Options

Who would you like to see opening for Pearl jam in Düsseldorf ?

luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
edited March 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I really hope it won't be linkin park. I don't like them, too clean, too electronic, too rap, too steril => no ROCK !
So suggest who you want to see at the gig:

my suggestions: Die Toten Hosen
They are from Dorf, they know what it means to rock a crowd, they are proud sponsors of the soccer club Fortuna Düsseldorf which is playing in the LTU arena and their songs are soundtracks for drinking!

Beatsteaks:
Anyone who has seen them live would agree with me, they are fucking good. Awesome live performance, R.O.C.K.
Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Ben Harper
    Chris Cornell
    Jack Johnson

I'd be really happy with any of those three bands. But I'd really love for it to be an Evening With, though I'm sure that goes without saying.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    luxpjamer wrote:
    I really hope it won't be linkin park. I don't like them, too clean, too electronic, too rap, too steril => no ROCK !
    So suggest who you want to see at the gig:

my suggestions: Die Toten Hosen
    They are from Dorf, they know what it means to rock a crowd, they are proud sponsors of the soccer club Fortuna Düsseldorf which is playing in the LTU arena and their songs are soundtracks for drinking!

Beatsteaks:
    Anyone who has seen them live would agree with me, they are fucking good. Awesome live performance, R.O.C.K.
    Die Toten Hosen: they're still there?? ..got a cd of them..15 years ago! they were quite punk..would be fun...
    but I'd rather Ben Harper or CC of course.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Die Toten Hosen: they're still there?? ..got a cd of them..15 years ago! they were quite punk..would be fun...
    but I'd rather Ben Harper or CC of course.

Yes they are still there, they are very "commercial" now but they are still very funny and rocking live. They are very huge in Germany, they have a great fan community. I really like their old stuff.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Yes they are still there, they are very "commercial" now but they are still very funny and rocking live. They are very huge in Germany, they have a great fan community. I really like their old stuff.
    You say it right there: They are huge in germany. I think they are too huge for PJ. In 2005 they soldout the LTU Arena on their own.
    With that said,Die Toten Hosen would be awesome. :D
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,851
    Einsturzende Neubauten and Arcade Fire.

Maybe Eddie can help EN out with a pneumatic drill. :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Would love to see Wolfmother open for PJ but Ben Harper would be awesome,too!
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    You say it right there: They are huge in germany. I think they are too huge for PJ. In 2005 they soldout the LTU Arena on their own.
    With that said,Die Toten Hosen would be awesome. :D

They could soldout the LTU arena on ten following days ! ;) I would love to see them again. Look at the shows they made in Argentinia !!!!!! That's really crazy. Saw the dvd live in Buenos aires and that was PUNK at it's best...sorry for the people who hate the Hosen but they are really "geil" ;)
  • Options
    die toten hosen would be cool...i am not sure but think they opened for u2
    i don't like their albums, they just work if you are drunk and its really late but live they are probably really...let's say... entertaining

"kein alkohol ist auch keine lösung" or "schiebt den wal zurück ins meer" sung by 20.000 or more pearl jam fans...really funny

but to be more realistic:
    mudhoney

and in my dreams chris cornell (and then they would perform reach down;))
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    Hosen? No thanks ;-). I didn't plan to get that drunk to be able to "enjoy" their show.

@Luthien: The problem might be that there won't be that many people able to sing German or to understand a word ;-). Even in Berlin last year - and that was back then the only Germany gig - I felt that there weren't that many Germans at the concert.
  • Options
    DerBayer wrote:
    Hosen? No thanks ;-).quote]

Not a surprise from someone who calls hisself "DerBayer" ;)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I want a band I have never heard of, who plays sufficiently good music for me to take an interest in, and get their cd after the show.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Who would you like to see opening for Pearl jam in Düsseldorf?

Well you said it yourself..... Who
    I wanna rock n' roll all night and part of every day
  • Options
    Wolfmother...by far the best performance I've ever seen from an opening band for Pearl Jam dating back to the mid-90s. If you haven't seen them live, then you're in for a special treat. Last year in Arnhem, Wolfmother outplayed Pearl Jam, no doubt about it. In Antwerp, Pearl Jam stepped it up after getting embarassed and redeemed themselves. Just imagine if Wolfmother opened for Pearl Jam more often.
  • Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 221
    Hinny wrote:
    I want a band I have never heard of, who plays sufficiently good music for me to take an interest in, and get their cd after the show.

NEW MODEL ARMY..... they like to play in Germany. They actually played the Palladium in Cologne last december. Great show!
  • Options
    Sparta ! After listening to their new record I have to say that would be a great match. Sensational comeback with the new disc and they opened for PJ before.
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Chris Cornell
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    @DerBayer

you're right, but when just 50 % of the people are able to speak german that'll be enough...everyone is able to sing along every hosen song at the second chorus ;)

it would be funny but there are probably better bands ;)
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    Fuck it let's get Rammstein!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I agree.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Wolfmother...by far the best performance I've ever seen from an opening band for Pearl Jam dating back to the mid-90s. If you haven't seen them live, then you're in for a special treat. Last year in Arnhem, Wolfmother outplayed Pearl Jam, no doubt about it. In Antwerp, Pearl Jam stepped it up after getting embarassed and redeemed themselves. Just imagine if Wolfmother opened for Pearl Jam more often.

LOL:D
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    Seems like Interpol according to http://www.tickets.de !
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    mole1985 wrote:
    Fuck it let's get Rammstein!

The worst band ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! an't understand why they are so huge in the states. I've got coworkers who love them and ...celine dion!! It's scary! ;)
  • Options
    lewpotlewpot Posts: 3
    Futureheads too by the looks of it.
  • Options
    Seen the futureheads twice now, good band. Not picked up their second album yet tho, anyone know if it's any good?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    Interpol is the official supporting band so enjoy them they really are a great band!!
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Besides Interpol I would like to see Eskobar, but doubt another band besides the Futureheads will be added.
    your light's reflected now