Beggars Can't be Choosers

Seeing people posting "Looking for two GA tickets to Philly Night 2" seems a little specific to me. Shouldn't you be happy to just get in?

I'm all about hooking each other up at face value if we have extra tickets, but shouldn't you just say you're looking to get into the show at face value? You're not only looking to get in, but also want the best tickets? Just seems like a strange request - "Seeking two tickets right in front of the stage for face value......."

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    edited February 2016
    Yeah it's hilarious these people asking for even a pair for an MSG show.
  • Brisk. said:

Yeah it's hilarious these people asking for even a pair for an MSG show.

I don't agree with that. If you don't ask, nobody can help you. But take what you can get of somebody is willing to help.
    But there's already 100 threads.
  • Brisk. said:

But there's already 100 threads.

But if you don't post, you have zero chance.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    it's the people who bump GA only requests several time a day that is funny (and they have less than 100 posts). if i'm hooking up somebody here with face or miracle tix, they need to at least be a active member
  • it's the people who bump GA only requests several time a day that is funny (and they have less than 100 posts). if i'm hooking up somebody here with face or miracle tix, they need to at least be a active member

I can't really say much on that because I just started posting, and only joined last year. PJ has been one of my top five fav bands since Ten came out, just never joined the club.
    edited February 2016

it's the people who bump GA only requests several time a day that is funny (and they have less than 100 posts). if i'm hooking up somebody here with face or miracle tix, they need to at least be a active member

Word!

Also beware of scalpers.
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    wow so now we ( who wasn't lucky in lottery, resale or TM sale ) has become beggars, I know you are referring to those who wants front row/ backstage passes for face... but still some strong words.... that said I'm looking for tickets to Toronto #2 anywhere ( almost )
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • vest71 said:

wow so now we ( who wasn't lucky in lottery, resale or TM sale ) has become beggars, I know you are referring to those who wants front row/ backstage passes for face... but still some strong words.... that said I'm looking for tickets to Toronto #2 anywhere ( almost )

It's just a phrase. It helps you get the point. And it sounds like you agree with the point. Good luck with Toronto, I hope you get in for face value.
  • gotnoname19gotnoname19 Posts: 70
    edited February 2016
    The more I think about it, I think putting "Looking for GA only," might actually hurts your chances of even getting GA. If I had extra GA tickets I'd for sure sell them to somebody who was just dying to get into the show. GA only just seems so entitled and spoiled - I'm only going if I can't be in the best spot. Like a king or a president.
  • it's the people who bump GA only requests several time a day that is funny (and they have less than 100 posts). if i'm hooking up somebody here with face or miracle tix, they need to at least be a active member

I can't really say much on that because I just started posting, and only joined last year. PJ has been one of my top five fav bands since Ten came out, just never joined the club.
    I'm with you there!

Post number two for me but with a join date of 2006 and die hard long before that.
    Check join dates, not post counts.

Anyway, would still love to have two philly2 in the building.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Post number two for me but with a join date of 2006 and die hard long before that.

Joined dates are when people joined in on the forum and NOT the membership start date. Made that mistake this tour season myself with a few folks. Not everyone hopped onto the forum when they became a member. FYI.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Joined dates are when people joined in on the forum and NOT the membership start date. Made that mistake this tour season myself with a few folks. Not everyone hopped onto the forum when they became a member. FYI.
    Oh ok.
    That's strange than. This is my first activity on the forum and my join says 06.
    Oh well. The search continues. I'm just bitter because philly2 will be the first area show I'll miss since 98
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Looking for 1 ticket to MSG 1.... I just want to get in the building ... Kindly PM me with any details ... Thank you :bee:
    EM252254 said:

deadendp said:

EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Oh ok.
    That's strange than. This is my first activity on the forum and my join says 06.
    Oh well. The search continues. I'm just bitter because philly2 will be the first area show I'll miss since 98
    That's what I was told by a 2010 joiner who's a reliable source and a very good friend. Seems to be pretty on target. So many things may have happened in between with the forum, so who knows? That does seem to be the rule now though.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    EM252254 said:

deadendp said:

EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Oh ok.
    Just wondering here...
    Did you purchase something from the shop on the website back in 2006??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:

EM252254 said:

deadendp said:

EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Oh ok.
    Just wondering here...
    Here's my friend now! :waving: Hi, Dave! I forgot that you said about shop purchases, too.
    deadendp said:

derbydave said:

EM252254 said:

deadendp said:

EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Oh ok.
    Just wondering here...
    Here's my friend now! :waving: Hi, Dave! I forgot that you said about shop purchases, too.
    :hang_loose:
    Just checking to see if what I've heard in the past is true!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• derbydave said:

EM252254 said:

deadendp said:

EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Oh ok.
    Just wondering here...
    That is very likely!
    EM252254 said:

derbydave said:

EM252254 said:

deadendp said:

EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Oh ok.
    Just wondering here...
    That is very likely!
    That might explain the '06 "join" date...
    I think the Shop and Forum databases are separate from the membership purchase dates!!
    A registered account is required to make a purchase, redeem a gift card, or post on the boards.
    There was a time when anyone could register an account and post on the PJ Forum,
    but I think now you have to be a 10 Club member to have this privilege!!

• abulrabulr Posts: 80

Seeing people posting "Looking for two GA tickets to Philly Night 2" seems a little specific to me. Shouldn't you be happy to just get in?

I'm all about hooking each other up at face value if we have extra tickets, but shouldn't you just say you're looking to get into the show at face value? You're not only looking to get in, but also want the best tickets? Just seems like a strange request - "Seeking two tickets right in front of the stage for face value......."

Absolutely, couldn't agree more!
    I also find it odd that people think the difference between TM nosebleeds and very good low 10C numbers should be "a round of beers"...

Look, I fully respect the club (and the admins) here wanting to draw a hard line for face-value trades so this doesn't quickly descend into another variation of Stubhub, where people are selling naming-rights to their firstborn for a GA ticket... but at the same time, we should always ask, would we accept the offer the other way?

meaning, would i be willing to accept a nosebleed and a round of beers to give up a GA ticket? (this is of course, a hyperbole, but just sayin'...)

just my $0.02

p.s. i have no problem with the term "beggar", as that is exactly what i am for any show i do not have a ticket and want to get into...
    9/95 N.O. ; 9/96 Randall's 1&2 ; 9/98 Continental ; 9/98 - MSG 1 & 2 ; 5/00 - Wembley ; 8/00 - Jones Beach 1,2&3 ; 7/03 - MSG 1&2 ; 5/06 - Irving Plaza ; 6/06 - Continental 1&2 ; 6/08 - MSG 1&2 ; 6/08 - Beacon ; 10/09 - Spectrum 2&3 ; 05/10 - Prudential ; 05/10 - MSG 1&2; 10/13 - Barclays 1&2 ; 10/14 Memphis ; 9/15 Central Park; 4/16 Philly 2; 5/16 MSG 1&2; 5/16 QC; 8/16 Boston; 8/16 Chicago 1&2; 8/18 Seattle 1&2; 8/18 Boston
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    derbydave said:

EM252254 said:

derbydave said:

EM252254 said:

deadendp said:

EM252254 said:

I'm with you there!

Oh ok.
    Just wondering here...
    That is very likely!
    That might explain the '06 "join" date...
    I think the Shop and Forum databases are separate from the membership purchase dates!!
    A registered account is required to make a purchase, redeem a gift card, or post on the boards.
    There was a time when anyone could register an account and post on the PJ Forum,
    but I think now you have to be a 10 Club member to have this privilege!!
    This is ABSOLUTELY the case, that is why I had to join...I was able to get tickets through the Forum and friends in the Club since the mid 90's! "NEWBIE" here, PAYING newbie, that is ;-) You wanna play you gotta pay! member 500,xxx+ Bahahahahahaha
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • All makes perfect sense now. Join date only tells part of everyone's story.
    That's what I get for assuming!

Thanks for clarifying everyone.