Options

Come Back to Saratoga Springs!

Androgynous MindAndrogynous Mind Posts: 520
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
PJ needs to come back to Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC). It has been too long, not since the 2000 tour. Great place for concerts with amazing acoustics.
Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    And me - its very close.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    delve1delve1 Posts: 9
    great lawn
  • Options
    You know it, amazing lawn. SPAC is my favorite place to see live concerts.

I also think they need to play another 3-day show at Jones Beach on Long Island. That would be amazing.
  • Options
    pjamfreak wrote:
    What about connecticut or new hampshire ?

Hell yeah, they are all within a nice drive of me. SPAC and Jones Beach are just two amazing venues where you can enjoy PJ outdoors.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867
    man that was my first concert, what an awesome show that ill never forget. Id love to see em play back there, and i'm sure its the best open air(forget what tehyre called, not arena but) place ive ever seen a show.

man now i wanna go see pearl jam again, how much are plane tix to Australia nowadays?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj wrote:
    man that was my first concert, what an awesome show that ill never forget. Id love to see em play back there, and i'm sure its the best open air(forget what tehyre called, not arena but) place ive ever seen a show.

man now i wanna go see pearl jam again, how much are plane tix to Australia nowadays?

They are called ampitheaters
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Saratoga Springs is a nice place, but I'd rather they came to Buffalo!!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    SPAC is quite the the venue! I went this past summer in June to see NIN and they sounded AMAZING compared to the Blue Cross Arena. It's such a nice venue. The only complaint is that the GA Pit holds only 50-75 people. NIN tickets got screwed up when I went and there was only about 25 people in the pit. Other than that it is a great venue. A little bit out of my way (5 hour drive) but it is a cool place. In between songs all Trent could say was "It is Fuck.Ing. Hot Up...Here" because it was a scorcher that day.

But I would have them rather come to Rochester or Buffalo because of how much closer the venues are to me. If they come to Buffalo or Rochester and Erie PA this next leg I'll probably see them twice.
  • Options
    SPAC is quite the the venue! I went this past summer in June to see NIN and they sounded AMAZING compared to the Blue Cross Arena. It's such a nice venue. The only complaint is that the GA Pit holds only 50-75 people. NIN tickets got screwed up when I went and there was only about 25 people in the pit. Other than that it is a great venue. A little bit out of my way (5 hour drive) but it is a cool place. In between songs all Trent could say was "It is Fuck.Ing. Hot Up...Here" because it was a scorcher that day.

But I would have them rather come to Rochester or Buffalo because of how much closer the venues are to me. If they come to Buffalo or Rochester and Erie PA this next leg I'll probably see them twice.

yes it is. I saw tom petty and the heartbreakers (lawn seats which were awesome) and 311 front row tickets (which were unbelievable). Two of the best shows i have ever seen and part of that is attributed to SPAC
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Saw The Who there in 1971... 28,000 people...very cool.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    Springsteen had an amazing show there in 84. I think my parents were there.
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Options
    Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    I would love PJ at SPAC again, it was one of the best PJ shows I've seen but they need to turn the fuck up, I was in the front(clutching the rail) of the lawn and it was hard to hear at times, I've never been to a show where the volume was so low, it might have been where I was but it needed to be much louder.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    Bob Weir wrote:
    I would love PJ at SPAC again, it was one of the best PJ shows I've seen but they need to turn the fuck up, I was in the front(clutching the rail) of the lawn and it was hard to hear at times, I've never been to a show where the volume was so low, it might have been where I was but it needed to be much louder.

When I saw 311 front row this year my ears were ringing for a whole day. It was fuckin loud there. They must have made some changes since your last show
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'll settle with Pearl Jam in Buffalo!!!!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    I'll settle with Pearl Jam in Buffalo!!!!

I will take Buffalo as well. They really just need to play more shows in New York.
  • Options
    pjamfreak wrote:
    Am i a dummy ? Hartford is in Connecticut..what about Maine ? i know recently that state said no to alcohol on stage for musiciens !! maybe that why pearl jam didnt come to Maine ...What about that law ?

I dont know anything about that law but that is bullshit. In albany eddie pounded a bottle of red wine and then hit the Heinekens. Ed isnt the smae not drunk on stage!
  • Options
    really i just want pj to play again in 2007 and would love one show at SPAC. but i am willing to go anywhere, just COME BACK for '07