Options

Has anyone ever attended a concert at Fenway? Not optimistic about non-field seats.

13»

Comments

• Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Providence Posts: 99
    I saw DMB back in the early aughts at Fenway with seats right behind home plate (if I recall correctly, the protective netting for foul tips, broken bats, etc. was left up). The stage seemed a mile away and the sound was not great (cue the DMB cracks...)

All that being said, I will be going to both PJ shows ready to rock my face off. I think the Fenway concert concept was in its infancy back when I last went, so maybe they've ironed things out a bit since. Either way, great band, great fans, great atmosphere... no way I could sit still at home in Providence come August 5th, knowing that only 45 min N PJ is going off!
  • Options

rgambs said:

Speaking of sidewalks, if I got shut out of Fenway or Wrigley I would just tailgate and listen from outside the stadium. No it's not the same, but you can still hear it pretty damn well (it was loud as fuck outside San Siro).

We were dancing in the streets when they did the soundcheck the night before in Wrigley. It was so awesome!
    I wasn't able to get tickets to Wrigley (well, more accurately, wasn't willing to pay the exorbitant aftermarket price) and tried listening to it from outside. My experience was very different - couldn't hear anything at all. Sounded like the band was underwater.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    BS44325 said:

As bad as my upper bowl seats were for the last Wrigley at least I was not forced to evacuate during the rain storm. There was a big party in the upper deck while all the lucky fans in the field had to camp out indoors.

I was on the field and got to leave the field through a door in the left field wall. I was even able to snag a piece of the ivy which was not as easy as it sounds because they had it covered with netting. I looked at it as a bonus behind the scenes tour of a historic venue. It actually made the rain delay a little more bearable.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore