Toronto Roll Call

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    edited April 2016
    Okay maybe not horrible bur just not as good as the US ball parks I've been to.
  • Holly9075Holly9075 Newfoundland, Canada Posts: 195
    When the jays aren't playing they have tours of the rogers centre.You get to see alot of the stadium and all the sections. It's a really nice tour and about 15 dollars each. They usually have them on the hour and you pay for it/meet up @ a little office to the right of the main entrance(home of the toronto blue jays sign) and directly across from the cn tower. I enjoyed this tour wayyy more than the cn tower which was expensive and i thought kind of boring by comparison.
    wall232 said:

Red Lukin said:

BS44325 said:

When the roof is open it is a 1000 times better but either way...don't be messing with the Jays...that will not be accepted by us locals.

I love the Jays. Just don't like that dome ; )
    I would have loved for a game to be going on while up there, one more Stadium I could have checked off.

Mexico City 28/11/15   Chicago 20/08/16    Boston 04/09/2018
    Quebec City 05/05/16  Chicago 22/08/16
    Ottawa 08/05/16          Taormina 26/06/17
    Toronto 10/05/16         Taormina 27/06/17
    Toronto 11/05/16         Boston 02/09/2018

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    Might have to check that out. I've been up on the CN tower a few times. A tour inside the Rogers Centre would be great. It would be either on the 9th afternoon or on the 12th.

But would of loved to of seen a Jay's game.
    Holly9075 said:

When the jays aren't playing they have tours of the rogers centre.You get to see alot of the stadium and all the sections. It's a really nice tour and about 15 dollars each. They usually have them on the hour and you pay for it/meet up @ a little office to the right of the main entrance(home of the toronto blue jays sign) and directly across from the cn tower. I enjoyed this tour wayyy more than the cn tower which was expensive and i thought kind of boring by comparison.

wall232 said:

Red Lukin said:

BS44325 said:

When the roof is open it is a 1000 times better but either way...don't be messing with the Jays...that will not be accepted by us locals.

I would have loved for a game to be going on while up there, one more Stadium I could have checked off.
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Holly9075 said:

wall232 said:

Red Lukin said:

BS44325 said:

I have to fit this in on the 11th. Thanks for the info.
    NYPJ
    No problem guys and yeah it never fails everytime im in toronto they're out of town.Would of loved to catch a game this time.

If anyone has a spare ticket or two to the Jay's home opener, please let me know.
    Good luck. That's a tough ticket to get for ticket price. Is recommend trying for game 2
    Red Lukin said:

Good luck. That's a tough ticket to get for ticket price. Is recommend trying for game 2

Thanks! Hope my friend gets in.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    demetrios said:

BS44325 said:

demetrios said:

Pre party is less then a 6 minute walk to the ACC.

It's got a patio too. Sweet. Hope it's sunny on Tuesday & Wednesday.

Right now that patio is buried in snow
    Wow! Don't think it'll be snowing early May in Toronto, right?
    Looking out the window is not pleasant right now. That patio is easily a snowy wasteland at the moment.
    edited April 2016
    Rogers Centre Tour Experience Information
    http://www.rogerscentre.com/about/tours.jsp

Rogers Centre Tour Experience Pricing:
    Adults: $16.00

No tickets have been added yet for May tour dates over @ http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Rogers-Centre-Tour-Experience-tickets/artist/1283805?brand=none&tm_link=tm_venue_rv_viewed1_name#artist_table_focus

Rogers Centre Tour Experience is the best way to appreciate the wonders of Rogers Centre, one of Toronto's most popular tourist attractions. Tours operate daily, stadium schedule permitting. The one-hour behind-the-scenes tour takes you through our artifact area, club 200 level, the Blue Jays Hall of Fame, a press box, a luxury suite and the playing field. (Routes may vary due to set up for events).

Tour Times are .. 11am, 1pm, 3pm
    Post edited by demetrios on
    Good info Dem but warning to those thinking of going there are probably better ways to spend $16. The skydome ISN'T that nice ; )
    Red Lukin said:

Good info Dem but warning to those thinking of going there are probably better ways to spend $16. The skydome ISN'T that nice ; )

Will be thinking about it. Thanks!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    edited April 2016
    ONE MONTH TO GO! WOOHOO BRING ON THE BIRTHDAY SHOW!
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

ONE MONTH TO GO! WOOHOO BRING ON THE BIRTHDAY SHOW!

Excellent! :)
    A month till Pearl Jam's Night 2 show in Toronto. Ah yeah!!
  • I just won the global citizen draw for May 10.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625

I just won the global citizen draw for May 10.

Congrats!!!!
  • cmalisze said:

Congrats!!!!
    Thanks.

Awesome!! :)
    4 day's left till Toronto's Night 2 drawing over @ https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/artists/pearl-jam/
    Cool!Congrats!!! :bee:

demetrios said:

Pre party is less then a 6 minute walk to the ACC.

It's got a patio too. Sweet. Hope it's sunny on Tuesday & Wednesday.

No more snow on the patio!

TEXT TO WIN: Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam SOLD OUT two shows at Air Canada Centre in Toronto this May and 97.7 HTZ-FM wants to make sure you're in the crowd when they hit the stage.

Text WIN and your name to 977977 for your chance to win a pair of tickets to the show.

CONTEST ENDS: Sunday, April 17th, 2016 @ 11:59pm ET

No purchase necessary. Contest starts on Monday, April 11, 2016 12:00 a.m. ET and closes Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Open to legal residents of Ontario who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $175 CAD. Odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Draw: Monday, April 18, 2016. Complete contest rules and entry available atwww.htzfm.com.

CLICK HERE FOR CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
    http://www.htzfm.com/rules/story.aspx?ID=2194558
  • mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 108
    Anyone have an idea of how big the GA pit is for Toronto show relative to other dates on the tour? I've only been in the Pit once before (Worcester MA '13) and the Pit was nearly the whole floor.
  • 59fender59fender Statesville NC Posts: 46
    Prolly a long shot, but I'm gonna ask anyway. I'll be in London ON for business this week. Anyone have a extra ticket and could hitch ride to and from the London ON area. I wouldn't be able to leave London until about 4:30 or 5pm(either night). Only looking to attend one show.
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    59fender said:

Prolly a long shot, but I'm gonna ask anyway. I'll be in London ON for business this week. Anyone have a extra ticket and could hitch ride to and from the London ON area. I wouldn't be able to leave London until about 4:30 or 5pm(either night). Only looking to attend one show.

You could always look into via rail and greyhound. There may be a way to find a way to work it around your schedule.

http://www.viarail.ca/

https://greyhound.ca/
    hmm ...

@ The Who

Those Who fans who have tickets for the Toronto show on April 26th at the Air Canada Centre, please note that due to the Toronto Raptors Playoffs which will take place at the Air Canada Centre on the 26th, The Who Hits 50! concert will now take place on Wednesday 27th.

What will happen if the Raptors keep winning and they have home games the 2nd week of May? Will they work around Pearl Jam's 10th & 11th ACC shows or will PJ postpone one of their shows for May 9th or May 12th?
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

What will happen if the Raptors keep winning and they have home games the 2nd week of May? Will they work around Pearl Jam's 10th & 11th ACC shows or will PJ postpone one of their shows for May 9th or May 12th?
    I've been worried about this for awhile, really hope the dates don't get changed.
    NYPJ
    I'm quite used to the Raptors choking so I won't worry about this until Lowry and DeRozan prove I have to worry about this.
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Forza Indiana lol