Options

Ten Club Tickets for Sale on Stubhub - Policy Violation?

MonteNMonteN New Jersey Posts: 9
I'm waiting anxiously for tickets to go on sale at noon today, and I figured I'd check Stubhub to see what was there. Turns out that there are already GA tickets available for a few venues, Philly for one, for prime seating, and are being sold at ridiculous amounts ($800+).

As a huge fan who didn't have any luck in the 10C ticket draw, this really bothers me because it looks like some people are taking advantage of the 10C's generosity and then scalping tickets.

Is there anything that can be done to help prevent this kind of behaviour in the future, or is that just the way it goes?
2005 - St. John's 2011 - Hartford (EV) 2014 - Amsterdam
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jenniejennie Posts: 2
    We are in the same boat. It gets more and more difficult to see the band we love. Incredibly frustrating and disappointing.
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    That's a no no. I'm sure you can get stripped of your 10c membership for that.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Very disappointing. Just tried (unsuccessfully) to get tickets for either NY show. Looked like they sold out in a few minutes...and then sure enough within a few more minutes Stubhub was plastered with NY tickets for at least 3x the price.

Wish there was a better process...
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Yeah, bud. Me too. Ticketmaster blows. Unfortunately not much we can do. If I don't win 10c tickets I'm shit out of luck because I never have any success with Ticketmaster.

This is from the ticket policy, by the way.

"* Reselling Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in the revocation of all future ticket privileges."

I don't know if that means reselling them above face value just on this forum is a violation or if it's a violation on any ticket sites across the board.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    Hopefully it applies to across the board. Sadly, I don't know how enforceable it is unless they have some system in place to track the resales by ticket number. Maybe we need to quit our day jobs and invent that.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,484

I don't think a stub hub sale of 10c tickets is possible, and here's why:

I'm pretty sure the only options are electronic delivery of PDF files, or physical delivery via UPS (physical delivery postings expire either 48 or 72 hours before the event).

I don't believe there is an option to meet the buyer on the day of the show, and 10c tickets are only available on the day of the show.

I could be mistaken, but I do sell a share of my Bruins season tickets on SH, and I'm only familiar with those two delivery options. I've never seen an 'in person' delivery option advertised.
  • Options
    Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 199

I don't think a stub hub sale of 10c tickets is possible, and here's why:

I'm pretty sure the only options are electronic delivery of PDF files, or physical delivery via UPS (physical delivery postings expire either 48 or 72 hours before the event).

I don't believe there is an option to meet the buyer on the day of the show, and 10c tickets are only available on the day of the show.

I could be mistaken, but I do sell a share of my Bruins season tickets on SH, and I'm only familiar with those two delivery options. I've never seen an 'in person' delivery option advertised.

I was literally about to ask how could someone sell 10C tickets since we don't get them until the day of the show. I would be highly suspicious of those tickets since they are likely frauds.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Interesting. Is there a way to communicate with the seller on SH otherwise?
  • Options
    MonteN said:

Not that I'm aware of.

Check the 'delivery' of the tickets.

I can almost guarantee you they aren't 10c tickets. Maybe frauds, maybe something else, but not 10c tix.
  • Options
    Well that makes me feel better. The will call policy is definitely smart.
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Probably a family member of someone with ownership of the arena....I mean what you supposed to give them $8000 and expect them to meet day of show....
  • Options

Don't give up hope.

Keep checking TM between now & the show. Add'l ticket drops happen a lot more than people realize.

There's almost always a few tickets available on TM the week of / day of the show.

Good luck dude, I hope you get to your show.
  • Options
    Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 199

MonteN said:

Not that I'm aware of.

I can almost guarantee you they aren't 10c tickets. Maybe frauds, maybe something else, but not 10c tix.
    There are 8 GA tickets listed on Stubhub for Tampa and the method of delivery says UPS. I wonder if the UPS truck has a Flux Capacitor.

https://www.stubhub.com/pearl-jam-tickets-pearl-jam-tampa-amalie-arena-4-11-2016/event/9506585/
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Dr. Matt said:

MonteN said:

Not that I'm aware of.

There are 8 GA tickets listed on Stubhub for Tampa and the method of delivery says UPS. I wonder if the UPS truck has a Flux Capacitor.

https://www.stubhub.com/pearl-jam-tickets-pearl-jam-tampa-amalie-arena-4-11-2016/event/9506585/
    SH does offer a 100% money back guarantee (I've also heard of them sending substitute tickets to replace fraudulent / bad tickets - maybe not the same section or value, but tickets nonetheless)

I do not know 10c's policy regarding buying PJ tix on SH.
  • Options
    10c tickets are only availavle on will call at the office of the Arena the same day of the event...need ID too. If you uses Sh , you,LL have to trust the seller or the buyer
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    philly show had ga option . i didn't get one
  • Options
    I don't think it is possible to sell any 10c tickets electronically. You have to show ID to pick them up and there are no transfers. So I agree with previous posts on that. On a related note, I may have an extra GA for night two of NYC shows. I will know this weekend for sure and post in a separate thread. Hoping to trade for nyc night one ticket or sell at face value to a true fan. If interested watch for a new thread from me by Monday. I'll post on this thread if my friend is able to go or not.
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Prolly a season ticket holder or inside privileged source
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    All GA tickets were removed from SH, as they cannot deliver will call, no SH Ten Club tickets will work. Other brokers / 3rd party marketplaces can and will do this as they can broker the deal for their commission and the ten club member, (violating their Ten Club policy) will pick up the ticket and pass it off to the purchaser and it will be sold. The broker / marketplace will collect their commission, and that is the reality of the situation. There is virtually no way to enforce that violation. StubHub does not operate that way.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2