what was wrong with Ottawa sale ???

vest71vest71 Posts: 239
was it only vocals that could buy tickets to Ottawa show ?
Burn my eyes and try to blind me
Bury me so they won't find me
Try to suck my power empty
Got no crown of thorns on me

Comments

• iammine16iammine16 Posts: 831
    I was able to get a pair in the upper level only
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • www.capitaltickets.ca is were you get your Ottawa tickets
  • Chris519Chris519 Posts: 150
    Yeah, I got 4 in the uppers for friends but was expecting to do a lot better than that
  • GliptorGliptor Posts: 14
    edited January 2016
    I have 4 seats together in 300's that I need to sell if anyone is looking to buy! Face value.

Now sold.
    Post edited by Gliptor on
  • I was looking for a single and only could got an upper level single. Seems like it sold out in about 30 seconds
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Chris519Chris519 Posts: 150
    Gliptor said:

I have 4 seats together in 300's that I need to sell if anyone is looking to buy! Face value.

What section?
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    on capitalticket.ca i have this all day ev9.evenue.net ... and then no response
  • My friend got Section 102, but I have to say that I was helping one of my friends get tickets but all we were pulling up were the nosebleeds. Super strange!
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397
    I pulled 3 tickets in 102 for a friend one time and then it crashed and i lost them. After that it was all 300lvl.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • No you don't need vocals to get tickets. Type on your computer. If you talk out loud what you want your computer to do it won't do anything.
  • My wife believes she got tickets. Credit card was charged. But no confirmation email yet. She uses a UK email (not sure why). Would that have anything to do with it.? Should I be worried?
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436

No you don't need vocals to get tickets. Type on your computer. If you talk out loud what you want your computer to do it won't do anything.

hahaha
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397

My wife believes she got tickets. Credit card was charged. But no confirmation email yet. She uses a UK email (not sure why). Would that have anything to do with it.? Should I be worried?

charges on your credit card are a good sign. If you are concerned call or email the venue and i bet they can sort it out for you. That site was not up to the task of handling that sort of traffic today, so it wouldnt surprises me if a confirmation email got lots in the mix somehow.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    vest71 said:

was it only vocals that could buy tickets to Ottawa show ?

Is that how Ed keeps Stone from getting good tickets, by not letting him sing?
  • My wife believes she got tickets. Credit card was charged. But no confirmation email yet. She uses a UK email (not sure why). Would that have anything to do with it.? Should I be worried?

Garth Brooks ticket confirmation email took a few hours when a relative got some for the recent Ottawas sale too, so I wouldn't worry as long as the cc is charged.
  • spryguy09spryguy09 Posts: 446

No you don't need vocals to get tickets. Type on your computer. If you talk out loud what you want your computer to do it won't do anything.

Too funny
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • I have two Ottawa tickets for sale. 303 section. Nothing great, but the offer is there for face value. PM me.
  • ZidaneZidane Posts: 362
    I feel like a bunch of Sens season ticket holders took advantage of the pre-sale and actually bought some good tickets. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of those on sale in the next months... for double the price!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    Zidane said:

I feel like a bunch of Sens season ticket holders took advantage of the pre-sale and actually bought some good tickets. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of those on sale in the next months... for double the price!

That was my back up plan if I didn't get tenclub tickets. My friend who I am going with has season tickets and his account manager told him they were $109 a piece to get presale tickets. Not sure what seast those were or if it were +HST. If so it would have been a couple bucks cheaper than 10c tix.
  • The Ottawa show sold out in like 30 minutes... aside from rear/obstructed view tickets. I had 4 tickets in section 101 and let them go since I had 10c tickets already. Everyone who were afraid that the american dollar would make us pay way more for the 10c tickets should be relieved that the regular tickets came to 107$, just 5$ less than the 10c tickets... I'm totally fine with that!!! 10c paid off for me!
  • No you don't need vocals to get tickets. Type on your computer. If you talk out loud what you want your computer to do it won't do anything.

https://youtu.be/hShY6xZWVGE
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,
    I am fuel, you are friends, we got the means to make amends
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    I am right by your side.

Ottawa 2011
    London 2013
    Ottawa 2016
    Boston 1 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • ally12ally12 Posts: 68
    The way it works for season holders is that they get first dibs on their actual all year round seats. If they are in the rear of the stage,they want all eight or their season seats are in the allocated 10C sections that are in the side 100L, they get moved around. Sens staff had staff buy but only in section 201/202 and 220/221. The rest 100 level on the sides were 10c along with first few rows behind ga as 10C promised. So on public sale today basically what was left was back of 200L and 300L and some limited 100 L.

As a lot of people see today on 2nd party websites tickets being sold. In most cases it is the actual sens ticket holder selling the tickets. Some account managers just allocate concert tickets in hopes of the holder wanting to buy them so they get a commission. Because at the season end all reps have a ticket quota to meet. All tickets as we know are final so the holder is stuck with them. Then they price them at the actual cost of their seat. Which we all know isn't 80.00 dollars.

I used to work at capital tickets and this happens all the time. Standard company line is the "artist controls the tickets, Canadian tire centre is just the host". Which is true because once concert day comes around , everyone is on pins and needles. Mangers scrambling to get event coordinators what they want, making sure the roadies have everything, the band is secured during sound check. When I worked there I saw security diligently working the outside for scalpers and ask them to leave. Another thing to keep advised is this is a NHL arena, the NHL initiated a security checkpoint at the front door this year, similar to airport security walk through scanners. If you are in GA, keep that in mind as you have an extra step along with bag checks once the doors open. It won't be like the doors open and it is a mad rush, they check all bags single file. Once you are in the rink you can make a mad dash down the stairs.So like I have said before I am fortunate that I got 10c reserved tickets because it will be the best experience regardless if it cost me an extra $20.00
    2005: Ottawa / 2011: Ottawa / 2016: Ottawa / 2022: Ottawa / 2022:Quebec City /  2024: Vancouver / 2024: Vancouver / 2024: New York City
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I have a pair of TC reserved. Not first come first serve but I'll randomly pick someone if more than once person is interested. Please pm me. Face value only and I want nothing else in return.
  • GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ Posts: 1,080

Hahahaha! This is the funniest post I've read today!
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, Las Vegas 1 & 2
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    hahahaha didn't see that ....
  • ajflickerajflicker Posts: 166
    ally12 said:

The way it works for season holders is that they get first dibs on their actual all year round seats. If they are in the rear of the stage,they want all eight or their season seats are in the allocated 10C sections that are in the side 100L, they get moved around. Sens staff had staff buy but only in section 201/202 and 220/221. The rest 100 level on the sides were 10c along with first few rows behind ga as 10C promised. So on public sale today basically what was left was back of 200L and 300L and some limited 100 L.

As a lot of people see today on 2nd party websites tickets being sold. In most cases it is the actual sens ticket holder selling the tickets. Some account managers just allocate concert tickets in hopes of the holder wanting to buy them so they get a commission. Because at the season end all reps have a ticket quota to meet. All tickets as we know are final so the holder is stuck with them. Then they price them at the actual cost of their seat. Which we all know isn't 80.00 dollars.

I used to work at capital tickets and this happens all the time. Standard company line is the "artist controls the tickets, Canadian tire centre is just the host". Which is true because once concert day comes around , everyone is on pins and needles. Mangers scrambling to get event coordinators what they want, making sure the roadies have everything, the band is secured during sound check. When I worked there I saw security diligently working the outside for scalpers and ask them to leave. Another thing to keep advised is this is a NHL arena, the NHL initiated a security checkpoint at the front door this year, similar to airport security walk through scanners. If you are in GA, keep that in mind as you have an extra step along with bag checks once the doors open. It won't be like the doors open and it is a mad rush, they check all bags single file. Once you are in the rink you can make a mad dash down the stairs.So like I have said before I am fortunate that I got 10c reserved tickets because it will be the best experience regardless if it cost me an extra $20.00

ally12 said:

How do you know this? Is all CTC arena reserved seats on the sides?
  • ally12ally12 Posts: 68
    I used to work there. They accomadate their season seat owners be fore any artist fan club
    2005: Ottawa / 2011: Ottawa / 2016: Ottawa / 2022: Ottawa / 2022:Quebec City /  2024: Vancouver / 2024: Vancouver / 2024: New York City
    ally12 said:

I used to work there. They accomadate their season seat owners be fore any artist fan club

That blows...i have #535xxx so i guess its the floor for me tmw.
    ajflicker said:

ally12 said:

ally12 said:

The way it works for season holders is that they get first dibs on their actual all year round seats. If they are in the rear of the stage,they want all eight or their season seats are in the allocated 10C sections that are in the side 100L, they get moved around. Sens staff had staff buy but only in section 201/202 and 220/221. The rest 100 level on the sides were 10c along with first few rows behind ga as 10C promised.

Post seems confusing. You sayin the season ticket holders get moved into the 10c side area? And the rest of the lower bowl is 10c?