: 263
    edited February 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

hedonist said:

Me too, Foxy.

Well, I guess moreso inconsistent in wearing it ...

Fair enough... then I back off once you tell me. And... I'm not the morality police... I get that there are lifeless marriages, payback infidelities, moments of weakness, etc.... I'm far from perfect, so who am I to judge others on their failings while only knowing a sliver of the story? That said, I think actively being on a mission to hump someone's... anyone's significant other (not just spouse) is higher on the scale of Scumbag Moves than using a bawdy word. I'm funny that way.
    hedonist said:

Word... I posted this mashup of Angus riffs (sort of like the Mike one I did that's linked in my sig.) The man, as well as the band, still have it: https://youtu.be/d2tTXXTXAJ4
    Post edited by concertaholicshirt on
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
    Oh hell yeah, it's about respect in that initial come-on and response. Most men have laid off when I've told them I'm involved / married. One or two have tried to slip through the cracks, so to speak :whistle:

FoxyRedLa said:

hedonist said:

Me too, Foxy.

Well, I guess moreso inconsistent in wearing it ...

Fair enough... then I back off once you tell me. And... I'm not the morality police... I get that there are lifeless marriages, payback infidelities, moments of weakness, etc.... I'm far from perfect, so who am I to judge others on their failings while only knowing a sliver of the story? That said, I think actively being on a mission to hump someone's... anyone's significant other (not just spouse) is higher on the scale of Scumbag Moves than using a bawdy word. I'm funny that way.
    hedonist said:

Word... I posted this mashup of Angus riffs (sort of like the Mike one I did that's linked in my sig.) The man, as well as the band, still have it: https://youtu.be/d2tTXXTXAJ4
    I agree.

This schmuck most likely was putting on a show. Or he could just truly be a pantload.

I've been married 12 years and haven't worn a ring since prolly I don't even remember.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    rr165892 said:

Dude ,the guy was tool.Clearly

Your at an Ac/DC concert where the drummer killed someone,the last lead singer overdosed and he's trolling for married tail,but I'm going to knock the potty mouths of the family men who support lots of humanitarian causes.Ok! Got it.

I have no respect for dudes who hit on married woman.You should have punch him right in his mangina.

THIS, this this!!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    FoxyRedLa said:

My hubs is not currently wearing a ring...after having lost a SECOND one while working....lol his job is dangerous to wedding bands....haha
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Cool story, I lost my wedding ring in the Adriatic near Trieste.

Except I didn't, I lost it a month before at a lake in Ohio lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I've lost 4 rings. I don't wear one now.
    I don't make it a habit of hitting on the ladies either.
    hedonist said:

Oh hell yeah, it's about respect in that initial come-on and response. Most men have laid off when I've told them I'm involved / married. One or two have tried to slip through the cracks, so to speak :whistle:

With a name like Hedonist, don't you have to expect this once in a while? :blush:
    Malroth said:

hedonist said:

With a name like Hedonist, don't you have to expect this once in a while? :blush:
    Still gotta give 'em a :nuh_uh:

I also recently read a story (who knows if true or not - fuck you, internet!) about a fella who lost his ring in the...ahh, umm...nether-regions of his lady.

Took some coffee and time to "retrieve" it.

Oy.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

Malroth said:

hedonist said:

I also recently read a story (who knows if true or not - fuck you, internet!) about a fella who lost his ring in the...ahh, umm...nether-regions of his lady.

Oy.
    Hahaha talk about first world problems!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    hedonist said:

Malroth said:

hedonist said:

Oy.
    Bahaha!! Ewe! Gross!