Unemployable

I couldn't sleep and so I find myself feeling the need to tell my story.

I always loved the song Unemployable. I think it is one of those songs where Eddie works his magic and gets into the skin of his chief character. Recently things got ugly at work and now I find myself in the position of the chief character. Although I haven't left the organisation and in all honesty I don't plan on doing so. I might have to, but I won't just lay down easily. And it may well be that they are trying to scare me in to leaving.
Having the law on my side does feel good and gives me some hope. The situation may chance for the better. They have to make a decision. Either set me to work on a location or pay me off. I have recieved a first offer that logically came as part of the meeting I have with the head of personnel. It is a rediculess off that according to both the union as a lawyer doesn't meet the standerd of the new law nor does it reflect the proper way it should be signed up. On top of that the things they say I did (which in most part I disagree with) and the actions they took do not nearly meet the proper procedure.
A judge will rule that my employer should do more to get me a fitting job after my old one got chancelled due to budget cuts and reforms. Although that might be the case my employer might put pressure on our working relationship in which case a judge will fing ground to cancel my contract. However my lawyer said, that in situation where such is the case a judge will always place blame on the employer and so up the fine they have to pay for cancelling the contract on such ground.

However unpleasant the whole situation is it isn't even the biggest factor that bugs me. The head of personnel for the organisation where I work is questioning my work ethic and that hurts. I work in the youth care system. I am passionate about my work and the youngsters I meet. I used to work with kids, but now I have to work with teenagers. That is something different altogether, although at the core it is the same. I can make a difference by being real and seeing who they are. Establish a bound and make that the base of our work toghter. They have to know and feel that I am not just there to earn my paycheck. Truth be told I still have to learn much about the manner in which I can translate my skills and quality to my new target group. Still I see myself improving. I have a few rolemodels in the organisation that prove my aim is realistic.

And that is sort of the point where my trouble started. I had to substitude on a group where they smoothered these kids with an insane amount of rules. And some crazy ones at that. If I gave one of those guys a hand shake to say hello or to wish them a happy new year, that would mean I would be in violation of the rules. There was to be no physical contact on the group. Not between the teenager and not between workers and clients.
Three boys to me the same story from expirience apart from each other. They didn't even get a hand shake when introducing themselves at the intake appointment.

So they just had one of the worst days of their lives. They were told they had to leave home. Perhaps even taken by police. After getting though quenstions all day, they get taken to a group home for crisis situations. They will have to see how they fit into the already excicting group, with all that implies and they get to meet two new adults that will tell them where to sleep en when to do it. And all they know is that they were taught to introduce them selfs by sticking there hand out, saying hallo and telling what there name is. In most countries in the world that is how it works.
Not in the place where I had to substitude. The people that work there throw their hands in the air and said no physical contact.
I can't believe these people. That is no way to great a kid that needs help and had a though day. They may very well be more than a handfull and part responsible for the trouble they are in, but that is no way to start a relationship. That is no way to show you are there for them.

Anyway that how I listen to unemployable at the moment.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
2014 Berlijn