Options

Toronto Night two?

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941

Just want to make people aware. Not that I wouldn't but, 110 - 117 sections are side and back stage. But still in the building.

Did you find a ticket for yourself yet?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    Looks like night 2 is sold out
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110

This is the thing - "in the building". I have never had "bad" seats at a PJ show. I don't care if I can see the sweat on Eddie's face or not, it's not about the visual experience. I would rather have behind the stage seats than none at all.

EXACTLY....it's an f'n rock show...one you won't want to miss...it's about the energy in the building, getting goosebumps when the crowd goes nuts when the first enter all the way through until they leave!
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    DN36753 said:

Thanks Pearl Jam you really fucked up this second toronto show. No word , no 10c pre-sale this is bullshit!

I've been shut-out every time in the lottery (3 times).

There was much talk on the boards these past few days about a second Toronto show happening. I just kept hitting F5 after it was clear I would SOL for Night #1. In the end I got a pair of tickets in 119 row 2 (amazing seats). The lottery has been no friend to me, that's for sure.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,004
    I wonder why this show wasn't annouced ahead of time. I find it really odd that it just dropped on TM even though there were rumours of it happening. I wish TC would've confirmed this ahead of time
  • Options
    apparently i don't know what a street name is
  • Options
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    benjs said:

Just want to make people aware. Not that I wouldn't but, 110 - 117 sections are side and back stage. But still in the building.

Nope, how about you?
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options

benjs said:

Nope, how about you?
    I've got one in 110 and one in 121 - my 121 will probably be up for grabs soon!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    benjs said:

benjs said:

Nope, how about you?
    My friend was skunked, I'll take em!
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    benjs said:

benjs said:

Nope, how about you?
    I'll certainly take you up on that. My savior!

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    edited January 2016
    Hawk123 said:

I wonder why this show wasn't annouced ahead of time. I find it really odd that it just dropped on TM even though there were rumours of it happening. I wish TC would've confirmed this ahead of time

Very simple. You have to quit putting PJ and Ten Club on a pedestal. They (the band) actually like making TONS of money. They don't care as much about their fans as many like to believe (albeit they are probably much better than most and probably could gouge fans even more). They wanted to sell out the ACC twice over. This method guaranteed that it would happen.

Those two shows made about 3.5 million dollars (not including "service fees"). I imagine it was a profit of AT LEAST half that.
    Post edited by moses-i on
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options
    moses-i said:

Hawk123 said:

Very simple. You have to quit putting PJ and Ten Club on a pedestal. They (the band) actually like making TONS of money. They don't care as much about their fans as many like to believe (albeit they are probably much better than most and probably could gouge fans even more). They wanted to sell out the ACC twice over. This method guaranteed that it would happen.
    Fair point, I just find it irritating, if they knew it was happening then just let us know. Even if it's an hour before they go on sale.
  • Options

benjs said:

benjs said:

Nope, how about you?
    I'm going to have to beat everyone else here off with a stick! Get away people, Nothing to be seen here!

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    NWOntario said:

Yeah, GAs were sold. I got four, then did the "I GOT FUCKING GAS" dance.

So did we figure out what the GA was for Night II ? I got FLR L Row 1, where is GA, in front of that you think?
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    edited January 2016
    GA is in front of FLR L, R & C
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    looking for 2 in GA! ... :blush:
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    edited January 2016
    Hawk123 said:

moses-i said:

Hawk123 said:

Fair point, I just find it irritating, if they knew it was happening then just let us know. Even if it's an hour before they go on sale.
    I agree. They probably didn't "know" until night 1 was sold out (i.e. we are not doing a night 2 unless it is economically expedient) . I remember Kanye doing the same thing. But there was more than a few minutes notice.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options

benjs said:

benjs said:

Nope, how about you?
    I'm going to have to beat everyone else here off with a stick! Get away people, Nothing to be seen here!
    You need no stick :) You were ready to hook me up for night two, of course the ticket's yours!

EV
  • Options
    goldenegg said:

GA is in front of FLR L, R & C

I got in so fast (I'd say inside 30 seconds I had tickets) I did select best available Makes no sense to me. How many GA did they have to purchase why wouldn't tm offer them to me. Hmm.
  • Options
    Glorified_NGlorified_N Posts: 57
    edited January 2016
    I may have 2 RESERVED seats up for grabs for Toronto 2...will know for sure in a couple days ...if anyone is interested let me know. sec 103, row 14 seats 1&2

had to edit that because I wrote GA but they're actually not...
    Post edited by Glorified_N on
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Have 2 in 315 face value
  • Options

I may have 2 general admission seats up for grabs for Toronto 2...will know for sure in a couple days ...if anyone is interested let me know. sec 103 seats 1&2

I'll take them!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I did not read this thread. It's now 4 pages long. But I had tix 3 times and then kept getting an error. Waited 45 minutes to talk to TM. They confirmed only single seats are left!

Again soooo sorry haven't read. But looking for 3 tix for night 2. Please PM me if you read this before I can catch up on this thread!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Nope, how about you?
    You need no stick :) You were ready to hook me up for night two, of course the ticket's yours!
    Thanks Benjs. I want your computer. Mine never got off the sorry......page. Did see a lot of rivers and mountains though

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,508
    The way this 2nd night went down is the way its gone down for every other artist i have ever purchased shows to. U2, Springsteen, you-name-it. Ed and Jeff arent sitting there, dumping tickets into a ticketmaster site. Its a contract that gets signed by the management and TM long long before this sale took place. Its pretty much industry standard. The band, thankfully, DO have an actual fan club that has actual seniority. U2, Springsteen fans would KILL for something like this.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options

benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Nope, how about you?
    Thanks Benjs. I want your computer. Mine never got off the sorry......page. Did see a lot of rivers and mountains though
    I never want to see a god damn river, mountain, coffee, flower, bowl of ice cream again.

EV
  • Options
    Glad I booked the flight out May 12....I knew it! Yeaaaa my cost per show just dropped, always a nice mental break when I check the CC statement
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Vedd Hedd said:

The way this 2nd night went down is the way its gone down for every other artist i have ever purchased shows to. U2, Springsteen, you-name-it. Ed and Jeff arent sitting there, dumping tickets into a ticketmaster site. Its a contract that gets signed by the management and TM long long before this sale took place. Its pretty much industry standard. The band, thankfully, DO have an actual fan club that has actual seniority. U2, Springsteen fans would KILL for something like this.

I have never had a problem getting tickets for a U2 show through their fan club. Same can't be said for 10C. There was certainly a time when I would have agreed that 10C was better in terms of access to tickets, but that time is long past.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,508
    PeterED said:

Vedd Hedd said:

I have never had a problem getting tickets for a U2 show through their fan club. Same can't be said for 10C. There was certainly a time when I would have agreed that 10C was better in terms of access to tickets, but that time is long past.
    Agreed, but thats probably because u2 does 15 straight shows in a city. :)

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission