Any experience with laser hair removal?

I suppose this is mostly a question for the girls here, though I'm open to anyone who's tried it :smile: It's fairly expensive so I'm a little wary of forking out a load of cash for little result. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    no. bump
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    My mom has used an epilator. They are inexpensive and you can do it yourself. She says it works. I haven't tried it. I will when I have more free time too keep up on however often you have to epilate.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

I suppose this is mostly a question for the girls here, though I'm open to anyone who's tried it :smile: It's fairly expensive so I'm a little wary of forking out a load of cash for little result. Any advice would be appreciated!

To the lovely Irish chick - I'm more of a razor-type of woman. Someone I used to work with had it done under her arms (it was expensive, at least by US standards) but effective.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)
  • hedonist said:

To the lovely Irish chick - I'm more of a razor-type of woman. Someone I used to work with had it done under her arms (it was expensive, at least by US standards) but effective.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)
    Cheers :) Same to you!

I use a razor now but have to shave every single day and I cut my legs to bits every time I do. So I need a more permanent solution. Tried epilator before but it didn't work for me
  • None that I'm willing to talk about...
  • I've heard it works only on dark hair. I've got really fair hairs on my arms and legs and I was told to only get underarms and bikini done. I am yet to make an appointment.

Apparently you need at least 5 goes, but everyone I know has been very happy, and they still are a year later. I don't know anyone that's had the lasering done much longer than a year ago. It's definitely pricey but so is your time, if you are shaving daily, it will save your poor legs.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    If I was going to cough up a good amount of money for hair removal, I would spring for electrolysis. It's a little more painful-from what I understand, but the most permanent.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I'm not a fan of excessive body hair.
    I do go a couple times a year for laser hair removal on my back.It works great.After a while it really stunts new growth and what does grow is very fair and fine.I recommend it.
    The wife also used it for under arms.But still regular shaves legs/bikini areas
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    RKCNDY said:

If I was going to cough up a good amount of money for hair removal, I would spring for electrolysis. It's a little more painful-from what I understand, but the most permanent.

It's horrible tried it and never again
    I say stick with laser..
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    If you have dark hair, it works just fine. If you're looking to do it on your legs and you have the money for it, go. I don't think you will regret it if you find a good place/technician.
    RKCNDY said:

Electrolysis is good for little area where there is not much dark hair or for blonde hair. If you are looking to remove hair on a large area with dense black hairs, go with laser or intense pulsed light.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    edited February 2016
    Yeah I'd be dark brown so laser should hopefully work for me. Going for a consultation on Thursday

Cheers for the opinions!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Frickin' Laser Beams!
    What's Mike Myers up to these days I wonder?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Chilling with some ill tempered sea bass.lol