Options

Get your tickets to the VIP pre-party for Pearl Jam's Fenway Park show $350 each! *8/11 Update

2»

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    edited March 2016

Really great cause... Years ago I created a Red Sox website called Sons of Sam Horn (sonsofsamhorn.net). A few years later Theo Epstein was hired as the Red Sox GM (now the Cubs GM) and he and Peter Gammons got behind this event they called Hot Stove/Cool Music... which Theo kind of took to the next level with his Foundation to Be Named Later charity. Anyway, Sons of Sam Horn was always given dibs on tickets to these sorts of things and they are well worth it. Theo didn't forget his Boston success when he left for Chicago. Great man, great charity, and always a great event. Indulge and enjoy...

I'm a huge SoSH fan! I spend an embarrassing amount of time over there!

Anyways, I agree. Take the fact that the ticket is about $100 (if you were lucky enough to get it through normal sale), it wouldn't be all that hard to drink/eat $250 worth. Add in the fact it all goes to a great charity, and it's a great deal. If I didn't have tix already, I'd be on this.
    Post edited by CantKeepmedown on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    If I had the ching I would go for this.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,953
    Bump!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    wall232 said:

Food, beer, wine and a ticket, i don't think it's that bad, especially considering some of the prices for tickets on stub-hub. At least this is going to charity too.

Agreed. Way better than giving your money to scalpers.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

Really great cause... Years ago I created a Red Sox website called Sons of Sam Horn (sonsofsamhorn.net). A few years later Theo Epstein was hired as the Red Sox GM (now the Cubs GM) and he and Peter Gammons got behind this event they called Hot Stove/Cool Music... which Theo kind of took to the next level with his Foundation to Be Named Later charity. Anyway, Sons of Sam Horn was always given dibs on tickets to these sorts of things and they are well worth it. Theo didn't forget his Boston success when he left for Chicago. Great man, great charity, and always a great event. Indulge and enjoy...

Love that site....nice work.
    9\28\04 - Boston 5\25\06 - Boston 6\28\08 - Mansfield 8\27\09 - Chicago 5\15\10 - Hartford EV - In Providence on the night the Bruins won the Cup! 7\19\13 - Chicago 10\25\13 - Hartford 4\28\16 - Philly 4\29\16 - Philly 8\5\16 - Fenway 8\7\16 - Fenway
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    If I didn't have 10c tix already I d be all over this. The price really isn't that bad.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 346
    If I didn't already have tickets I would be on this too. Given everything included it's better than secondary offerings.
  • Options
    Amount Raised So Far: $4,550
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Still not offered for Night 2?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Still not offered for Night 2?

Maybe when night 1 sells out? Not sure. Would be great if they do.
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Still available.
  • Options
    Tickets still available.
  • Options
    Doesn't look like there will be a night 2 VIP offer for this one.
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    jlbuschjlbusch Posts: 54
    We have tix for Sunday and today my wife asked about tix for friday, they were about 500 for a pair via stub hub but went with this instead for a bit more money at least it goes to a good place!
  • Options
    VIPs rock out at Pearl Jam

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2016/08/07/vips-rock-out-pearl-jam/ILu5FKfhy7HRfA3wXeRdMP/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ReadMore_Pos6

By Emily Sweeney Globe Staff

The Foundation To Be Named Later hosted a special VIP reception on the Budweiser right field roof deck during Pearl Jam’s show at Fenway Park Friday night. Guests included sportswriter Peter Gammons and his wife, Gloria, former Red Sox pitcher Lenny DiNardo, Letters to Cleo guitarist Michael Eisenstein, Boston-based musicians Jen D’Angora and Ed Valauskas, Foundation To Be Named Later executive director Allyce Najimy and Trinity Building and Construction Management president Matthew Kilty. WAAF’s “Hill-Man Morning Show” cohost Lyndon “LB” Byers and sports TV personality Jayme Parker served as emcees for the fund-raiser and auctioned off a guitar signed by Eddie Vedder for $9,000.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options