Options

Austria Festival

JimmyjamhJimmyjamh Posts: 90
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
During the Wembley gig, Eddie said they had played a Shi* gig in Austria,
Was anyone there? Why was it so bad?

I noticed it was a really short set but I just assumed that was because it was a festival?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Ed says this type of thing all the time. The last audience, city or event sucked, blew, too hot, too cold “we’re so happy to be here.” I was listening to Charlotte 03 yesterday and he just hammed on Raleigh which was the pervious city played. Classic Ed.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    i was there

it was a very sloppy gig, the band was all over the place.... they only played 17 songs or so

equipment kept cutting out and stuff.... damaged...
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    It was a good show, IMO, but nothing really special. They were OK, maybe in a weird mood, cause of Venice the day before, and some equipment got ruined.

I seriously dont think they enjoy doing festivals other than in Portugal and Spain.
    But it was probably cause of Venice. The set was good, Light Years were great.
    Moshing thru those 30sec to mars and LP fans was worth it, esp seeing Ed giving the tambourine to Einat and coming our way to the Irish guy...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I doubt they did not enjoy Nova Rock which was really good but not comparable to their Vienna gig in September!!! However they had to stop earlier because of :confused: fuckin fireworks!!! :mad:
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Ricsard wrote:
    I doubt they did not enjoy Nova Rock which was really good but not comparable to their Vienna gig in September!!! However they had to stop earlier because of :confused: fuckin fireworks!!! :mad:
    Is that why they had to make it shorter? Thats odd...
    They started late too. about 15 mins. I thought the shows gonna be on time, cause all the other bands played exactly as scheduled...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"