Options

Tickets to NYC

edvinnilssonedvinnilsson Sundsvall, Sweden Posts: 18
edited February 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello!

I'm traveling with my girlfriend from Sweden to NYC and wasn't able to get tickets via TC or ticketmaster. Will be my first time in the US so I really hope I can make it to one of the shows. Let me know if someone has any tickets to spare. Contact here or by email edvinnilsson@outlook.com.

Sincerely,
Edvin Nilsson
Berlin, Germany (June 30, 2010)
Stockholm, Sweden (July 07, 2012)
Stockholm, Sweden (June 28, 2014)
New York MSG 2, USA (May 02, 2016)
Prague, Czech Republic (July 01, 2018)
Berlin, Germany (June 28, 2019) - Eddie Vedder
Post edited by edvinnilsson on

Comments

• Options
    Bump. :)
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Keep checking stubhub as the concert date nears. The prices on there now should decrease over time.
  • Options

Keep checking stubhub as the concert date nears. The prices on there now should decrease over time.

wanna bet?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited February 2016

wanna bet?
    The prices for MSG 2 are dropping daily right now. Have been watching them pretty closely. Don't know about the first show as I already have tix to that.
  • Options
    AlaG said:

wanna bet?
    The prices for MSG 2 are dropping daily right now. Have been watching them pretty closely. Don't know about the first show as I already have tix to that.
    Good to know. The prices for May 1 haven't changed at all.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options

AlaG said:

wanna bet?
    Good to know. The prices for May 1 haven't changed at all.
    Some solid behind the stage seats in the sub-150 range. Some solid side stage seats in the 170-200 range. Everything front of the stage is definitely up there but prices are falling pretty steadily. Still though, may just swing for behind the stage for this one. Have never experienced it before and honestly would like to do it at least once.
  • Options
    AlaG said:

wanna bet?
    Not in the 100 section

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

AlaG said:

wanna bet?
    Not in the 100 section
    Have given up sitting there already.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    Patience guys. I am looking for a ticket as well. I have faith on a TM drop. If not, worst case we suck it up and pay 250-300 for nosebleeds. Worst case scenario we check box office the day of. I got lucky for Foo Fighters at Wrigley and bought a GA Field ticket at the Wrigley Box office an hour before they took stage
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    AlaG said:

AlaG said:

wanna bet?
    Not in the 100 section
    I see. I've been monitoring sections 104-120 - tickets have gone up about $50 a ticket over the past month and inventory is less than 1/2 of what it was.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options

AlaG said:

AlaG said:

wanna bet?
    Not in the 100 section
    I see. I've been monitoring sections 104-120 - tickets have gone up about $50 a ticket over the past month and inventory is less than 1/2 of what it was.

That's a huge bummer. I'm probably going to sit side stage in the 200s. A few decent seats less than 2x face value. Already have good spots for a few other shows this tour so l just want to be in the building.

Hope you see another price drop, and definitely keep trying to hit up Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    Adi TAdi T New York City Posts: 148
    yeah agree, been monitoring StubHub but the prices haven't dropped. And as someone said I think they actually went up as at the beginning I wasn't too worried about not getting a MSG 1 ticket - thought I could easily do a trade for MSG 2 10 club seats but don't think MSG 2 is in much demand (for whatever reason), or perhaps no one has an extra MSG 1. I sucked it up and bought an expensive StubHub for Philly 1 (right behind GA) but have run out of that kind of cash now. Good luck to you all. I've seen PJ at MSG in almost all corners (300 side stage, 200 front center stage, 109 side stage, floor 4, etc. etc.) and every single show was great (other than 300 side stage which really sucked).
    2003: Camden 7/6 | MSG 7/8 | MSG 7/9
    2006: East Rutherford 6/1 | East Rutherford 6/3
    2008: MSG 6/24 | MSG 6/25 | EV Solo Newark 8/7
    2010: MSG 5/20 | MSG 5/21
    2011: PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/3 | PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/4
    2012: EV Solo Orlando 11/27
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18 | Brooklyn 10/19
    2015: Central Park 9/26 | Mexico City 11/28
    2016: Fort Lauderdale 4/8 | Miami 4/9 | New Orleans 4/23 | Philadelphia 4/27 | MSG 5/1 | MSG 5/2
  • Options
    I've never used StubHub, how does it work? Is it legit? I live in Sweden, how do I get the tickets, by mail or .pdf-files?

Sincerely,
    Edvin
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I've never used StubHub, how does it work? Is it legit? I live in Sweden, how do I get the tickets, by mail or .pdf-files?

Sincerely,
    Edvin

Stubhub is a secondary ticket market.
    It is legit, but there is a SLIGHT chance a ticket or tickets can be fake. (highly unlikely)
    Most of the time, tickets on Stubhub are instant downloads or E-tickets (email) that you print at home when they become available in your stubhub account or email.
    There is also a UPS option which is most cases you get hard traditional ticket stubs shipped to you instead of something you print out at home.
    I've NEVER had a problem with Stubhub tickets.
    If you have a problem with your tickets upon entry at the arena, call their customer service immediately.
    Create an account, and monitor ticket prices....You may pay a lot more than you want to for these MSG shows.

Post edited by pearldavidson on
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

Sincerely,
    Edvin

im not advocating using or not using stubhub, but for someone coming from another country who may have limited access to tickets and a limited amount of time to search, they are the most reliable of all the ticket brokers. they all have their issues and sometimes screw the customer, but stubhub does it far less than the others. as was mentioned you will either get a pdf to download or the tickets will be mailed to you. stubhub really tries to make sure the seller actually has the tickets or else they will get penalized. other sites will simply say "sorry we will refund your money" by selling tickets they dont ever have and hope they can acquire them cheaper than they sold you before the show. if they cant get them, you get your money back and thats end of story.

the protection policy for SH states that if you are sold a fake ticket, they will get you a replacement of a similar or better seat. if that is not available (rare but does happen), you get your money back, so that is your worst case scenario. if you do go through with them in the end, i would advise getting in to Madison Square Garden as early as possible, on the small (maybe 1% chance) that the ticket is not legit. This way there will still be a larger pool of available tickets for stubhub to replace a fake with from their inventory and get you that ticket.

It's not ideal, but they are best of the bunch when it comes to that.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    I have never had an issue with Stubhub, other than the fact the highly overcharge people to see their favorite bands, but hey people still buy them with the mark ups. Either way, they are legit and hold true to there word. Often times in larger cities actually have a Stubhub store that you can walk in and get your tickets in hand
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options

I have never had an issue with Stubhub, other than the fact the highly overcharge people to see their favorite bands, but hey people still buy them with the mark ups. Either way, they are legit and hold true to there word. Often times in larger cities actually have a Stubhub store that you can walk in and get your tickets in hand

It's not StubHub itself that's directly responsible for the markups, it's the individuals who list their tickets StubHub.
  • Options
    True, however the 15% they charge the seller in combination with the 10% they charge the buyer contributes to a higher mark up. Sellers figure in the 15% they have to kick back to Stubhub so they work it in their price. If the seller wants to walk away with $300 for a ticket, they list it for 345 because they know they have to kick back 15% to Stubhub. Buyer then purchases it at $345 but really pays $379.50 when they tack on the buyer 10% fee. What I am getting at is that they contribute to the problem. Someone who really could've paid $300 for a ticket if they were to meet the seller on the street ends up having to pay an extra 79.50 for Stubhub, which coincidentally is about what a ticket goes for at face value.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    AlaG said:

It's not StubHub itself that's directly responsible for the markups, it's the individuals who list their tickets StubHub.
    Correct. Stubhub's inventory consists of private sellers... Stubhhb tacks on a fee, which sucks, but is still the preferred broker for the secondary market.... Fuck bots and scalpers tho !!!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    it sounds a bit like la cosa nostra, insurance for bad guys who cant go to the cops, LMAO
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    PS just scored a single on Tmaster night 2, nosebleed row 2 set 2, but in the building
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    rssesq said:

PS just scored a single on Tmaster night 2, nosebleed row 2 set 2, but in the building

Everyone, thank you for explaining this to me. :)

@rssesq Did you get yours via TM, is that possible when it's sold out? How did you do that?

Sincerely,
    Edvin
  • Options
    There was a TM ticket drop yesterday evening around 4 or 5 PM eastern time US. It seems to me most people were scoring single tickets. Even if TM says it's sold out, it's probably not. Ticket drops happen every once in a while.
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161

is that possible when it's sold out? How did you do that?

Sincerely,
    Edvin

There are always tix held back from the initial sale for every event. Sometimes stage configuration takes up less space than originally planned for, and they always have tix set aside for family/friends/guests/radio stations/giveaways/etc., that end up not being used. I've gotten great seats and GA for many shows the week before or the day of because of this. :)

• Options
    edited March 2016

There are always tix held back from the initial sale for every event. Sometimes stage configuration takes up less space than originally planned for, and they always have tix set aside for family/friends/guests/radio stations/giveaways/etc., that end up not being used. I've gotten great seats and GA for many shows the week before or the day of because of this. :)

You don't say? I will surely try, I guess they release tix at random time?

Sincerely,
    Edvin
  • Options

You don't say? I will surely try, I guess they release tix at random time?

Sincerely,
    Edvin
    Yes. Very random, which makes it difficult.
  • Options

Yes. Very random, which makes it difficult.

I see, still looking and trying on TM.

Sincerely,
    Edvin
  • Options
    Still in the search of..

Thank you,
    Edvin
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    FYI
    http://cashortrade.org is an excellent peer to peer site...selling and/or trading tickets at face value...definitely worth checking out
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...