Options

Teenage Wasteland!

danleridanleri Posts: 497
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
yeee i just got tickets to The Who Marlay Park Dublin 29/06/07!!!

who's coming?
Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    danleri wrote:

who's coming?

I know they are. You said it in the previous sentance.
  • Options
    I know they are. You said it in the previous sentance.

Very witty.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Very witty.

i second that...
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danleri wrote:

who's coming?
    me me me :) I got my ticket this morning :)

Did I meet you at the front of the queue for the Dublin concert last year? From quite early in the day?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    me me me :) I got my ticket this morning :)

Did I meet you at the front of the queue for the Dublin concert last year? From quite early in the day?

yes you did indeed! there was a guy from dixie as well, wasn't there?
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    Yep, Kentucky :)

I think I asked you this before :o:D

See ya in London, Copenhagen and then Marley Park :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Yep, Kentucky :)

I think I asked you this before :o:D

See ya in London, Copenhagen and then Marley Park :D

i'm actually trying to trade my spare Copenhagen for a spare Dusseldorf...
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    i'm actually trying to trade my spare Copenhagen for a spare Dusseldorf...
    Really??? Well if the trade doesn't work, and you just want to get rid of your Copenhagen, I've a friend who needs one :) although if it's 10c, that wouldn't work, or actually it might.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Really??? Well if the trade doesn't work, and you just want to get rid of your Copenhagen, I've a friend who needs one :) although if it's 10c, that wouldn't work, or actually it might.

well... if i end up in Copenhagen with my spare tkt... sure i'll give it away no prob! if i can help a fellow PJ fan... why not?!
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    well... if i end up in Copenhagen with my spare tkt... sure i'll give it away no prob! if i can help a fellow PJ fan... why not?!
    that's cool :) thank you. Well she already has her flight booked and all and we're getting hotels soon too. She's coming over for my birthday but she's a big PJ fan too and would love to see them. She had a really rough year last year and couldn't make it to any of the shows :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    that's cool :) thank you. Well she already has her flight booked and all and we're getting hotels soon too. She's coming over for my birthday but she's a big PJ fan too and would love to see them. She had a really rough year last year and couldn't make it to any of the shows :(

i see, i'm sorry to hear that! anyway i can't say anything definitive rite now, but i'll deffo take it in consideration!
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    i see, i'm sorry to hear that! anyway i can't say anything definitive rite now, but i'll deffo take it in consideration!
    No that's ok, I was already going anyway, had my ticket and my flight booked and then she decided she's coming along. She understands she may NOT get a ticket but this will mean her spending a night (possibly a day) in Copenhagen on her own :( so I'm just spreading the word around for her... but thanks for keeping it in consideration.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Me and the missus have tix in the bag...it was much easier than I had thought :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Me and the missus have tix in the bag...it was much easier than I had thought :D

you're rite man, i was on ticketmaster earlier, and tkts are still available!
    marlay park is a big place to fill in i guess...
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    you're rite man, i was on ticketmaster earlier, and tkts are still available!
    marlay park is a big place to fill in i guess...

I thought it wasn't that big tho...anyway, we're there and thats all that matters :D

Now all we need is for PJ to be the special guests and I will be well happy :)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I thought it wasn't that big tho...anyway, we're there and thats all that matters :D

Now all we need is for PJ to be the special guests and I will be well happy :)

man... to be honest with you i feel there's something goin' on here... both bands are around the same places at the same time... but i don't want to talk too much now, you know what i mean!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    there were no queue's this morning :eek: I got mine at 8.20 but I'm not at liberty to say how :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    there were no queue's this morning :eek: I got mine at 8.20 but I'm not at liberty to say how :o

got mine online, very smooth... not like that 10C war a few days ago...
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    man... to be honest with you i feel there's something goin' on here... both bands are around the same places at the same time... but i don't want to talk too much now, you know what i mean!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    what the feck is the big deal with The Who anyway? I just don't get it!

*hides from onslaught*
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

*hides from onslaught*

you kiddin', rite?
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

*hides from onslaught*
    well I think we've all established that we all have different tastes in music :eek: BUT they invented stadium rock and they've so much energy on stage, even today, that they put all the crap bands of the day to shame. Also, the music ain't half bad :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    danleri wrote:
    you kiddin', rite?

unfortunately, no! Each to their own I s'pose!

I don't hate them.. please don't shout at me...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    well I think we've all established that we all have different tastes in music :eek: BUT they invented stadium rock and they've so much energy on stage, even today, that they put all the crap bands of the day to shame. Also, the music ain't half bad :D

i second that, helen!

and just to add something else, i remember to those like me born in the 70's, who grew up with Nirvana and guitar demolition... that Pete Townsend was already smashing his guitars in the early 60's... and he was the very first to do that... and the very first to introduce guitar feedback in his records... today's bands are not even able to go to different hairdresser's in town...
  • Options
    ... and by the way... this is my thread so... everybody should agree with me! lol just kiddin! ;-)
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    i second that, helen!

and just to add something else, i remember to those like me born in the 70's, who grew up with Nirvana and guitar demolition... that Pete Townsend was already smashing his guitars in the early 60's... and he was the very first to do that... and the very first to introduce guitar feedback in his records... today's bands are not even able to go to different hairdresser's in town...
    :D I know, the so-called 'rebellious' bands of today are just following the likes of Petes lead... only they arrange with the hotels beforehand to have a cheaper tv that they can smash and they'll refund them afterwards and pay for the clean up and they apologise profusely.

Jenny did ya not see Live 8? Before Pink Floyd came on and made a fool of everyone else... The Who had already done that :o . There's no comparison between the music of today and that of the '70s :o but still, I understand it's all a matter of taste. I could never see the big deal in the Doors and I'm sure some people would lynch me for that :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    danleri wrote:

If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I don't wanna go
    If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I'd just as soon stay home

I was one of the chosen few, to be born in Alabam',
    I'm just alike my daddy's son, I'm proud of who I am.
    I went through a lot of good women, and shook old Jim Beam's hand,
    If I never see the pearly gates, I've walked through the promised land.

If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I don't wanna go,
    If heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I'd just as soon stay home.
    If they don't have a Grand Ole Opry, like they do in Tennessee,
    Just send me to hell or New York City, it would be about the same to me.

I've got wild honey trees and crazy little weeds, growin' around my shack,
    These dusty roads ain't streets of gold, but I'm a happy right where I'm at.
    All these pretty little southern belles are a country boy's dream,
    They ain't got wings or halos, but they're sure looking good to me. +

If they don't have a Grand Ole Opry, like they do in Tennessee,
    just send me to hell or New York City, it would be about the same to me.

i met so many folks I don't know which one you are........who are you?? :o
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    danleri wrote:

who's coming?

I will, but only to Rotterdam... :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    danleri wrote:

who's coming?

I'd love to go anywhere to see them...but you know..what makes the world go around...I don't have it much..

I don't think that's relevant.. but... when my father was young he looked just like Roger Daltry when he was young (hair and everything)...he was stopped by people etc hehe...
    ..everytime I look at some who record..I see my father there...
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    i have my ticket for the parisian gig (bercy), the 6th of june, 2 days before the first pj show in lisbon... i wonder if something special could happen during this show in paris...