Options

I really don't want this to happen....

RearviewreleaseRearviewrelease Posts: 721
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
So my first concert was Boston II '06. My sister, who actually got me into Pearl Jam, took me last minute so we had crappy seats. It still didn't take away how amazing the show was for me. Now I'm going to Mansfield II and I have 12th row Section 10 behind the covered seats, so they aren't too spectacular. What I really don't want to happen, which happened to me and my sister at Boston II, was that we were the only ones singing along to every single song, and everyone around us was looking at us with evil looks. I'm hoping this concert is out of this world, and I don't wanna have the reservations of not singing along just because some jerks around me don't like me singing...it would really make me angry.
2006/05/25 - Boston
2008/06/30 - Mansfield
2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
2010/05/17 - Boston
2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
2012/09/02 - Made in America
2013/10/17 - Worcester
2013/10/25 - Hartford
2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
2016/08/05 - Fenway
2016/08/07 - Fenway
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If the people around you don't like it, screw 'em. Its you God-given right to sing along (even if you don't know the words)
  • Options
    shanishani Posts: 13
    SCREW 'EM! Have fun and make the concert yours. If they aren't singing...they should be! ROCK ON!!!
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    This is easier to say than do. But the real PJ fan (like yourself) has an independent streak and doesn't really care what others think. You are probably never going to see those idiots again. Do what you feel inside and belt it out. Otherwise you will explode. :) They probably came just because it was the cool thing to do anyways and aren't true fans.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    MikeLammi23MikeLammi23 Posts: 109
    I was at both MSG shows.

The first night I ended up in a section where EVERYONE around me was singing along. I mean to everything! I could not even here myself sing (which was a good thing).

The second night me and my buddy were in a section where we had nobody around us singing, moving, etc., and it's a shame because that really is part of your whole experience at a show.

I understand what you felt like, and what you are worried about. I feel the same way, I care too much what people think, but I didn't at the last show, and we had a great time. We had looks all night long for jumping around, and singing, and fist pumping (and not in a asshole-like way either).

Like kh65 said, you will go crazy if you don't just belt out what you feel you have to. Enjoy the last show of the tour. It has come up wayyyy to quickly.
    10c #TBD

"They said timing was everything, made him want to be everywhere,...there's a lot to be said for nowhere."
    "Let them wash away,... all those yesterdays."

09/10/98, 08/23/00, 08/24/00, 08/25/00, 04/30/03, 07/09/03, 07/14/03, 06/01/06, 06/03/06, 06/24/08, 06/25/08
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    THIS HAPPENS TO ME AS WELL.

in WPB, I TOLD THE GUY NEXT TO ME NOT TO BE ANNOYED BY MY SINGING.

ONE DAY, WHEN I WIN THE LOTTO, I SURELY HOPE THAT THIS DOESN'T OCCUR
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Have as much fun as YOU want to! Most likely, you are never going to see the people around you again!!!

At Columbia, I don't think I stopped singing, dancing, and jumping around. There were several older couples behind us (not that there's anything wrong with that), who sat the entire time. They might have been a little annoyed, but didn't say anything, and I was just too lost in the moment to care!

You might be pleasantly surprised and end up with people like me next to you! ;)

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    This has happened to me before... in the front, surrounded by 10C members! Haha... it's not the norm, though. I'm a very outgoing person so I introduce myself to everyone and try to get to know them a little before the show starts. Everyone enjoys the shows in their own way, and I enjoy it by really getting into the music. Sometimes I get a group just like myself, sometimes they like to just chill and take it in. I tend to block out those around me once the music starts and don't really care if they like/don't like that I get into the show. I can't help it! It's my passion in life and I only get the opportunity once every few years so deal with it !! HAHA.

That being said... enjoy the last show of the tour, I have a feeling it's going to be incredible :)
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    sing ... go ahead, and enjoy ...

just don't be the fucktard that yells "WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" every three seconds, in the middle of every song, and especially in the middle of the quieter songs ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    fuck em, sing your heart out.
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    If the people around you don't like it, screw 'em. Its you God-given right to sing along (even if you don't know the words)
    exactly, just throw in a good "NO, NAY, NEVER" every now and again to ground yourself.
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I was at the show last night and it seemed like there were a lot of, uh, "casual" fans there. I was in the middle of section 7 and there were a few people really rocking out to every song (one dude in a green T-shirt was just relentless) but most were pretty laid back. I felt a little self-conscious going nuts during certain songs...like I flipped out when they started Off He Goes.

I think it does depend on your seat. It was obvious the people in front of me were a lot crazier than the people behind me, and the lawn can be really weak. Everyone has mentioned it already, but the ovation before the second verse of Betterman was unbelievable, a completely spontaneous moment when everyone in the crowd came together and just decided it was going to be the longest Betterman cheer in Pearl Jam history (even if it used up about 2 minutes of time before the curfew).
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.